Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 31-10-2006, 07:29 PM   #1
Jorgo85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default V8 Conversion

Just toying with the idea of taking the running gear out of my old XR8 and bunging it into a wagon. Wondering what sort of crap I'll have to go through to get it registered as a V8. I know I'll have to swap the K frame, suspension and maybe the steering rack. Is there any thing else I'll need to use from the donor car? I'm thinking licensing will be straight forward as both cars will be the same model. I'm in WA by the way

Jorgo85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2006, 07:32 PM   #2
LUXO_8
windsor user

should be pretty straight forward.....transfer everything over and it should be a fairly easy swap, especially if you're using the same year model wagon as your donor XR8

as for legalities, its a little bit of a grey area....some say you'll need an engineers certificate as the car was originally a 6, others say you wont as they had a V8 optional in the range...

either way if it needs a certificate.....do everything properly and it will walk through it easily

your best best in this case would be to get in touch with a consulting engineer and put your plans to them...... they would know the regulations etc

Last edited by LUXO_8; 31-10-2006 at 07:45 PM.
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2006, 07:35 PM   #3
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

I'm not sure about the registration part, but MightyXR6Turbo has undertaken this conversion in his ED wagon. PM him about it ;)
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post