Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-01-2007, 09:29 PM   #1
au_rocket
Starter Motor

Thumbs up I think i broke the AU wagon :(

Hey guys,

I have recently been having a few issues the AU wagon. It seems it will not let me above 2500rpm before shifting me (even with foot flat on the floor). I also dont seem to have a 4th gear. I drive the wagon hard usually and usually push the wagon to the max of the line so this is frustrating. If i shift manually going from 1-2-3-D, it seems to be much better, however this could be causing more damage to the system. Im not sure if this is LHM or not.

Is it possible that there is an air flow issue ? or has anyone ever heard of such an issue, all help will be appreciated.

Cheers,
Aaron.

au_rocket is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2007, 09:46 PM   #2
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

could be a map sensor, or maybe tps? could also be a collapsed cat convertor, other people have experienced rpm issues like that when the cat has fallen apart
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2007, 10:38 PM   #3
au_rocket
Starter Motor

Sorry but im a bit new to all the terms, what exactly is the tps ? I have converted the car to LPG too and it will not start on LPG on hot days. I have basically takent the car back 10 times to the LPG shop and all they do is make the car work for another week and charge me $200 a pop so I would rather not go there anymore (even though the system is under full waranty). Im at the end really with the wagon, I love the AU's but this one just seems more trouble than its worth (even though it just clocked up 110,000kms).

Thanks, Aaron.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:33 PM   #4
AU_Wagin

sounds like it is Limp Home Mode - very very low fluid

Raymondo the magnifico

oh well
AU_Wagin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2007, 08:32 AM   #5
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by au_rocket
Sorry but im a bit new to all the terms, what exactly is the tps ? I have converted the car to LPG too and it will not start on LPG on hot days. I have basically takent the car back 10 times to the LPG shop and all they do is make the car work for another week and charge me $200 a pop so I would rather not go there anymore (even though the system is under full waranty). Im at the end really with the wagon, I love the AU's but this one just seems more trouble than its worth (even though it just clocked up 110,000kms).

Thanks, Aaron.
tps = throttle position sensor
take the wagon in for a quote on service for the auto, best to see a transmission shop for this as they will have the gear to check the auto out properly, could be something as simple as low oil, could be something more costly though. fingers crossed its only oil issue. transmission places recommend the auto gets serviced every 20,000ks. as for the lpg problem, what system was installed? and how long ago? i would also be checking ur warranty as if its a new system the fitter shouldnt be charging to fix any bugs that arise with in the first few thousand ks while the converter is settling in. hopefully, ur installer has fitted new plugs specific for LPG applications, or at least re gapped ur plugs to 1.3mm as that can cuase problems such as poor start. if u check out the LPG forum in this site, u can end up with a lot of usefull info on care and maintainance of ur system.
hope this has helped
col
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2007, 03:05 PM   #6
au_rocket
Starter Motor

Hi all, Thanks for the help. It turned out to be a faulty TPS which was causing all the fuss. The gas issue however was caused by a stepper motor and manual valve fitted inline to each other. The stepper motor was contradicting the valve and was playing hell with the system. Now we have removed the stepper motor and are just using the valve. Seems to run alot better now.

Thanks to all,
Aaron.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:26 PM   #7
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

good to hear you have it sorted. Doesn't it feel good when it's all fixed?

Yeah, a stepper motor and manual valve would not be good. The old school screw is great.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:18 PM   #8
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

What about trans in limp mode.

is the speedo working?
Old 08-01-2007, 07:21 PM   #9
au_rocket
Starter Motor

The tranny felt like it was in LHM as it was a combination of lack of fuel and a stuffed TPS messing with the system. I infact had a 4th gear, I just had to get the car to 130km/h to find it. The speedo works fine and always did, It was the TPS messing with things. Thankfully no need for a new transmission just yet

Thanks, Aaron.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:25 PM   #10
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

good to see it was a simple problem to fix anyway
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post