Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 23-10-2006, 11:01 PM   #1
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 
Default how to tell a genuine EB XR6

i was out in town driving around tonight and i met 4 e-series boys, 2 cars - 4 people. there not on here but i told them about the club and the forums.

anyway we got talking and they seemed to regonize my car. then there trying to tell me that they knew the guy who previously owned my car and tryed to tell me they did a manual conversation in it and put the tickford motor in.

so what im asking is there any way to tell if my car is genuine or a mock up. do genuine eb xr6's have anything to notice on the ID plate in the engine bay?

i beleive these guys are trying to pull my leg because if its a mock up then they've done:
tickford engine
tickford suspension
xr6 door trims and seats
sports cluster
rear xr6 boot garnish with xr6 sticker and falcon s badge
side red 4.0 badge
xr6/s wheels
lsd
the car is also marine blue, i think this colour only came out on 's' and xr didnt it?

etc etc...

when i got the car it looked exactly the same as the photo of the EB XR6 on the fpv website.

so are these guys pulling my leg or not? i beleive they are..

cheers
braden

Old 23-10-2006, 11:12 PM   #2
INJECTED_250
Custom user title

3.45 lsd diff.....
Upper trailin arm mounts are differnt (not 100%sure on this)
Ecu has being eb it may be 92"DT"12A650 or similar part number DT instead of DA
INJECTED_250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 11:18 PM   #3
EF302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

best way is check the vin no. through the computer at ford.
another thing is colour code mirrors.
EF302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 11:19 PM   #4
John_LS1

the tag in the engine bay should have ENGINE X stamped on it.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 11:22 PM   #5
LUXO_8
windsor user

marine blue was just an option i believe.... an LTD i got some parts from was marine blue
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 11:24 PM   #6
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

its got colour coded mirrors, paint is P2, Engine is X, Trim is G2. cant find this 'DT' thingy.
Old 23-10-2006, 11:53 PM   #7
INJECTED_250
Custom user title

DT will be in the part number on the computer....
INJECTED_250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 11:58 PM   #8
John_LS1

it will be an XR then. the only eb/ed to have engine X is the XR6...sportsmans had Y
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 02:34 AM   #9
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

there pulling your leg, to make it a full mock they would have to have some money as there is so much difference and to make it mock its worth more then the car.
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 08:34 AM   #10
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Also factory momo s/wheel, and dual exhaust (went from single to dual to single), chances are it has been replaced, but the exhaust hanger should still be on the passenger side.
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 08:52 AM   #11
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

its a 6 mate. its got momo steering wheel, these guys are just d!ks! thanks everyone. just wanted to make sure it was genuine which i now know it is! well i already did but this just backs me up!!!
Old 25-10-2006, 08:09 AM   #12
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, the XR6 had the dual exhaust went from single to dual to single, so it should have the exhaust hanger on the passenger side.

Don't know about the XR8.
Old 25-10-2006, 08:33 AM   #13
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

rag top: not really sure what you mean, whats the exhaust hanger on the passenger side? are you talking about in the engine bay or under the car more?
its got a new exhaust.. 2.5" redback with hotdog, so it comes from the motor out of the standard manifold outlet and goes into the standard cat, then its 2.5" catback into a muffler before the diff and then the hotdog before the tip.
Old 26-10-2006, 08:37 AM   #14
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The exhaust ran down both sides of the car when they came from the factory. Started as a single system, then went to a twin system (I think it was just after the cat), before rejoining as a single system (shortly before the tip). Most people replaced it with a single sports system, as it is cheaper! There should be an exhaust hanger on the LH side under the car. Muffler was on each side of the car, and an exhaust hanger was required on the passenger side to support the muffler and exhaust.
Old 26-10-2006, 11:00 AM   #15
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

ah ok, i'll check it out later! should get it re done that way with 2.5"! would i get any better performance if i did that?