Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 20-07-2005, 11:10 PM   #1
mockgt

Default bugga

hey i no this is probably a self explanitory question but ill ask anyway.

had a bit of a drifting accident the other week, slammed the front passenger side rim into a gutter at about 40kph. nice chunks out of the rim. is there any way to fix dammaged chrome or not??

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2005, 11:19 PM   #2
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

yeah get it re chromed .If the rim is dented you can get it re rolled or a new outer put on and to re chrome sandblast then the chroming can begin

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2005, 11:19 PM   #3
mockgt

what kinda price am i looking at and where can i get it done?
Old 20-07-2005, 11:21 PM   #4
GRNKPR

where are you and how bad is it

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
Old 20-07-2005, 11:24 PM   #5
mockgt

im in croydon. its not really bad i mean it could be a lot worse. its just kinda made a flat area about 3/4 of the way round the edge of the rim.
the worst part is obviously the point of impact and the rest is more or lest just scrapage.
Old 20-07-2005, 11:27 PM   #6
InitialD
Low and Loud

Dallas, send me a pic of the rim if you can,

if its just a "ding" on the outter of the rim, you can stick it on the back. I use to have a ding on my old CSA mags and it was fine on the back. just the front use to vibrate

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2005, 11:29 PM   #7
mockgt

aww hey i didnt even think that could be the reason i have a bit of vibration. hey ill see ya on sunday you can have a look then.
Old 20-07-2005, 11:30 PM   #8
GRNKPR

NEWAY WHEELS in Heidelberg i havent got the number but years ago they did a heaps of rims eg made 1 set of org 12 slots 6" wide 14 high into 10 inch wide and 15' high using the origanal centres they have been around for years and know there stuff

Old 20-07-2005, 11:32 PM   #9
mockgt

crazy. thanx for the dude. will check em out. ya cant really notice the damage right now coz they dirty enuf they look like they arent even chrome. stands out like dogs ball when they clean though.
Old 20-07-2005, 11:33 PM   #10
InitialD
Low and Loud

Tisk tisk you shouldnt be drifting anyway :P j/k

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2005, 11:35 PM   #11
GRNKPR

What car are they on and what rim eg 12 slots

Old 20-07-2005, 11:37 PM   #12
mockgt

they on a ED and they AU 17" chrome
Old 20-07-2005, 11:42 PM   #13
GRNKPR

okay just wondering where MOCKGT came from

Old 20-07-2005, 11:47 PM   #14
mockgt

i have a EB GT kit on it.
Old 20-07-2005, 11:48 PM   #15
mockgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by InitialD
Tisk tisk you shouldnt be drifting anyway :P j/k

yes well thats what ya get for getting ya car lowered and going too hard the first time you drift it before ya get used to the new handling.

my own fault now i have to pay for it.
Old 20-07-2005, 11:51 PM   #16
GRNKPR

cool as