Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-08-2006, 07:58 PM   #1
shepv8
V8's for ever

Default Whats my AU1 XR8 worth?????

Am probably going to sell the car. Its:

11/98 AU1 XR8
78,000 kms
5 sp manual
Silloutte black
Cruise control
17in Tickford rims
Lukey 3 in cat back exhaust
K&N panel filter
Flash tuner with bluepower tune ( price depends on if you want the flasher)
10 months rego
new Kumho Ecsta tyres
Just had gearbox oil done ( transmax ), engine oil, filter etc.
JVC cd stereo, with sony amp and boston acoustic / jbl 7 X 5's speakers.

The car is very immaculate, fairly low kays for its age. Only a few stone chips and the interior is unmarked.
Is $15,000 too much???

What do you guys reckon ,as Ill be putting in the classified section very soon.

shepv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2006, 08:06 PM   #2
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$15,000 would be a good price to target in your ad because it's got good km's on it and a few extras. Expect that with fuel prices the way they are though, and normal depreciation trends you might try to get talked down a bit.. I'd put $15k and take $14k if it came to it. my 2c
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2006, 08:22 PM   #3
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know ford knock off a couple of grand but I went to sell my AU1 XR8 back to Ford 2 years ago and the max they were paying was $15,000 back then. I ended up selling for $13500. The cheapest AU XR8 I have seen so far is $9000. But that had a lot of k's.

From www.Redbook.com.au,
1998 FORD FALCON

AU XR8 Sedan 4dr Man 5sp 5.0i
Prices based on km 120,000 - 200,000
Trade in price guide* $7,600 - $9,100
National average price - private sale* $10,000 - $12,800
Price when new (RRP) $46,490
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2006, 08:28 PM   #4
shepv8
V8's for ever

yeah ,obviously the fuel thing is going to hurt V8 sales at the moment,
but I think whoever buys it will be someone who is looking for this particular car and isnt worried too much about fuel prices.
Its funny the way people think. Personally, I think a car car with low kays isnt really worth a heap more than a similar , high km model. The lower kays just make it more desirable to the prospective buyer.
$13,500!!!! sheeeeeesh
It really is a good example so hopefully someone out there is looking for a car in this condition.
shepv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post