Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 02-12-2006, 11:19 AM   #1
SwarvJarv
Ea Falcon S

Default no-one to blame but myself....

Dont you hate it when ya gettin on top of things with the car, and the then somethin happens, not only that but something stupid and with no one to blame but yourself......

i had a big one last night, and woke up this morning to go crissy shoppin......

when i 'tried' to reverse the Falc out the gate, i hadnt even shut my door.....

i just went back inside, the door didnt line up with the stricker and theres a hell of a dent in the door, and the interior door trim is ripped..thats all i seen ATM...havnt even look at the hinges or the welds........

arr but all well shit happens.....
Jarv(kicking myself)

5 speed Manual
Motivator Headers with 2.1/2" RedBack system
XR x GT Hybrid Body
15" 'Snowflakes'
90' GL Interior
Custom Black Vinyl Roof
Custom Console Lid
9" LCD + PS2
Boss CD/MP3 head unit 50x4w
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmyers
I was considering chucking on a full Kappa tracksuit but reconsidered :P
SwarvJarv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 11:27 AM   #2
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

ooohhh i sence a flaming coming on for you!!! i dont understand 2 things:

1. why would you even consider driving after a big night when your proberly still over the limit?

2. although its kinda funny on the other side of this but its pretty funny forgetting to shut the door! hehe!! but yeh how do you forget to shut the door!!!

ah bad luck eh mate!! your lucky tho that you didnt rip of the prado front bumper!!
Old 02-12-2006, 11:32 AM   #3
NZ
~~~

I'd be suprised if the boidy where the hinges are attatched isnt bent. That peice flexes enough when you push the door a bit further than irts supposed to go let alone a 1600kg car with a bit of momentum behind it.

I've done stupid shit like that. I took a headunuit out of my car, sat it on the driveway. came back backed car out, felt bump, so i drove forward again, bump still there. poor headunit.

"the man that crashs AFF"
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 11:43 AM   #4
Dezza
Parts bin special

I nearly did that once. I went to reverse but someone had left my front passenger side door open. I nearly took it out on a pole. Realised just in time. The door ajar warning on the dash did nothing to help me there

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 12:24 PM   #5
SwarvJarv
Ea Falcon S

yea its not to bad, i had shut the door, but not latched it and it swung open again...
id prob be over the limit (p's at 22yo WTF), but im not hung over, just a big poker/drinkin night.....

seems the door is bent, the hinges and chassi look good.....the door is bend just out of line...it still locks and engages the stricker with a bit of force, just it has a dirty big bend in it....the front 1/4 panel came out of it ok......

i got some spare blue EA doors but im scouting a white door today....an ill probably get el/ef door skins to put back inside...

tch..tch..tch....ohh well...
Jarv
P.s hey jimi can you get a white door.....wernt you wreckin a white XR???
5 speed Manual
XR x GT Hybrid Body
15" 'Snowflakes'
90' GL Interior
Custom Black Vinyl Roof
Custom Console Lid
9" LCD + PS2
Quote:
Old 02-12-2006, 12:27 PM   #6
SwarvJarv
Ea Falcon S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea_silver_ghia
I nearly did that once. I went to reverse but someone had left my front passenger side door open. I nearly took it out on a pole. Realised just in time. The door ajar warning on the dash did nothing to help me there
yea my mate done it in his maggot once....cept he reversed into the passanger who was getting out of the rear passanger door, an it bent on the front door......:
5 speed Manual
XR x GT Hybrid Body
15" 'Snowflakes'
90' GL Interior
Custom Black Vinyl Roof
Custom Console Lid
9" LCD + PS2
Quote:
Old 02-12-2006, 12:36 PM   #7
feebs
BrwnBstd

When my former boss was young, one of his kids got in his car (valiant) and let the handbrake off.

The car rolled backwards with teh door open, valiants being as strong as they are, the door took out the metal support pole for the garage on his house!!

I know it sucks today, but a car is always fixable, and a person getting hurt is always worse, deep breath and go out and have a look at fixing it.
feebs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 02:27 PM   #8
frost
Banned

Nothing worse than your dad reversing the car down the drive way and having the door open with a big pile of stones.

He soon leveled his pile of stones and wrapped my door onto the guard
frost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post