Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-11-2007, 06:32 PM   #121
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

NZ get the mondeo wagon
ReVd_uP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 06:43 PM   #122
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple
Mitsubishi have made a Lancer wagon for years (not with the new CJ Lancer) Same with Peugot, Subaru, Toyota, Audi - all of which can be had as 4 cylinders.
I have a Corolla Wagon. It has less space than you would believe, my Focus almost has as much overall capacity in the boot... What i mean is, the Mondeo is absolutely an alternative to the Fuel sapping and ill handling OEM Falcon. It would be nice for me, and i would imagine others, to have a good handling, economical (at least in TDI form) BIG wagon, which will accept extensions of the family.

Anyway, one way or another, It will be sensational to have this.

Also, Mitsu & Pug are relatively small, one class smaller. Subaru are underpowered, and not economical, and while Audi are fantastic, I could buy 3 mondeo wagons for the same price as a similar specced & Sized A6 Wagon.
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 07:14 PM   #123
Disciple
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan
I have a Corolla Wagon. It has less space than you would believe, my Focus almost has as much overall capacity in the boot... What i mean is, the Mondeo is absolutely an alternative to the Fuel sapping and ill handling OEM Falcon. It would be nice for me, and i would imagine others, to have a good handling, economical (at least in TDI form) BIG wagon, which will accept extensions of the family.

Anyway, one way or another, It will be sensational to have this.

Also, Mitsu & Pug are relatively small, one class smaller. Subaru are underpowered, and not economical, and while Audi are fantastic, I could buy 3 mondeo wagons for the same price as a similar specced & Sized A6 Wagon.
Yeah I get what you're saying man, not having a go. Personally, I don't think there's a big market for the wagon in Aus in recent times due to the influx of SUV/4WD, but I do like the wagon. (Mitsubishi Legnum anyone?)
Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 07:33 PM   #124
devilracer_01
Sleeping Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Tonko]
I'll take a black one, with the leather and sunroof, mmmmmm
Probably the only car that would get me out of a falcon...

Agree and I could head down that path rather than look at a BF or Orion.
devilracer_01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2008, 10:09 PM   #125
blaqxr6

Default VFACTS Sales data for February 2008

"Toyota's Camry continues to lead the medium car segment on 1723 units sold for the month. Interestingly, that is over 800 units down on its YOY performance last year. No other car sold in four figures. The Mazda6 sold 931 units (over 200 down on Feb '07), but the Subaru Liberty had a good month, selling 728 units, versus 587 in February 2007. The Mazda's slower sales were probably a result of Mazda running out (and running out of) stock of the first generation model, as the new car hit the showrooms. In that light, the Mazda's performance was quite good.

Holden's Epica sold 470 units for the month and the Ford Mondeo sold 392."

Things aren't looking good for the Mondeo
blaqxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2008, 07:06 AM   #126
The Stylist
Automotive Designer

392 Sales is pretty poor, what's the marketing like for the Mondeo over in Aussie?
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2008, 07:22 AM   #127
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

That doesn't suprise me too much.... with the Epica being a bazillion dollars cheaper!!!
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2008, 07:24 AM   #128
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stylist
392 Sales is pretty poor, what's the marketing like for the Mondeo over in Aussie?
sh!t...
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2008, 10:12 AM   #129
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan

Subaru are underpowered, and not economical
Underpowered ?

The Subie 2.5 is putting out more power/torque than the Mondeo 2.3 is slightly more economical (according to each manufacturers claims) and while yes it is smaller it still has a huge boot in wagon form. The Subie has it all over the Mondeo in acceleration, the Mondeo is a slug.
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2008, 01:48 AM   #130
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Apart from having too many of the 2.3 petrol models when most buyers have wanted the diesel or XR5T, they have been selling all the Mondeos they can get and there are buyers waiting for boats to arrive with their cars! The low sales are purely limited by supply.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2008, 11:53 AM   #131
marcosambrose

Ford Australia have supply issues, thats why they are low, as stated by outback_ute.
marcosambrose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post