Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 18-10-2006, 06:06 PM   #1
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

Default Thats it!!! I need a Fairlane!

Well, as some of you may know, I used to own a sweet NC2 V8... which I lost to an engine fire... I was gutted, but had to jump back on the horse and get on with life.

So, after a few trips to the bank and some shopping, I purchased an ED Gli, with 67,500K's on the clock. Its an immaculate car with no problems what so ever.
I've even gone as far as putting in the fairlane interior and bought a tickford head, sprint body kit, 16X8" mags...

But... I miss the sound and feel of driving a v8 powered LWB e-series...

So, the plan is to sell the ED to my fiancee (Discount of course ) pay off the money owing on the ED, and take out a new loan in search of a NF or NL Fairlane Ghia V8. Maybe even an EL Fairmont Ghia V8...

Those that have had a v8 and then gone to the I6 may know the feeling that im going through... The ED is a great car, but it just doesnt feel right for me.

Another factor for this, is that my fiancee is ready to get her licence and buy her first car, and all the e-series cars we have looked at are overpriced with heaps of k's on them. ($4000 for an 88 EA Gl??)
She has been looking to buy a car just like mine... so why not just buy mine?? :P
I would rather her get a good deal on mine, as I know it is a genuine solid car.

What do you all think?? Should I stop whinging and live with the ED or take the plunge and go for the V8?

Thanks...
Aj

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 06:56 PM   #2
LOWBA6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

u know you want the v8!!
LOWBA6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 10:15 PM   #3
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

do your self a favor and buy the fuel guzzling V8. gotta love em.
needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 10:39 PM   #4
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

V8 arnt as bad on fuel as people say they are, i was driving a mates EB v8 and it was about the same as mine i think, but mine aint stock, but yer go the V8 sounds soo good and after driving my mates im now thinking of going an 8
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 08:36 AM   #5
Allen

Thats exactly why I want another v8.
My NC V8 used an average of 13.5L/100ks around town and 11.5L/100ks on the freeway. (That motor had done 250,000k's and was tired)
The ED 4.0 only uses 12.5L/100ks around town and 9.8L/100ks on the freeway. (This motor has done 77,000k's to date)

Not much of a difference.

I've seen some nice DF - DL LTD's that look so tempting... I want one bad

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Old 19-10-2006, 09:08 AM   #6
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

hmm, ok not as bad as i thought.
needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 09:39 AM   #7
Schmick76
Pet_ED

Your tempting me to upgrade to a V8 also, GO the V8

4000 for an EA? Some dealers in bendigo are selling them complete and driving for $250
2.5" Exhaust
Blue Dash LED Conversion
EL Thermo Fans
15" Mags Bridgies Grid II 225's
Schmick76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 11:04 AM   #8
NC_Lane
NC Fairlane Ghia

If you like it, go for it mate. Gotta Love the LWB
NC_Lane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 12:02 PM   #9
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

U know your gonna, u just need some reassurance from the forumboys that its a good move! Mate just do it, u now you'l be much happier and ur helpin ur girlfriend out! cant be a bad thing!
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
XR6TickfordBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 12:13 PM   #10
NCGhia

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlane_ghia
search of a NF or NL Fairlane Ghia V8. Maybe even an EL Fairmont Ghia V8...
I'm in the position that I have both a V8 NC and EL Fairmont Ghia V8. If you are chasing the feel of the NC, sorry to say this the Fairmont wont give it to you.

My EL is quicker off the line and is a very nice car, but there is something that I can't put my finger on that makes the NC give me more pleasure to drive, even thou its done over 300k. Don't get me wrong, I love my EL and glad I bought it, but its no LWB.

Last edited by NCGhia; 19-10-2006 at 12:55 PM.
NCGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 12:15 PM   #11
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

cough *buy my EL* cough.

go back to the V8, or pick up a turbo'd 6.. either way i'm sure you'll be happy.

also if you do that, sell me back my woodgrain dash trims!!
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 12:21 PM   #12
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

aarrrgghh now your tempting me to chuck a V8 in my car!! lately iv really gotten into V8 ED modeled Fairlanes (whats the order of the Fairlanes from EA -ED?? i know EF is NF and EL is NL.)
go the v8, man i love the sound of a sweet fuel guzzler!!
Old 19-10-2006, 12:55 PM   #13
Allen

lol... it seems my lust for a v8 LWB is rubbing off on some of you guys... can't blame ya's ;)

sorry fantz, ive decided on the LWB... and my fiance wants to keep the woodgrain... you can fight her for it on sunday ;)

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Old 19-10-2006, 02:17 PM   #14
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlane_ghia
sorry fantz, ive decided on the LWB... and my fiance wants to keep the woodgrain... you can fight her for it on sunday ;)
deal!

good luck with the purchase - there are a few nice ones around at the moment. like these:

NF lane
another NF
NL lane

cheap as chips!
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 02:58 PM   #15
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

i have got myself an nc-2 since i've been in qld.. must say drives like a boat but nice 'n roomy for me lol. it is a green colour, got the xr6 rims on, looks hot now :P
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 03:10 PM   #16
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 05:31 PM   #17
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Theres nothing quiet like a Thumpin V8!! :
Old 19-10-2006, 06:42 PM   #18
Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
i have got myself an nc-2 since i've been in qld.. must say drives like a boat but nice 'n roomy for me lol. it is a green colour, got the xr6 rims on, looks hot now :P
Looks good kyro Interior looks familar :P Post up some pics of the exterior...

And there aint nothing wrong with driving like a boat... everyone should drive a land yacht at least once in their lives.

I went and had a look at some Fairlanes in some car yards in Coberg today... needless to say that they were massivly overpriced and a little shabby...

That first NF that Fantz posted up looks great... the owner is on the forums IIRC... pity its in NSW :(

I'll bide my time...

Thanks everyone for confiming my thoughts that V8s rule If anyone knows of some nice ones for sale, let me know!

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Old 19-10-2006, 07:07 PM   #19
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

you should get a ED type fairlane, what are they NC or something. personally the EF/EL fairlanes dont have the tough look about them compared to the earlier models.
Old 19-10-2006, 07:25 PM   #20
Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
you should get a ED type fairlane, what are they NC or something. personally the EF/EL fairlanes dont have the tough look about them compared to the earlier models.
I would consider it, but my first car was a NC series 2 V8 Ghia. The alarm system caught fire, and took out the engine bay... Which is why im lusting after a V8 so much now...

My NC in its prime...

And how it looks as of today :(

I wouldn't mind another NC if I hadn't already owned one before... I want something a little more modern than what I've already owned.

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR