Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 08-11-2006, 05:15 PM   #91
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by -jjM-
when i had my 1636 in mine, i noticed take off was a little better, after that nothing, after i sold it, i chuked in my old xr cam, and difference between the 2 was minor, if anything i would say they were the same, just the wade had a little better take off
really...damn. I take it you mentioned the XR cam because mine already has the EL XR one.

I want something that gives me a bit more poke, but is good enough so I can drive it sensibley without it being lumpy or chewing through the petrol.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 05:20 PM   #92
-jjM-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
really...damn. I take it you mentioned the XR cam because mine already has the EL XR one.

I want something that gives me a bit more poke, but is good enough so I can drive it sensibley without it being lumpy or chewing through the petrol.
i now have a DEV3hl in my car, defornetly noticed a difference as well, fuel consumption....whats that? lol
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 05:23 PM   #93
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Thing is as much as I want my car to hammer, in reality Ill need to spend crap loads to do it. Its just a daily, but I want enough peep so I can keep some newer cars honest.

Any suggestions? The only reason I have decided on wade was because of price. A Dev cam is about $500 isn't it?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 05:29 PM   #94
efgiar
rofl copter

Quote:
when i had my 1636 in mine, i noticed take off was a little better, after that nothing, after i sold it, i chuked in my old xr cam, and difference between the 2 was minor, if anything i would say they were the same, just the wade had a little better take off
yeah ive noticed too, only shaved .1 of a second off my 1/4

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 10:10 PM   #95
gngtho
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal

Im having the same problems can't seem to find something that makes a change but is ok with fuel, i know its not going to be better in f/consumption than the standard stuff but i need some kind of power up.
gngtho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 10:46 PM   #96
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

am i the only one finding this cam to do wonders?
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 10:58 PM   #97
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

how did ya go cranners?
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 11:10 PM   #98
lukey039
Just a spectator

From my experience with cams(what a test),Small cams respond well the retarded cam timing to give you more top end.Usually 2 degrees.On the other side big cam, advance it giving you more bottom end.I have tried both approaches to dailing in cams on dyno and dial gauge.Both work well.If the cam grinder nows his/her stuff then the specs they give you were to set it up should be/are most of the time spot on.Cam timing also radicaly changes your idle thanks to manifold vaccum.But I have also been told that most cams will work ok at zero but remember that shaving your head drops your cam thus putting your cam timing out.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:35 PM   #99
crannersEL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58
how did ya go cranners?
Nah getting the car back tomorrow, so ill fill you in then! :
crannersEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 06:09 PM   #100
Christiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crannersEL
Nah getting the car back tomorrow, so ill fill you in then! :
so..... ?
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Old 09-11-2006, 06:11 PM   #101
crannersEL
Banned

Quote:
so..... ?
Not much yet, ive been advised to give the car a day or so for it to all ware in so i guess the cruise on the weekend will be the real test!
Old 09-11-2006, 06:13 PM   #102
-jjM-
Banned

they say you have to drive around for 2 hours staying under 2000 revs to ware it in, thats what wade and other people told me
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 06:15 PM   #103
crannersEL
Banned

Quote:
they say you have to drive around for 2 hours staying under 2000 revs to ware it in, thats what wade and other people told me
I never take the car over 200 revs anyway so i should be safe :hihi:
Old 09-11-2006, 07:46 PM   #104
XR_Lightning
Riding The Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by crannersEL
Not much yet, ive been advised to give the car a day or so for it to all ware in so i guess the cruise on the weekend will be the real test!
take it easy for a couple of days, no thrashing, not for the cam but for the headgasket itself, if you come straight out of the gates with a fresh head gasket it is possible is may leak again sooner than it should beacause it hasnt sealed properly
Old 09-11-2006, 08:16 PM   #105
Christiaan

what a load of BULLSHIT about the cam. Whack it in and drive. If something happens, it wasn't put in right.

On the other hand, if you had the headgasket done at the same time, give the car a few cold to hot drives, and alternate the revsas much as possible so that the new head wears in properly.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:36 PM   #106
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

Quote:
what a load of BULLSHIT about the cam. Whack it in and drive. If something happens, it wasn't put in right.

On the other hand, if you had the headgasket done at the same time, give the car a few cold to hot drives, and alternate the revsas much as possible so that the new head wears in properly.
Ahhh mate it seams you have things backward. camshafts DO have to have a break in period after being ground. Heads DO NOT. ( on el im talking about)
blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 09:39 PM   #107
XR_Lightning
Riding The Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownba
Ahhh mate it seams you have things backward. camshafts DO have to have a break in period after being ground. Heads DO NOT. ( on el im talking about)
headgaskets do have a 'break in' time I can assure you for that, not sure about cams though
Old 10-11-2006, 05:02 PM   #108
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

they recommend bout 2 hours, but u can just go flat stick at 2 hours and 1 minuter though, gently ease the car to rev higher as u keep driving

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post