Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 20-01-2007, 03:43 AM   #1
Mickus
Banned

Default Breaking into my car :S

OK. So long story short, I locked my keys in the car. I thought I might start up my old EB, battery was a bit dead, not all doors unlocked, only drivers, popped bonnet, closed front door, went back to turn off motor and the door was locked. Had to pull the spark plugs to turn it off!

So now. My keys are locked in the car. Whats the easiest way to get into it?

PS. This is not dodge! LOL! Can supply pics!

Mickus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2007, 03:45 AM   #2
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Hahahahahaha your such a fool, what kinda fool would lock their keys in their car!!!! Bwahahahaha!!

Haha only joking man!!! Did you try the wire down the window idea?
Old 20-01-2007, 03:49 AM   #3
Mickus
Banned

Nah havnt tried anything yet. Didnt get a chance cause I was goin over to brads place. Was going to get stuck into it tomorrow.

ALL my keys are in there. Including house, and most importantly, my ED keys! :O
Which I need tomorrow!
Mickus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2007, 06:51 AM   #4
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

just punch in the window if u need the ED that bad there not all that hard to replace if you dont have tint and wreakers charge u f all for one, and fix it the next day
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2007, 09:56 AM   #5
oneredED
need more boost

Bend the top of the door frame (nearest the B-pillar) back using a few levers (bigscrew drivers or crowbar etc), but dont worry it'll bend back to shape within reason. Then use a long rod (we used a CB antenna) to push the door lock button on the dash, or use a hook and try and snag the inside door handle, the car will automatically unlock when you pull it. There are faster ways, but these are the simplest other than breaking the rear 1/4 glass.
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2007, 11:34 AM   #6
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

i wouldnt be bending the door frame!!
Old 20-01-2007, 11:39 AM   #7
NC_GHIA
FirstOnRaceDay

nah just break a window and get another one....

NC Fairlane GHIA
Series II
I6.
Mods. 2.5" cat back
Clarion HU
Soundstream speakers amp and subs
Lowered
DL LTD rims
: thats it!
For the moment... :
NC_GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2007, 02:58 PM   #8
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

The RAA/NRMA etc bend the door frame back when they need to open a car with the keys inside. You don't need to bend it back 45 degress, just enough to slide a thin piece of wire in there, 1cm max. I've found a wooden door wedge is perfect to hold it open. Then as oneredED said above, either pull a door handle, or push the unlock button. Costs nothing, and you don't have to clean broken glass out of your interior for the next year.

Piece of wire down the side of the window will do 2 things, 1 - break the trims around the window, and 2 - bend the rods inside the door, which makes everything a pain.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2007, 06:19 PM   #9
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was a thread about this a couple of weeks ago.
Guy who is an ex NRMA service guy said he'd drop/force a window down a bit then use a piece of wire to hook into an opposing inside door handle and open it that way.
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2007, 06:33 PM   #10
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

huh never new you could bend the door that much! just letting you know he's got it open so all's good!
Old 20-01-2007, 10:45 PM   #11
babbo

Haha my sister locked her keys in her car with the car running and sitting in the street with very little petrol in it lol.
She called the RACV and before she knew it the dude had the door open and the car off, she didnt even see how he did it.
My mate has an EA and he locked his keys in his car and just wedged the window down a fraction and then open the handle, worked a treat!
babbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2007, 10:57 PM   #12
holmsy
Banned

you can usually get something thin through a window and eventually hook a door handle or in some cases the lock thing. or in some cases the power window button.
holmsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 03:02 AM   #13
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

all this info is making me want a alarm for my car! i didnt relise it was so easy for someone to break in. what do car alarms cost?
Old 21-01-2007, 12:05 PM   #14
efgiar
rofl copter

braden, alarm = crap you need multipul killswitches all hiden because i remember 1 certain mr juicy who had 8(?) alarms/immobilisers and the car was STILL stolen

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 12:18 PM   #15
holmsy
Banned

cant remember where i read it but apparently when the eb came out SA police got 4 top car thieves to come steal the eb and after a few days they gave up.
holmsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 12:24 PM   #16
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgiar
braden, alarm = crap you need multipul killswitches all hiden because i remember 1 certain mr juicy who had 8(?) alarms/immobilisers and the car was STILL stolen
Not just for stealing, but for people getting into your car to steal things inside....
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 12:28 PM   #17
efgiar
rofl copter

thats why you dont keep important things inside, and if u have to in the boot it goes on a high series ef boot button doesnt work unless the igg is on :P

thats all
Old 21-01-2007, 01:26 PM   #18
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

fair enough! i always make sure i hide stuff in the car when i leave it for a while anyway!
Old 21-01-2007, 02:44 PM   #19
efgiar
rofl copter

doesnt worry me much because u can barely see in anyway still stupid to leave somthing like a laptop or a satnav in there for everyone to see :P

thats all