Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-01-2007, 07:32 PM   #91
andrewts
White Car Driver

July 29 hopefully for me. My birthday that day.
andrewts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 08:05 PM   #92
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poochino
Nationwide laws would be great too, I asked NSW police as a Victorian P plater do I have to obey the NSW 100kmph speed cap for P platers. One said no, one said yes. I play it safe and only do 100 but it's silly that the cops don't know what law to enforce.
No you don't have to obey the NSW rules if you have a Victorian Licence, just like Power/Weight Ratio laws don't apply to me as i have a WA licence, even though i have since moved to Victoria.

Nationwide rules would definitly be a good thing, save the confusion for us and for the police. :MrT_anim:
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 08:26 PM   #93
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"3) 0 Demerit points for speeding offences - automatic suspension"

WWwwwwwoooow. If that ever comes to Vic every P plater is screwed.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 08:29 PM   #94
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
All the driver training in the world is avaliable to you right now, go do a driving course, there's plenty around, don't use driver training as an excuse, people need to get off their butts and go do it rather than waiting for handouts, take the initiative and go take responsibility for your own ability.
Thing is, that'd be great if it all worked like that.. But not everyone *wants* to go do a drivers course.. Many think it's their right to drive, not a privilege.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 08:32 PM   #95
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by popinfresh
Thing is, that'd be great if it all worked like that.. But not everyone *wants* to go do a drivers course.. Many think it's their right to drive, not a privilege.
And so it should be. Why should transportation be a privilege?
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 11:49 PM   #96
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by colossus
What about 21-25 year olds? These laws only affect P1 licesnses which is the first 12 months. Only a small percentage of people would wait till they were 21-25 to get their first year p's.
believe it or not, the world extends outside your own little piece of paradise, and elsewhere, laws are being brought in that affect ALL P-platers right to the age of 25
Quote:
So the laws shoudnt come in as they would prevent your ability to "pulling laps" - yep thats responsible.
maybe you should become a journalist considering your ability to misinterprate things

i was referring to the distance i'd covered as being an indication of what distances P platers/younger drivers are capable of doing

Quote:
They still do more kays than first year p1 license holders.
so 3-4 k's a day and the weekly 10km shopping trip adds up to more than what a P1 can manage huh?
Quote:
What the hell do Queensland stats have to do with NSW laws? Although you did just prove my point further anyway.
if you'd bothered to PAY ATTENTION you would notice that in my original post i allowed for variations by saying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor
17-25yo's make up 13%-15% of the driving population
17-25yo's are involved in 32%-36% of fatal crashes
notice how i included both Qld Transport and NSW RTA statistcs there?

and prove what point? i'd like to see the RTA's equivalent page tot he one i quoted.... i'll be suprised if it contains ALL the statistics regarding crashes

Quote:
Apologise for what? For pointing out that you are incorrect regarding statistics and that you can't seem to see past your own agenda?
for your inability to pay attention to what people say, and then misinterpreting what they say to make youself look good...

untill you started whinging about what i'd said, i wasnt criticising anything you'd said, only what i'd seen elsewhere

you may have drawn your stats directly from the RTA's statisitics file, but i'd love to see thier propaganda version of things

Quote:
That was bizzare!
Got to love it when someone who's arguing against you posts statistics that support your position!!!!
wtf? i wasnt arguing against his stats, i was providing supporting evidence to my claim that the the government can be very sparing with statistics when it suits them
Old 13-01-2007, 12:02 AM   #97
nathen

i personally think its crap....screw this liberal goverment.if they are so worried about dead teens ..then bloody bring back soldiers from iraq..
nathen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 12:11 AM   #98
all4ford
XW 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathen
i personally think its crap....screw this liberal goverment.if they are so worried about dead teens ..then bloody bring back soldiers from iraq..
Its actually the State Labour Government who is bringing in these laws. Either way, I agree the Federal Government should throw some money at this issue, because its the only way it is ever going to get better. Its like everything, it seems to run up to sh_t until the Federal Government takes control and then it still runs up to sh_t but you dont notice because so much money is thrown at it, results are yielded.
all4ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 12:15 AM   #99
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
On the RTA's website, the statistics for 2005 for fatalities on the roads of drivers and their age/sex groups are as follows....

Male -

0-4: 0
5-16: 0
17-20: 17
21-25: 24
26-29: 13
30-39: 25
40-49: 19
50-59: 15
60-69: 9
70+ : 20
Unkown: 0
Total: 142

Female -

17-20: 6
21-25: 3
26-29: 6
30-39: 10
40-49: 6
50-59: 6
60-69: 8
70+ : 4
Total: 49

Now since I can't find 2005 population stats, I'll post the 2001 NSW stats as well, since I have 2001 Census information...

Male -

5-16: 2
17-20: 28
21-25: 11
26-29: 8
30-39: 26
40-49: 14
50-59: 15
60-69: 11
70+ : 20
Total: 135

Female -

17-20: 2
21-25: 4
26-29: 3
30-39: 6
40-49: 9
50-59: 10
60-69: 4
70+ : 6
Total: 44

Now based on the 2001 Census, ASB stats for 2001 NSW are as follows...

Age 0-4: 422,341
Age 5-14: 891,009
Age 15-24: 845,345
Age 25-54: 2,731,604
Age 55-64: 592,394
Age 65+ : 828,475

Now since the RTA statistics differ slightly, we'll add the 5-14 and 15-24 population figures together, giving us 1,736,354. Now we add up both male and female 5-16 and 17-20 stats giving us 32. 32 is 0.0018% of 1,736,354.

Compare that to people 70+, of which 26 died in NSW in 2001 and their figure of 828,475 on the census (slightly less since it counts 65+). 0.0031% of them died. So that means, statistically, a 17 year old is a safer driver then a 70 year old.

What about the big age bracket on the census, 25-54. Adding up the RTA stats that coincide you get 106 people. 106 is 0.0038% of 2,731,604. So what's shown is that according to this (and I admit its a tad rough, a bit more detail would have been good from both sites) summary of statistics, the most dangerous group of drivers in this country are aged between 25 and 54. Goes a bit against what the Government is saying, doesn't it? Lets restrict 25-54 year old drivers to only naturally aspirated 4 cyl cars, no passengers at night, no demerit points, no handsfree and whatever else we can think of! They're most likely to kill themselves, so it needs to be done. _

Yes let's ban 4vman from driving his clevo and still if he's 100% with that as well, going by statistics I think that's what needs to be done.

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
TEaaron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 01:03 AM   #100
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I live in WA and have a WA drivers license. Im flying over to sydney in June to pick up my xr6t. Then im driving all the way back to perth.

Will these laws apply to me when im over there? Can I still drive a turbo?

Im bloody not displaying my P plates on the outside of my car. If I get pulled over il just claim ignorance.

Performance mods: SL's(front) and leveled at the back, Front 30mm whiteline sway bar, 4" dump, 4" cat, 3.5" exhaust split to Dual 2.5" with quad tips, Plazmaman stage 1 polished intercooler and piping kit, 60lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, upgraded actuator, GFB BOV, K&N panel filter

Mods for show: 19" black Speedy Inferno rims, MTX 5x7's front and rear, 2x Kenwood 4ch amps, 3x Kenwood 10" subs, chrome fuse box cover
I FluXx I is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 01:11 AM   #101
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by I FluXx I
I live in WA and have a WA drivers license. Im flying over to sydney in June to pick up my xr6t. Then im driving all the way back to perth.

Will these laws apply to me when im over there? Can I still drive a turbo?

Im bloody not displaying my P plates on the outside of my car. If I get pulled over il just claim ignorance.
No. They only affect us misfortunate NSW Licence holders.

:
Old 13-01-2007, 01:30 AM   #102
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No. They only affect us misfortunate NSW Licence holders.
Excellent!! I mean, hmmmmm thats no good

Performance mods: SL's(front) and leveled at the back, Front 30mm whiteline sway bar, 4" dump, 4" cat, 3.5" exhaust split to Dual 2.5" with quad tips, Plazmaman stage 1 polished intercooler and piping kit, 60lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, upgraded actuator, GFB BOV, K&N panel filter

Mods for show: 19" black Speedy Inferno rims, MTX 5x7's front and rear, 2x Kenwood 4ch amps, 3x Kenwood 10" subs, chrome fuse box cover
I FluXx I is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 10:38 AM   #103
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Why should transportation be a privilege?
Its not, public transport is freely avaliable for everyone, but driving on the roads is a responsibility, not a right.

Old 13-01-2007, 10:58 AM   #104
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
No you don't have to obey the NSW rules if you have a Victorian Licence, just like Power/Weight Ratio laws don't apply to me as i have a WA licence, even though i have since moved to Victoria.

Nationwide rules would definitly be a good thing, save the confusion for us and for the police. :MrT_anim:
no..
they will when you obey the law and change over to Victorian liscence within 3 months.lol
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 11:07 AM   #105
Ando_Leigh

i can see a few problems with these new laws firstly as a few have aready pointed out.
The one passanger thing means more people in boots and when a young person has some1 in the back like that they do have a tendancy to try and swerve the car so the person in the boot hits there head etc.

The second problem isthe zero points for speeding i mean 10km over you really shouldn't loose your licence for that and also alot of coppers don't take plesure in tearing up a young kids licence.

What they need to bring in is a subsidized mandatory advanced driving course. that you should have to take before going for your p's test

you can have as many hours as you want but alot of people get taught how to pass the test but not how to drive.
Old 13-01-2007, 02:55 PM   #106
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Its not, public transport is freely avaliable for everyone, but driving on the roads is a responsibility, not a right.
In this part of the world. Unfortunately.

:
Old 13-01-2007, 08:34 PM   #107
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Quote:
maybe you should come up this way and try to catch a bus or a train.....