Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 24-10-2006, 09:22 AM   #1
frost
Banned

Default Do you know replacing your windscreen can clear your defect notice

Reading the vicroads website, it appears getting the windscreen replaced can remove your defect and you dont have to visit vicroads. But you do have to present a RWC explain that? I thought it was against the law to remove them

How do I clear a Victorian defect notice?

The defect notice will specify what you need to do to clear the defect notice. One of three types of requirement will be stated on the notice:

1. Self Clearance - You are responsible for repairing defects mentioned in the defect notice and you must sign Section 8 of the Defect Notice once the defects have been repaired. You will also need to forward the "blue" copy of the Defect Notice to VicRoads.
2. Clearance by VicRoads - You do not need to obtain a Certificate of Roadworthiness. However, you must present the vehicle for inspection to a VicRoads Customer Service Centre to ensure that the defects are rectified and the Defect Notice is removed. No appointment is necessary.
3. Certificate of Roadworthiness must be obtained - You must present a Certificate of Roadworthiness obtained in respect of the vehicle, dated after the date of issue of the Defect Notice, at a VicRoads office. You must not remove the defect label. If the label is present, the vehicle must be presented at a VicRoads Customer Service Centre for removal. If the label is not present, ie where the windscreen was replaced or where a label was not attached, the vehicle does not have to be presented.

Source Vicroads Website

frost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 10:01 AM   #2
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

I wouldn't count on that to save you.. It's a potential loop hole that you could use to try and get out of it, but having worked at VicRoads I can tell you that defects are lodged on the system and detail what they were for and whether they were minor or major...

...further to that, VicRoads don't care whether or not you quote something off their website - if the person working behind the counter has rules set out stating they have to look at your car, they aren't going to let you argue it.
Old 24-10-2006, 10:19 AM   #3
frost
Banned

Yeah dosnt bother me, i havnt got a defect, just interesting reading that all
frost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 10:21 AM   #4
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My interpretation:
It says "ONEof three types of requirement will be stated on the notice". I'm not familair with VicRoads but, to me, that doesn't imply you have a choice. It implies only one of the options is given to you -possibly depending on what the defect is.
with both parts 1 and 3 you don't need to present the car.
Part 3 you might still need to attend VicRoads to present the RWC
Part 1 doesn't specify that the car needs to be presented at VicRoads - only that you need to sign section 8 and forward the blue part of the Defect Notice
Only part 2 seems to require that the car is presented.

I can't see how you think that replacing the windscreen will clear the defect. If my interpretation, based on no experience with VicRoads, is correct you might not even be allowed option 3. Even if you remove the windscreeen I'd think they would have the defect listed on their computer and would compare the defect against the RWC. Replacing the windscreen only removes the notice and not the defect (it doesnt' "clear" it) so I'd think they would do whatever they need to to ensure the defect has been fixed.
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 10:54 AM   #5
EA2BA
PM me if you want

The only way i see a canary being allowed to removed under option 3 is if it was actaully for the windscreen being cracked and obstructing the drivers view.

Otherwise every one would "claim" they got a new windscreen to clear a canary and leave the twin turbos in place and do nothing else.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 01:36 PM   #6
alesia
Banned

a friend of mine got a defect for a cracked windscreen , so they put the actual defect notice (Yellow sticky crap :P ) on his passenger side window
alesia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 02:21 PM   #7
NZ
~~~

And your boyfriend peeled it off.

"the man that crashs AFF"
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 02:54 PM   #8
EDXR6T

Mine fell off 2 day's after i got it

Cheap adhesive:P
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post