Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 20-12-2006, 05:12 PM   #1
leathal_weapon8
TUF-ENUF

Lightbulb Need some Advice

Hi All i am pretty new in modifying falcons, I own a 1998 EL Futura with 131k on the clock so far my major mod was putting a Mp3 deck and a set of 15 inch turbo blade wheels on it, is there any reconmendations with how i should increase my power and what is suitable lowering with my 15's on it, i would really like the help coz i will be doing it peice by peice but i want my car to further kill bommadores like it has been doing lately, i think to other mods is that it was an ex SA govt country car and it had a trans cooler and a few other engine mods but i deffo want more power but make it sweet so when i roll up 2 cruises its one of the cars hehe look forward for replies :

Old 20-12-2006, 05:20 PM   #2
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Well for starters what are the "few other engine mods" that you have? Going by your statement that being an ex govt car and having a trans cooler are actually mods, I'm unsure how to gauge the amount of work that's been done to the engine.

But having said that your questions raise more questions rather than answers: what kind of power gains are you looking at (what is your "goal" so to speak)? What driveline do you intend to run? How to you intend to drive your car? (mostly street, mostly freeway, "mostly" 1/4 mile, etc). Are there other mods (non-power-related) that you're interested in?

Cheers

-Dave-
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2006, 10:38 AM   #3
leathal_weapon8
TUF-ENUF

Hey, I mainly want power for freeway cruising and if i need it wen say a bommadore opens a challenge on me, yeah my other mods include my 15 inch turbo blade wheels, improvement on the brakes (DBA ABS slotted and drilled rotors) and perfomance pads also DBA, as well as heavy duty front struts and rear shocks, lowered with King Springs (Superlows), also my windows will be tinted darkest SA legal tint......
Old 31-12-2006, 10:42 AM   #4
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Because street racing is cool?

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2006, 12:18 PM   #5
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_661
About as cool as turbo blades on an EL

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2006, 12:39 PM   #6
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_661
the line at the bottom of your sig pretty much says the same thing, and he never actually said street racing did he! :
Old 31-12-2006, 02:31 PM   #7
leathal_weapon8
TUF-ENUF

not proper street racing jus good ol line a commonwhore at the lights type of street race lol and thanks the turbo blades look sweet i think it will stand out when i chrome them and lower the EL hehe
Old 31-12-2006, 04:59 PM   #8
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

lower it? its already super low isnt it? the traffic light gp is always fun... i just lock the auto into first then back to drive when i hit 4500rpm... holds its own but i havent won many coz i back off once i change into drive

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
CaRtZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 05:41 AM   #9
leathal_weapon8
TUF-ENUF

nah it isn't super low, I am considering making it superlow but dunno, yeh good old 1st my trick is flick into power frm economy n blast the stooges that own commodores hehe
Old 04-01-2007, 09:09 AM   #10
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathal_weapon8
nah it isn't super low, I am considering making it superlow but dunno, yeh good old 1st my trick is flick into power frm economy n blast the stooges that own commodores hehe
Yep, the stooges with the shorter 1st gear and lighter car will get owned by a fat auto falcon upon launch every time...

Anyway, it sounds like you want the best of both worlds regarding launch and cruisability. Sticking with the auto I'd look into 3.7-3.9 diff gears. If you're intending on a manual conversion I'd look into 3.45-3.7 gears. This way your launch is improved and your rpms at highway speeds are still reasonable.

Don't forget about typical performance mods like a full exhaust, cam, etc.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post