Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-11-2007, 12:11 PM   #1
Chamelion
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default ISC valve/throttle body gasket

Hello,

Just took my ISC valve off to clean it and the gasket between it and the throttle body broke in half.
Is it a simple matter of grabbing a new gasket (are they expensive?) from supercheap/repco or have I done a big no no and caused myself a lot of grief?

Cheers lads

Matt.

Chamelion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2007, 12:32 PM   #2
Chamelion
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just called repco auto and they said they didn't sell them, at all... They only sell blank gasket sheets that you cut out yourself.

Erm, ?
Old 01-11-2007, 01:11 PM   #3
canuk7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamelion
I just called repco auto and they said they didn't sell them, at all... They only sell blank gasket sheets that you cut out yourself.

Erm, ?

Hi Camelion,

Ford sell them $6. I had to replace mine just recently.
canuk7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2007, 01:43 PM   #4
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

I recently cleaned mine and it broke the gasket too. But i just used a bead of silicon to seal it all back up. Was all i had at the time and it works fine

Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2007, 02:28 PM   #5
Chamelion
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cheers lads, ford has said $6.60, but it has to be delivered from Brisbane... I've contacted another couple of local ford dealers to see if anyone has one now, otherwise I'll get it up from Bris.. Should be alright until tommorow.

Is it worth getting ford to quickly check my car for error codes whilst I'm there? My usual mechanic near certainly won't have the equipment to do it and I don't plan on having my car serviced at Ford.

Cheers
Old 01-11-2007, 04:11 PM   #6
mr302xd
Formerly MR BAXR6t

bought a replacement from ford a few weeks ago. 12 buks

Fords ive owned-
2010 FG XR6 5 speed auto in Mystic
81 XD S-Pac 302c 4sp manual
78 Yellow TE Cortina Wagon 4.1L
92 Green EB Fairmont GT replica
01 Black AU XR8 II Manual
04 Rapid BAII XR6T 220rwkw
04 Mandarin BA XR6T 247rwkw
07 BF II XR6T 385rwkw
1980 ZJ Fairlane 302c
mr302xd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2007, 05:04 PM   #7
Chamelion
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Went into Ford this afternoon and have one on order to pick up tommorow. $6.60, chicken feed, thankfully.

I cleaned the ISC, throttle body and reset my ECU today. Seems to have helped. Car starts easier, seems to idle smoother and my 1st-2nd gear changes in power mode aren't jerky anymore... Hopefully that stays the case.

Matt.