Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 09-11-2006, 11:04 PM   #1
Skooter

Default Lowered Wagon?

Hi guys as you all know christmas is coming soon and im thinking a super low wagon EBII, paid for by my parents(i love still being young), so what prices am i looking at direct from king springs,beause apparentley they are alot cheaper than from pedders or some where similar. I assume i will need a camber kit, can i fit myself then take it to get aligned at a tyre shop?

And to keep costs down can i get away with keeping the stock shocks for a while or maybe just front ones? What are some good quality/priced ones?

Thanks
Mike

Skooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 02:55 PM   #2
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Matey a word of warning ....... I wouldnt lower a wagon too much unless you travel on perfectly flat roads with no dips or bumps to navigate ......

My old wagon was slightly lowered & she was a bugger of a thing to get into anywhere ......... I know of someone who dropped their wagon on its guts & really couldnt take it anywhere .......... they reverted back to a more usable height ....

Im not sure exactly what shops you have over there but I used Repco to get my KingSprings for the Sprint as they were the most reasonably priced ones around. Will have to find the receipt to let you know how much they were ........
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:16 PM   #3
Tiga_EL
Banned

Yeah mate definately need a camber kit, otherwise youll be going front through tyres every second month. Superlows can be had from bursons, and repco etc. around the 200 a pair now i think not too sure.

Youll be fine on stock shocks, but if ur parents are paying then replace em anyways lol. I got standard shocks in mine with superlows and i have no problems at all.
Tiga_EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:31 PM   #4
RUQ1KA
Formerly mad_ed_wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature
Matey a word of warning ....... I wouldnt lower a wagon too much unless you travel on perfectly flat roads with no dips or bumps to navigate ......

My old wagon was slightly lowered & she was a bugger of a thing to get into anywhere ......... I know of someone who dropped their wagon on its guts & really couldnt take it anywhere .......... they reverted back to a more usable height ....

Im not sure exactly what shops you have over there but I used Repco to get my KingSprings for the Sprint as they were the most reasonably priced ones around. Will have to find the receipt to let you know how much they were ........
Do you recon i would be fine with city/suburban driving?
I was/still am going dump my wagon aswell because it handles like a boat around corners

only problem i can see with it is getting up my driveway, but my AU was on lows and it managed to get up with a centimeter or two to spare so the wagon should be fine?

Build thread coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerCordia
I had two cordias but recently i sold one of them so that leaves me with one cordia which i have now but i wouldve had two if i havent sold the other one.
RUQ1KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:57 PM   #5
Skooter

well i was scanning through ebay and found this...
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-FALCON-E...QQcmdZViewItem
Why is this only $59 bucks when others are $150-200?
Old 12-11-2006, 12:22 AM   #6
mr_efxr
Not your average EF Wagon

I lowered mine using KingSprings equipment for the front and back. The front was lowered 30mm and the back 2inches. This way it sits level and can be taken most places. The handling has been improved heaps however the ride is a bit firmer I must say.

The recently SOLD 95 EF Wagon 5spd NA SLEEPER

The Daily cruisers now *95 R33 Skyline GTS-T RB25DET *93 Lexus GS300 2JZ-GTE

Car enthusiasts visit Unique Cars and Parts
mr_efxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:31 AM   #7
itzdamafia

Did you use a camber kit or did you just stick the springs on?

Nice wagon just had a look at the pics. The rear end still sits high after a 50mm drop. Must of been a monster truck to begin with!!

By the way, where did you get that stainless intake? How much?
Old 12-11-2006, 12:38 AM   #8
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

You won't know if you need a camber kit until you get an alignment done, and even then, you'll only need it if there is no camber adjustment left in the factory bolts.

As for lowering a wagon, I had mine at SL height all round (used Pedders stage 1 leaf springs at the back) and it was fine. Scraped on a few driveways, car park ramps etc, but handled a lot better on th smoother stuff, plus cornered well. I got rid of the SL height and moved back to Low height, (via standard springs and 38mm lowering block at the back) so it's now bascially XR height all round and doesn't scrape, but still handles better than the boat it was at standard height.

If you go for SLs, you may get away with standard shocks. If you go with Lows, you definitely don't need to replace shocks unless the shocks you have in the car are worn out.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:03 PM   #9
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_efxr
I lowered mine using KingSprings equipment for the front and back. The front was lowered 30mm and the back 2inches. This way it sits level and can be taken most places. The handling has been improved heaps however the ride is a bit firmer I must say.
so theres only 20mm difference between front and rear stock ride height?
i look @ my car and find this hard to believe....

MR EFXR, wot is ur ride hieght now? lowest point of the car? and wot level of Kings do u have? lows?

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
CaRtZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:51 PM   #10
Skooter

After seeing some pictures of super low wagons the back still sits high! should i go ultras at the back or still go supers and if its still to high maybe some blocks?
Old 12-11-2006, 09:09 PM   #11
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

i hear blocks arent worth the hassle. kill the ride quality....

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
CaRtZ is offline   Reply With Quote