Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Would the "Pursuit" and "Super Pursuit" be better suited for sedans?
Super Pursuit for Sedans only 4 7.14%
Pursuit for Sedans only 4 7.14%
Both for Sedans 14 25.00%
None - It's fine the way it is 40 71.43%
I think FPV need totally new names for their lineup 8 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2007, 05:12 PM   #1
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Would the "Pursuit" and "Super Pursuit" be better suited for sedans?

As the title suggests, do you think the Model Pursuit and Super Pursuit should have been (or would be better suited) for the sedans and not the utes?

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 05:36 PM   #2
Cuey
Built Ford Tough

The names Pursuit and Super Pursuit are the way the are, because the names date back to the late mid 1960's with Ford Utes

From a very scetchy memory, i think the XM and XP and pursuit utes.

So i'm afraid FPV really had no choice in giving those names to the Utes, and i reckon that it's a good thing too

Do your research
Cuey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 05:39 PM   #3
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuey
The names Pursuit and Super Pursuit are the way the are, because the names date back to the late mid 1960's with Ford Utes

So i'm afraid FPV really had no choice in giving those names to the Utes, and i reckon that it's a good thing too

Do your research
It isn't about "Whats in a name"... it's just what would be better... regardless of history...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 05:41 PM   #4
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuey

Do your research
Actually the original Pursuit & Super Pursuit were 6 cylinder sedans 170s & 221s from memory.

The name was reused with the AU utes and since then has been the high end ute nomenclature.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 07:16 PM   #5
macman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Pursuit name to me makes me instantly think of a police pursuit car which are sedans, so to me the name would have better suited a sedan.

Flappist, while trying not to be a picky ******, "SuperPursuit" was the name badge on early falcons (up to XR) with the 200ci 6 cyl and "Pursuit 170" to the 170ci 6 cyl of the era. The later 221's in the XT were badged 3.6 litre not as Pursuit's.
macman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 07:40 PM   #6
HLC
Audi S3

purs-ute cmon :
Old 10-01-2007, 11:24 PM   #7
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Who the hell really cares..Flappist had it someone else corrected it....so who the hell really cares.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 09:33 AM   #8
WOLF
Track Red XY

Quote:
Originally Posted by macman
The Pursuit name to me makes me instantly think of a police pursuit car which are sedans, so to me the name would have better suited a sedan.
agreed, and in mad max the squad cars were called "pursuit specials"....imagine that colour scheme on a modern falcon :evil3:
WOLF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 02:01 PM   #9
82XD393.3v
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i always thought the pursuit badge was referine to the engine not the type of vehcile but could be wronge

FG F6 Manual 366RWKW tuned by BLUE POWER

82XD393.3v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 02:06 PM   #10
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82XD351.3v
i always thought the pursuit badge was referine to the engine not the type of vehcile but could be wronge
Thats what I thought. From XM onwards in the 1960's.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 02:07 PM   #11
82XD393.3v
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i think the reason they use pursuit for the utes cause they don't fit under the gt badge so pursuit is a gt spec ute

FG F6 Manual 366RWKW tuned by BLUE POWER

82XD393.3v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 04:24 PM   #12
Brett3158

Pursuit dont rhyme with sedan, as well as what HLC said.
Brett3158 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post