Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-01-2007, 12:03 AM   #1
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

Default au stereo mobile compatibility?

hi guys,
just a quick q. does the factory head unit in the au2 forte (cd/tuner/tape) have mobile carkit compatability? that is does it cut the power to the head unit for an incoming call? if so, what colour wire is it?
thanx for your help
col

au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2007, 12:05 AM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

Yes it does, there is a loom from Ford available that plugs into the back of your headunit and then connects to the mobile kit.

Its not there from factory, you have to get the loom to do it. From memory its about $30 or so.
Old 20-01-2007, 06:54 PM   #3
Damien
Behind The Mixing Desk

Doesn't the loom plug in to a socket behind the fuse panel, or is that the BAs? You don't have to kill the power to the headunit, you just need to connect up the mute wire to the loom and the audio output to the loom and then the sound will come through your front speakers and the letters 'TEL' should display on your headunit.
Old 20-01-2007, 11:10 PM   #4
stats2001
Starter Motor

There are 2 connector blocks on the back of the stereo unit...Only one of them is normally used...to hook up the phone kit the easy way you can attach the radio mute wire (Yellow in the nokia kits) to one of the terminals on the second connector block...the correct terminal is the one that mutes the radio when the wire is connected to ground. This method is still only using the nokia speaker that comes with the phone kit, and not the audio speakers attached to the stereo. To use them, i believe you need the other wiring loom talked about in the other post, I have not tried it this way yet...getting a loom on monday hopefully and then i can run phone through front speakers.

You can find a connector up under the dash between the centre console and steering wheel that will give you the other 3 connections that you need,,,ie: +ve, -ve, and ground....this connector is probably blue.

Hope this helps,

let me know if you need more info as i am doing the same thing
stats2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2007, 11:19 PM   #5
Norton
Tuned by HPF

I had a car kit in my AU2, mute wire was plugged into one of the pins in the unused connector.

Sorry can't remember which pin it was but it is compatible.
Norton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 07:24 AM   #6
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

thanx for the info guys, really helps. mine is a nokia kit too stats2001, so ur info was very valuable. since the kit i have is my mums old one there was no wiring info on the kit, so it would have been a great guessing game without actually hunting down the kit in nokia website (which i wouldnt have done as im a lasy bas**d!). i think i will go with using car speakers, avoids having to put the ugly speaker in and having to put holes in the car that arent really needed (to mount the speaker). now just have to try and find a phone holder to suit the 6310i that will fit the console to avoid drilling those holes.
Old 21-01-2007, 01:42 PM   #7
Damien
Behind The Mixing Desk

You should PM 'useless' and ask him if he's got any of the mobile phone presenters still available. They are installed underneath the centre console lid and allow you to fold the phone in and out of the console, very tidy and you can hide the kit when you don't need it.
Old 21-01-2007, 04:04 PM   #8
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

PM sent to useless