Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 30-11-2006, 10:35 PM   #31
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

pfft noisy diffs, shit trans', and crap motors are what owning an EA is all about. harden the fu** up, pull out some cable ties and fix the fu**er.
Old 30-11-2006, 10:39 PM   #32
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
pfft noisy diffs, shit trans', and crap motors are what owning an EA is all about. harden the fu** up, pull out some cable ties and fix the fu**er.
that reminds me, i actually need some cable ties! mine's virtually an EA anyway.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2006, 10:47 PM   #33
Browney

Sad to hear mate, but best of luck with whatever decision you end up making mate.
Old 30-11-2006, 11:00 PM   #34
NZ
~~~

I say stick with the devil you know. I'm guessing this car is going to be around the 4-5k mark from the dealer? I don't know what the finance details are but if your broke then you'd be looking at minimum repayments over a long loan period and paying back far more than you orginally loaned?

Why dont you keep driving the car, disipline yourself and set a goal. Price up an engine and 5 speed and diff , add a bit more for the extra stuff you'll need, use the money you would have been paying on the loan. Theres no point getting all screwd up if you have no money, you must have a job or they wouldnt consider you for a loan, and a new car is going to cost the same to run as your old one.

When you know how much you need work start saving and watch it grow every week. Even put the cash in a shoebox somewhere at home so you can watch it physically grow lol. I'm saying all this because i fear you'll be worse off with a loan and its going to be the ame age car with the same problems.

"the man that crashs AFF"
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2006, 11:03 PM   #35
Damo
Banned

Quote:
not a truer word could be spoken frog : I have an EF and have pretty much experienced all the problems you have scott, except i didn't half **** spray paint my car orange. :P Just drive it into the ground.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 09:27 AM   #36
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

financed BA XT FTW, can pick em up cheap as 13k now

keep the EA in the garage
Old 01-12-2006, 09:28 AM   #37
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why have the EA taking up precious space. Burn it FTW
Old 01-12-2006, 11:06 AM   #38
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Why have the EA taking up precious space. Burn it FTW
BWHAHAHA

Yeah no point hanging onto it.

If you really love it, but a mpfi T5 wreck and take the goodies and transplant.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 11:26 AM   #39
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIRMONT4.0
financed BA XT FTW, can pick em up cheap as 13k now
Still have to pay for servicing and insurance on top of the repayments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 12:34 PM   #40
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
don't go with a finance company they will rape you. Get a personal loan.
homad is right Scotty, an ex-mate of mine went thru a finance company for a then-7yo Hyundai Excel which he stupidly purchased for $12k in a caryard in 2003. The then-new Hyundai Getz was $13k drive away! Anyway, the intrest was 30% p/a and the payoff scheme was over 5 years.

That turned a $12k Hyundai into $21,458 Hyundai (his initial purchase deposit was $5k, meaning $7k left over plus the 30% p/a). It ended up getting repoed. :

Karma rocks.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 01:47 PM   #41
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Get yourself a cheap but reliable daily, pull the EA off the road and turn it into a project

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 01:53 PM   #42
Sundeep
Banned

I'm with everyone else I gotta be honest the EA looks shagged. Needs to at least be rubbed back and clear coated, and the springs need to see to some serious grindage... and you're gunna need some 20" bling blings to get it looking anywhere near what I would call respectable.

Quote:
pfft noisy diffs, #### trans', and crap motors are what owning an EA is all about. harden the fu** up, pull out some cable ties and fix the fu**er.
L.
O.
L.

Also finance company's and loans are for homos! Save the cash and spend what you have. Save the financing for buying a house or business or something that will actually be worth it *puts on flame suit*

I agree with Ash as well.. EL Ghia's are the best Especially cheap as ones that are fking mint but the engine pings but it's still good still good.

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 01:54 PM   #43
EA2BA
PM me if you want

I would be willing to bet you told me to keep my car and rebuild it when the engine died and I was close to giving up. SO SAME TO YOU , fix it, keep it, finish it.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 02:02 PM   #44
EFFalcon
Last warning

lets keep this on topic and not resort to abusing his car.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 02:04 PM   #45
Sundeep
Banned

I'll just add that the EB won't be worth it either it'll be in the same condition as the EA in a couple of years no matter how good car you take of it. If you're going to get finance (although I'm against it for a car unless it's for like business purposes) just get something newer like a EF or EL or even a AU. All are dirt cheap now and will give at least another 5 years of trouble free running.

Sundeep
Old 01-12-2006, 02:06 PM   #46
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

yeah EB's suck...
Old 01-12-2006, 06:13 PM   #47
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

scotts ea might just be staying in the e-series fold

enough said

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 07:30 PM   #48
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im saying that if all goes well for scott the ea WILL stay in the e-series fold

it will get finnished to what scott would have liked to see it

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-12-2006, 07:39 PM   #49
Damo
Banned

cool thanks for the update.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 08:41 PM   #50
FairmontEL
Driftin shopping trolleys

meh all eseries break down u want a reliable car get something else ive got an el ghia in 8 months im on my 3rd diff done a head gasket, and the auto is no good.. i drive it accordingly so maybe thats why stuff breaks but ull have the same problems i look at other peoples cars ed's and so on and they have the same problems then mine even tho mine is newer.. so i doubt u will escape ur problems buying a 2 years newer eb thats my opinion anyway.

04 BA XR6T ute
FairmontEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 09:19 PM   #51
Sundeep
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontEL
meh all eseries break down u want a reliable car get something else ive got an el ghia in 8 months im on my 3rd diff done a head gasket, and the auto is no good.. i drive it accordingly so maybe thats why stuff breaks but ull have the same problems i look at other peoples cars ed's and so on and they have the same problems then mine even tho mine is newer.. so i doubt u will escape ur problems buying a 2 years newer eb thats my opinion anyway.
It's more probably how you treat it and drive it! My old lady's old EL Ghia never let us down besides the standard stuff. The coil and water pump died at around 130km but other than that, we owned it for 30,000km and it never missed a beat. I never caned it, I ripped a **** of a standstill at a cruise once but I didn't even get the rev's up.

The motor wasn't really willing to rev out was one of the problems, was still tight. When I sold it the guy wanted to do a compression test, each cylinder churned out 150 pounds! That's like brand new! So there's your tightness.

Don't cane it = Don't stuff it!

Sundeep
Old 01-12-2006, 09:31 PM   #52
frost
Banned

Tell you what GTHOFAN best thing I ever did was sell my EA!
frost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 09:35 PM   #53
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dose
It's more probably how you treat it and drive it! My old lady's old EL Ghia never let us down besides the standard stuff. The coil and water pump died at around 130km but other than that, we owned it for 30,000km and it never missed a beat. I never caned it, I ripped a **** of a standstill at a cruise once but I didn't even get the rev's up.

The motor wasn't really willing to rev out was one of the problems, was still tight. When I sold it the guy wanted to do a compression test, each cylinder churned out 150 pounds! That's like brand new! So there's your tightness.

Sundeep
lol you're a classic

my el ghia I6 was a bit of a pile of nuts, but it felt like it was flogged in a former life. It went through coil, leads, radiator, few electrical items, front discs etc... and i only owned it for 3 months. Come to think of it i only owned the EL V8 for 3 months too. Few other things still needed to be changed too, solenoid, shocks, pretty much all bushes. Ah well. but yeah treat the car within its limits. i like to give a car a squirt, but only when it tells me i can (ps i'm insane and hear car voices)
Old 01-12-2006, 11:41 PM   #54
FairmontEL
Driftin shopping trolleys

Quote:

Sundeep
My el pulled 175 in all cylinders can ask john i think a few were 170... where is the fun in not caning it hehehe i really dont thrash my car that much but anyway

04 BA XR6T ute
FairmontEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 12:02 PM   #55
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:

Sundeep
I drive mine pretty easy most of the time, but I've also done more than 50 passes at Heathcote. Apart from replacing the Balancer, Water pump and brake switch everything else has been fine. Oh and I've replaced about 734 globes since I've had the car, but that doesn't worry me. I've owned mine since 112,000 and it's just done 154,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 12:56 PM   #56
FordGirl
The Goodz' PR Manager

any word on whether the finance was approved or not?
Old 02-12-2006, 02:01 PM   #57
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGirl
any word on whether the finance was approved or not?
not yet he finds out on monday

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-12-2006, 02:02 PM   #58
FordGirl
The Goodz' PR Manager

Aaah, good luck Scotty!!!
Old 07-12-2006, 01:38 AM   #59
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

not sure what's happening with your finance mate but i just noticed this thread you may be interested in.. it's a lot cheaper than the prices you were quoting earlier..

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=76953
Old 07-12-2006, 07:28 AM   #60
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrackers
not sure what's happening with your finance mate but i just noticed this thread you may be interested in.. it's a lot cheaper than the prices you were quoting earlier..

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=76953
Like I sadi scotty, well worth your while to replace your veh with a club vehicle and not get ripped at a yard!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post