Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 22-10-2006, 09:40 PM   #31
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Under the bonnet, trying to keep as clean as above!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perana XR8
Better flow (unless you have an EF/L XR head) with smaller ports = better air velocity, smaller valve stems, supposedly has better coolant passages too for more even cooling.

The mains have standard Bolts going straight in but then also have bolts going in at 90deg to the other bolts.

that does sound alright! 4 bolt mains. so you could get alot better flow out of the AU head by porting/polishing ect then say an ED head?
EB Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 11:42 PM   #32
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

ok i dont mean to sound stupid & go over the same things.

How easy is the AU changeover in an EA?
Any major parts on a stock EA need replacing after you buy the modified AU engine from ebay?
Can you re-use most of the EA LPgas system into AU Motor?
Is it legal?
Do you need any special certificates?
How does insurrance go?
Whats the output power difference?

Thanks in advance
Bradman
BRADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 10:39 AM   #33
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

I got my AU motor from them. Still to this day hasnt missed a beat and its had 10psi flowing through it.

Id strongly suggest this motor for either NA or boosted application. Best mod you can do in an E series IMO
- XB Coupe Project
BOOSTDEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 02:36 PM   #34
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJSPENCER85
ok i dont mean to sound stupid & go over the same things.

How easy is the AU changeover in an EA?
Any major parts on a stock EA need replacing after you buy the modified AU engine from ebay?
Can you re-use most of the EA LPgas system into AU Motor?
Is it legal?
Do you need any special certificates?
How does insurrance go?
Whats the output power difference?

Thanks in advance
Bradman
No idea about how well the EA parts can be re-used with AU engine.

But yes it is legal, you will not require any special certificates as its legal to put a later engine from the same model in your car without having to get it signed off by an engineer.

Just be sure to tell Vicroads and your insurance company your new engine number.

The output difference between EA and AU will probably be notciable but like others said power will come on smoother and rev a lot better, makeing it much more enjoyable to drive than the 3.9L.
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 04:48 PM   #35
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

frdxr6 - thanks very much, your comments were most helpful.
i didnt relise you could upgrade an engine from ea to au without needing engineers. i thought you could only go to like ea 4.0l from ea 3.9l.
thanks again.
next time i have a major engine problem ill upgrade. i cant now cos i just had head gaskit done n dont wanna waste good motor.

so all ea parts can cope with au engine. gearbox included?
so its basicly a blot on change over. no massive component changes.
if so why doesnt everyone do it...
thanks again
bradman
BRADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post