Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-11-2008, 07:11 AM   #1
eXi7w0unD

Default AU doors

hi, i been hit (yet again) :( mate reversed into my car one night, my car goes invisible at night cus of the galaxy blue colour :S

anyway, we wanna do this the cheapest easyest way, so if i get an electric xr6/xr8 door off ebay, can i put my fairmont ghia electic window, the door trim with wood grainness onto this door? like will if fit and all? after that it just need a respray the right colour and bobs ur aunty right?!@!

and that garnish strip that goes along ghia doors, if its bent a nice bend motion can it be straightened or will i need a new 1? for want a couple hundry for the strip....

or does any 1 have a better idea? have a look at these pic and tell me if it can be pulled out?

Old 26-11-2008, 07:23 AM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

If you can get any door that has the rear power windows already in it ... it's just a case of swapping over trim and that is all ... other than that if you have tint ... just getting the window redone to match the rest.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 10:08 AM   #3
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

why not take the window out as well?
Old 26-11-2008, 04:18 PM   #4
eXi7w0unD

so it can be done then?
Old 26-11-2008, 05:03 PM   #5
The Monty
Just slidin'

A Galaxy Blue Fairmont Ghia series 2 went for $2100 at the auctions yesty. Hail damage only, and only 160k's on it.
Old 26-11-2008, 06:19 PM   #6
Fordfan4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXi7w0unD
so it can be done then?
Yes it can be done. No really dramas or stuffing around.

I wouldn't bother getting it pulled out, looks like from the pictures that the metal has been creased. Will be cheaper to go about it the way you said.
Me: What button?
Officer: The button for the clutch!!!
Me: [laughing so hard it hurts]
Fordfan4u is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2008, 06:34 AM   #7
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

as the door mould is only plastic, it should be fine, it doesnt appear to be actually broken in the photos, but then im only asssuming this is what your talking about as there arent any photos of anything else. and i think youll find that you can any sedan rear door and everything will work. it just depends on the amount of work required. for instance, if you get a forte rear door, non power window option, all you will need to do is pull the window regulators out and swap them over. and the glass is easy enough to swap as well, so no need to get one window tinted. when swapping the door moulds just remember there will be double sided tape as well as bolts (i believe).
good luck with it

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2008, 08:09 AM   #8
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2sw
as the door mould is only plastic, it should be fine, it doesnt appear to be actually broken in the photos, but then im only asssuming this is what your talking about as there arent any photos of anything else. and i think youll find that you can any sedan rear door and everything will work. it just depends on the amount of work required. for instance, if you get a forte rear door, non power window option, all you will need to do is pull the window regulators out and swap them over. and the glass is easy enough to swap as well, so no need to get one window tinted. when swapping the door moulds just remember there will be double sided tape as well as bolts (i believe).
good luck with it
A grade info! Well done au2sw!
No need for an electric door, as all the bits from yours will fit.

Only thing I would add is make sure all the window bits still work in yours, otherwise an electric door may be the way to go!

Mike
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2008, 11:27 PM   #9
eXi7w0unD

thanks fellas. much appreiciated but if i myself cannot replace the windows and the power window regulaters etc. what type of person whould i pay to do it? panal beater? auto electriction? just not sure bout who can swap all the parts from 1 door to the other if i fail
Old 30-11-2008, 12:32 AM   #10
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your having some luck with your car, have you considered painting it fluro yellow?
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2008, 08:04 AM   #11
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

its easy to change the parts over, just make sure you have a friend with some tools....or ask your dad.....just take your time and think about how you pull things out and put them back in.....dont forget you always have us here on line to help you out. another thing you can do to help yourself with it, take photos from start to finish so you can compare the end product with the start...and also can be used as a tute in aufalcon.com later on

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2008, 09:52 AM   #12
eXi7w0unD

hahaha yea, might put high visibility stickers all over the car hahahha.

yea good idea, ill take photos . dad dont know about it LOL, and yea he doesnt know much bout cars. i gotta help him out with that stuff.
Old 30-11-2008, 11:37 AM   #13
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dude i replaced my window regualtor(in the front door anyway) yesterday

theres 1 (maybe 2) bolts at the bottom of the track.. 2 up the top and the motor has 3 gold nuts
then you just need to unclip the window from the regulator arm thingy (just spread the tangs with a pair of screwdrivers to make them unclip...

be EXTREMELY careful as the track will scratch the crap out of your tint(yes i need new tint now:(
Old 30-11-2008, 04:38 PM   #14
eXi7w0unD

haha cheers for the heads up