Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-04-2006, 08:46 PM   #151
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
mate i havent looked at your user profile but you sound young, i respect your honesty . but it is this attitude that will get you and others killed.
you can get killed anywhere in a car. i really suggest not having fun in a car unless on a driving track . in controlled conditions.
mate its got nothing to do with my age mate im 23 by the way.

its EXPERIENCE yes im young but i was taught to drive by my father in our 185kw EL xr8 on my Ls he taught me how to corner and stay on my side of the road whilst still giving it some he made me go as fast as i could through the corner and not get sideways whilst i exited the corner he made me do this until i was able to get it perfect.

my old man had quick cars throughout his youth and so have i TE50 series1 eb xr6, and my current sprint.

i used to do security patrols from when i was 18 so i drove well over 1200 kays a week for 3 years and in that time i saw so many people do stupid things on the road. my old man also did patrols for 20 years and probably drove well over 1 million kays id say more like 2 million in his career.

In my driving record i have been booked 3 times (once whilst working) in my driving career from Ls to now i have done an estimated 300,000+kays work+personal. for my age i have alot of experience and understand the dynamics of cars and although i do muck around on the road in my car and on my bike (cbr250rr)i still exercise some caution. i know how silly people can be but i still maintain that u can be "safe" and have "fun".

im not trying to show off but i will always agree its experince not age thats the problem u can be young and have good experience people today need advanced driving courses and also need to drive as much as they can whilst learning in all conditions. my old man gave me some skills and this taught me to understand car dynamics.

Flame me all u like and disagree all u like thats my opinion based on my experiences i have seen bad accidents(also i have never been in an accident believe it or not) and people do stupid stuff my whole driving career and its not always young blokes or chicks.
phat_stak_tipa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2006, 08:54 PM   #152
rodderz

Education and attitude would largely have a lot to do with it, regardless of age

It's a scarey part of life, that people you know of who are pretty highly strung, or have no respect for others, or are pretty clueless with certain things, would be like that on the road too, whether they are 18 or 58...

Then there's those who werent taught to drive properly in the 1st place
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2006, 09:00 PM   #153
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat_stak_tipa
mate its got nothing to do with my age mate im 23 by the way.

its EXPERIENCE yes im young but i was taught to drive by my father in our 185kw EL xr8 on my Ls he taught me how to corner and stay on my side of the road whilst still giving it some he made me go as fast as i could through the corner and not get sideways whilst i exited the corner he made me do this until i was able to get it perfect.

my old man had quick cars throughout his youth and so have i TE50 series1 eb xr6, and my current sprint.

i used to do security patrols from when i was 18 so i drove well over 1200 kays a week for 3 years and in that time i saw so many people do stupid things on the road. my old man also did patrols for 20 years and probably drove well over 1 million kays id say more like 2 million in his career.

In my driving record i have been booked 3 times (once whilst working) in my driving career from Ls to now i have done an estimated 300,000+kays work+personal. for my age i have alot of experience and understand the dynamics of cars and although i do muck around on the road in my car and on my bike (cbr250rr)i still exercise some caution. i know how silly people can be but i still maintain that u can be "safe" and have "fun".

im not trying to show off but i will always agree its experince not age thats the problem u can be young and have good experience people today need advanced driving courses and also need to drive as much as they can whilst learning in all conditions. my old man gave me some skills and this taught me to understand car dynamics.

Flame me all u like and disagree all u like thats my opinion based on my experiences i have seen bad accidents(also i have never been in an accident believe it or not) and people do stupid stuff my whole driving career and its not always young blokes or chicks.
mate fair enough. the way your father taught you was a good way. . experiance doesnt always make us better drivers i didnt have an accident for 20 years and all of a sudden 2 in one week . the 2nd shouldve killed me but i walked away unscathed . never get comfortable behind the wheel, attitudes and overconfidence will always catch up. not flaming you at all mate, just be humble or be humbled when on the road . i muight sound like an old bag here but you are only going from point a to point b. doesnt matter what you are driving or how quick you want to get there or how much fun you expect doing so . it just matters that you are as safe as possible. and get there .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2006, 09:12 PM   #154
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i ride a bike now mostly for my trips to work being comfortable and overconfident are bikers worst ememies these things i am not when i ride. im confident im "MY" ability but i never assume thats others will be watching for me or have even seen me at all.
Old 20-04-2006, 09:21 PM   #155
Aeron
DJR Fan

I’m 22 and people say I drive too slow. I do the speed limit and I’ve never been booked for speeding. I've done 4 Advanced Driving courses and 2 track day. I didn’t do them so I could drive like a lunatic on the street, I did them to prepare myself for potentially dangerous situations. I don’t drive like a d1ckhead on the road even though I drive a "fast" car. I go to places like Wakefield Park where I can drive as fast as I like and get it all out of my system. More people should give that a go I think. I've seen people there that find out just how good they're not at controlling their car.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2006, 09:24 PM   #156
xd5.8l
Banned

All we have is a small patch of rubber holding these 2 ton leviathens to the road. It's so easy to play god until you have a slip up. I like to ask the dear lord for repentence for i've pushed the boundries of adhesion in dangerous conditions and have dodged disaster.
I've spun 180 degrees on the eastern at 100 kmh and have new found respect for the road and other users. It feels as if someone has pulled the rug out from under you.
xd5.8l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2006, 09:28 PM   #157
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeron
I’m 22 and people say I drive too slow. I do the speed limit and I’ve never been booked for speeding. I've done 4 Advanced Driving courses and 2 track day. I didn’t do them so I could drive like a lunatic on the street, I did them to prepare myself for potentially dangerous situations. I don’t drive like a d1ckhead on the road even though I drive a "fast" car. I go to places like Wakefield Park where I can drive as fast as I like and get it all out of my system. More people should give that a go I think. I've seen people there that find out just how good they're not at controlling their car.
its refreshing to see that u have done these things aeron id imagine u would be a bit of a gun. i have to do a an advanced riding/superbike school soon so i can really get a feel for riding fast and also a better understanding of bike dynamics.
Old 20-04-2006, 09:33 PM   #158
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ohh by the way aeron how u feeling now?? if u dont mind me asking
Old 20-04-2006, 10:04 PM   #159
Aeron
DJR Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat_stak_tipa
ohh by the way aeron how u feeling now?? if u dont mind me asking
The last half of today I felt quite a bit better. Head aches gone that I’d had for 3 days. I didn’t get much sleep at all last night. My worst night yet. Im looking forward to going back to the scene on Saturday morning just to see it as a normal road, and not as the nightmare that the pictures in my mind show. I think i'll be able to move on after that. 2 weeks off work will also help.

Old 20-04-2006, 10:12 PM   #160
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

kewl all the best on a quick recovery take it easy and try to do as many fun things with friends as u can itl help take your mind off it.
Old 21-04-2006, 12:32 AM   #161
XR8 queen
Starter Motor

Hi Aeron,

I read this post the other night but i was too tired to post. However, i have been thinking of what you must be going thru ever since.
When our emergency personnel deal with traumatic situations, they are offered professional counselling in order for them to be debriefed of their horrific experience.
Just PLEASE keep this in mind, mate. It's available out there and is often a necessity for those like yourself, who find themselves in the worst place at the worst time.
Time will not heal BUT time will help you deal with the extreme ranges of emotions as you work thru this terrible tragedy.
I really feel for you having to be in this position after just driving along minding your own business. You had the decency to stop and render assistance not knowing what you were about to see upon arrival and yeah, this will be etched in your memory for a while, unfortunately. Anyway, please consider being debriefed by a professional if you feel that things arent improving. It may just save you unnecessary prolonged recovery time.
Hope you get over this devastating hurdle without too much more suffering while you try to resume to your usual self. All the best wishes....
XR8 queen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2006, 12:57 AM   #162
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Very sorry to here all this after just having read post 1. I hope I never have to witness an event of this nature & I hope I never will. I leave my dirty laundry for the race track...where it belongs....

Cheers
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2006, 03:56 PM   #163
Aeron
DJR Fan

This morning I went back to where it all happened. I feel so much better now. I walked down to where the WRX was and had a read of some of the cards with the flowers taped to the pole. Then I walked up the other side of the road to where the HQ was. There was a simple white cross with the words, "The Innocent" in big letters. I read a letter left by one of the grand children of the elderly couple and it was so sad. I broke down again.

Im not feeling 100%, but I feel a lot better. I'll never ever forget the accident or any of the people involved, but I must move on. I'd like to say thanks to everyone on this forum for their overwhelming support. It’s been amazing!! And if there is a next time that I come across something like that again, I’d do exactly the same thing.

Old 25-04-2006, 01:12 AM   #164
nathen

mate your a legend..i hope you are feeling better
nathen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 05:35 AM   #165
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

Hi Aeron
Mate , I know exactly how you feel , Talk to people , Cry if you want to , it's called "Being Human" , and get counselling if you feel you need to, it's nothing to be ashamed of .
When I was 20, I was in a fatal accident , actually out the same direction , it was the corner of Deepfields RD & Camden Valley Way (was the Highway at the time) Catherine Fields , 4.30pm Wednesday 19th Sept 1974 .
I was coming back into Sydney and travelling 60mph , and there was a semi coming slowly up the hill, as I got level with the cab of the semi a young fellow (same age as me) pulled out from behind the semi to turn right into Deepfields Rd . and it was all over "in the blink of an eye" . I ran to his car , but there was nothing I could do. You just feel so helpless.
This is why I say , "Talk , Cry , and/or get someone to help you . I have learnt to live with it , because in those days there was no such thing as counselling , and you were left to your own devices to get through it. My parents were wonderful , and so were the Camden Police , they looked after me until my parents could get across from Blacktown .
Belonging to a Forum like this can really help , just typing is another "type of release" , and there are many understanding people here.
It takes a little time , but memories do fade . Hang in there ,mate.
Take Care
Norm

PS , (Just read up the page) Great to hear you're going to Wakefield Park , best place to be . You'll notice on my Sig "'59 FC Holden Race Car" I bought that car just after my accident , joined a car club , and ran it for 12 yrs at Oran Park , Amaroo Park & Silverdale Hillclimb , you've got the right Idea , & IGNORE anyone who says you drive too slow , you're "just driving smart".

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"

Last edited by normxb; 25-04-2006 at 05:56 AM.
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post