Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 12-11-2006, 11:59 PM   #1
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

Default EF twin thermo lume compleat

hey guys just ran accross this today may be old but hear goes

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/EA-EB-ED-Twin...QQcmdZViewItem

is it worth the money as i think that it would be easyer insted of running around for the parts. whats your opinions for it

125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 12:03 AM   #2
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Seems expensive for a few relays and cable.. I know the cost price of copper has gone up but that is rediculous.. $30 worth of relays and cable.. where does the extra dollars come from??

Cheers,
Nik
ROOSTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 12:23 AM   #3
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

i wastold that the thermo switch was worth a bit bit more the $30 worth of stuff there
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
Old 13-11-2006, 12:26 AM   #4
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Thermo swith also known as thermostats can be had in different temp ratings for $3 each from jaycar.. I have had heaps of people use them for thermo-fan applications..

Cheers,
Nik
Old 13-11-2006, 12:32 AM   #5
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

im looking at doing the convertion just thaught it sounded easy but was it worth the money,
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
Old 13-11-2006, 12:45 AM   #6
NC_GHIA
FirstOnRaceDay

let me know how it goes (the conversion)looking at doing it my self...

NC Fairlane GHIA
Series II
I6.
Mods. 2.5" cat back
Clarion HU
Soundstream speakers amp and subs
Lowered
DL LTD rims
: thats it!
For the moment... :
NC_GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 12:55 AM   #7
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

if any one has done it can they give me a list of the parts i need a diogram and aprox cost as i need somthing to do over my christmas break
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
Old 13-11-2006, 12:24 PM   #8
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

I just emailed the seller, and this wiring does dual stage fan control, meaning it will turn the fans on at low speed as it starts to warm up, and then full speed when it gets to a certain hotter temperature.

Also, the sensor screws directly into the climate control sensor in the thermostat housing. Apparently the sensor for the climate in the thermostat housing is only to "change the air con from fresh to recirc when the car is very hot."

The seller assures me that removing the sensor will not affect the climate control at all.

I would simply buy this loom, because:

a) it's ALOT cheaper than the BPT (site sponsor) equivalent wiring
b) it does dual stage fan control
c) the sensor screws into the thermostat housing, meaning no more leaking top radiator hose.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 02:29 PM   #9
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Dual stage fan control is easy.. use 2 $3 thermostats one at a lower temp and one at a higher temp..

If you want the screw in sensor go to wreckers.. last one a mate picked up was $10..

I still cant find $120 worth of bits in this sale..

Cheers,
Nik
Old 13-11-2006, 02:52 PM   #10
Christiaan

Nik, what you have said so far is pretty silly.

This loom is a very good price compared to some other looms. Some members on here can't even replace their side indicators without trouble, so how are they going to collect the parts for, and construct thermofan wiring of a high quality, so that it works properly, and for a long time?

And, it's not fans on at one temp, and then on at another, it's dual speed. Low speed as the car starts to heat up (and when a/c is on) and high speed when the temp creeps upwards.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Old 13-11-2006, 03:00 PM   #11
Christiaan

Oh, and by the way, I made my own thermofan wiring, and the davies craig switch alone cost $50. This loom is awesomely priced, and I for one will be getting one.
Old 13-11-2006, 09:58 PM   #12
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Pretty silly hey.. well gees i can't help that there is some people out there that need help doing up there shoelaces..

I am not one of those people so if i don't think its good value or whatever then why can't i express other options..

Oh yer if its dual speed it will cost an extra $20 for the component required to have adjustable low speed and full on high speed..

So yer i still am missing where the other $70 comes from...

Cheers,
Nik
Old 13-11-2006, 11:08 PM   #13
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

sounds like a good price to me, as the lazy factor plays a big part for me so i think i will be getting one and it will look neat and work as i have a tendency of not getting things to work propely, takes me 5 attempts at the job before getting it perfect,
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
Old 14-11-2006, 12:17 AM   #14
Christiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROOSTA
Pretty silly hey.. well gees i can't help that there is some people out there that need help doing up there shoelaces..

I am not one of those people so if i don't think its good value or whatever then why can't i express other options..

Oh yer if its dual speed it will cost an extra $20 for the component required to have adjustable low speed and full on high speed..

So yer i still am missing where the other $70 comes from...

Cheers,
Nik
ROOSTA, Add up;

- Cost of components
- Cost of aquiring the components
- Time taken to actually work out how to wire them up
- Having a tested loom which is guarenteed to work
- Cost of home made wiring failing, and overheating your engine.

It's a no brainer. I know $310 is alot of money for the BPT one, but this loom is DEFINITELY worth it if you want a proven, quick, and cheap method of wiring for your thermofans.
Old 14-11-2006, 12:33 AM   #15
EFFalcon
Last warning

the fact is, theres not $1000 worth of COMPONENTS in a laptop.... or a decent TV... but we pay that...

theres not $200 worth of metal in a cam shaft

you're paying for someones enginuity and time, if you can DIY then by all means.
but if you're after a quick solution to get thermos in your car then buy the above loom.
IMO: its a pretty fair price for something that just plugs striaght in and works.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 12:41 AM   #16
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

Hey I got sent a specials sheet from jeferson ford today for brand new ef el and au fan asseblies. The AU one is $ 155 + gst. (trade price) Is that good???? and I think the ef ones are cheaper. If anyone is interested you can by the from them and i'll make them give ya trade.
blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 01:09 AM   #17
Christiaan

AU ones fit, but upside down.

The EF fans I have went straight onto my ED radiator. Rmyers is using AU fans.

Ebay has EF/EL thermofan assemblies for about $150 - 180.