Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 15-01-2007, 03:33 PM   #1
hotshod
Starter Motor

Default EB 4L Radiator Hose removal..... HOW

OK I'm not an expert but also not a complete Kluts ...... I have a tempermentalt EB that can have a tendancy to run hot .... on hot days .

So I've read many forum contributions and taken good advice and now I want to undo bottom radiator hose , give it a flush and redo coolant ....

Everthing is loose, the leaves have been remove , the thermostat removed and new one sourced., radiator is loose , every hose is off except for auto and the bottom ( drain ) hose ....

BUT HOW THE BLOODY HELL DOES THAT BOTTOM HOSE COME OFF.....!!!!!!

Experts please step forward ......

Thanks

hotshod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2007, 03:38 PM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

twist it good, it will come off. I reccomend cut it off and buy a set of new hoses while you are it, they may look good on the outside but chances are they are stuffed on the inside, you dont want a split hose to dump your new coolnat all over the road.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2007, 03:56 PM   #3
hotshod
Starter Motor

Twist it not a bad idea ....... I've been twisting and yanking on it so much I'm worried about damaging the outlet section of the radiator .....

Now I haven't undone that hose at the engine side .... cause to get to it , the Power Steering pump has to come off ...... What a bun fight ....!!!

I'll keep twisting ..... ( there is Soooooo much access...)

cheers
Old 15-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #4
EA2BA
PM me if you want

another way is get a long small phillip head screwdriver, bend it at 90degrees a small way down the shaft, then lever that in under the hose and move it around the hose on the inside to break the seal.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2007, 04:05 PM   #5
John_LS1

your radiator might be fitted with a drain plug. if you have got one then you dont need to remove the bottem radiator hose.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2007, 04:36 PM   #6
poomba
xc - my other love

^^ good option...

otherwise just cut it up and get a new one. chances are that when it comes off, it will be brittle and cracked anyway.

apparently pretty fast - 400rwkw BF xr6t!

FG F6 bottom end - GTX3582 - Nizpro 4" exhaust - Nizpro cooler - plazmaman intake - piping - plenum - batt relocation - injectors - surge &044 pump - valve work & valve springs - XCAL
poomba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2007, 04:56 PM   #7
Syd Waters
Starter Motor

Hi Hotshod

I had the very same issue just today. I ended up having to remove the battery andand housing to get better access to the lower hose. After removing the hose from the pump I had to make sure that the lower clamp was loosened right off and then use a long screwdrived as a lever to force the damn thing. I had to fold the upper secion of the hose around and jamb it in to the fan, that allowed the top part to be fixed. If you can get the screwdriver into the inside of the first bend (bottom) you should then be able to use the screwdriver as a fulcrum against the crossmember that runs below it.

The problem that I am now faced with is that the engine turns over but will not start (I assume this is because I have removed the battery). I have been reading threads that alude to the "Smart Lock" possibly being the problem. Any ideas

Cheers - Syd

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshod
OK I'm not an expert but also not a complete Kluts ...... I have a tempermentalt EB that can have a tendancy to run hot .... on hot days .

So I've read many forum contributions and taken good advice and now I want to undo bottom radiator hose , give it a flush and redo coolant ....

Everthing is loose, the leaves have been remove , the thermostat removed and new one sourced., radiator is loose , every hose is off except for auto and the bottom ( drain ) hose ....

BUT HOW THE BLOODY HELL DOES THAT BOTTOM HOSE COME OFF.....!!!!!!

Experts please step forward ......

Thanks
Old 15-01-2007, 05:01 PM   #8
hotshod
Starter Motor

From what I've read elsewhere here ...... there is no drain plug

Has anyone tried a heat gun on it ......( If was rusted on I'd get the oxy on to it).... heat gun = rubber alternative...!!!

Next......

At the engine ..... what is the easy way to get that section of the hose off,....... so far its back together , and running , heater on , cap off .....

But next attempt will be with back up hoses at the ready .

But I'm not too impressed at the layout of all this stuff.

Thanks

**Sorry Syd , EB novice here ....... mine's working, he says .as he prays to the Blue Oval demons
Old 15-01-2007, 05:43 PM   #9
EBIIXR6
★★★★★

Talking

just fire up! swear, curse bash :evil3: ... itl come off. putting it back on is the b1tch