Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-01-2007, 12:26 PM   #61
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ-TS50

Yeah, I honestly paid about $5K over what I think and have seen the market value as so it's not much to pay considering the build numbers, which reminds me.

My cars build number is: 051

Cheers,
Carl
Your poor thing, anything with the number 51 and from NZ is bad news lol.

Thats an awesome set of cars you got there. T3's are one of the best looking Falcons IMO pure muscle.
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2007, 12:29 PM   #62
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Mine doesn't have MoMo stamped in it either. So, is mine the standard or upgraded one?

Cheers,
Carl
Definitely a MOMO as it has the grey coloured part. Standard ones are all black.
Old 20-01-2007, 12:48 PM   #63
Night Runner
- V8 ENTHUSIAST -

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Definitely a MOMO as it has the grey coloured part. Standard ones are all black.

Thanks mate, that's awesome info.

Falc'man - Yeah I thought about Murphy, but ah.....he's nothing. :
Luckily the TS overshadows HIS silly little number. :evil3:
Old 20-01-2007, 01:09 PM   #64
XRated
Shoot.

You lucky, lucky bugger! Exceptional vehicles. I love them all!

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2007, 02:48 PM   #65
Night Runner
- V8 ENTHUSIAST -

Thumbs up *** New Photos Added ***

Thanks X-Rated. Here are some new photos I took about one hour ago.
A little better quality than the original photos from the previous owner me thinks. :

Cheers,
Carl

Last edited by [ NZTS50 ]; 20-01-2007 at 03:11 PM.
Night Runner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2007, 03:14 PM   #66
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFan86
NICE!!!
Long live the T series!
What he said, very nice pic up mate wont take too long once you have it now to start wondering why u never owned one sooner.
Ok should we put him through the T series initation, Secret handshake, his bag of tricks and code of conduct :
Old 20-01-2007, 03:42 PM   #67
Night Runner
- V8 ENTHUSIAST -

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE50 056
What he said, very nice pic up mate wont take too long once you have it now to start wondering why u never owned one sooner.
Ok should we put him through the T series initation, Secret handshake, his bag of tricks and code of conduct :
Yes, please do! When do we drink the blood of TS50 virgins and eat the sacrificial cow? lol :evil3:
Old 20-01-2007, 04:04 PM   #68
XR8putts

Mate that is one stunning example of the T3! Congrats!

Did a search the other day on TradMe and no T3s for sale in NZ, well on that site anyway. John Andrew Ford in Auckland had a T3 a few months ago and sold so fast it wasn't funny. The T3s is the next collectors car.. IRC there were only 500 stroked Windsors made? The majority used in T3 TE,TS and TL(only 3 made) and a few in the 250 Pursuit utes.. by far the best of the AU's.

Don't quote me on those stats!
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2007, 04:09 PM   #69
Night Runner
- V8 ENTHUSIAST -

Wink

Thanks mate, good to see a few Kiwis on board. I think it's 649 5.6L engines were ever made, either way, small numbers for sure. Yeah, apparently there was only one T3 TS50 on Trade-Me last year. Liquid Silver & auto. Sold in August, very nice car too. They are few and far between.

Cheers mate,
Carl

PS: Don't forget to watch the comedy festival tomorrow - AKA Black Caps (trying) to play Australia. :
Old 20-01-2007, 04:49 PM   #70
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by puts99
Mate that is one stunning example of the T3! Congrats!

Did a search the other day on TradMe and no T3s for sale in NZ, well on that site anyway. John Andrew Ford in Auckland had a T3 a few months ago and sold so fast it wasn't funny. The T3s is the next collectors car.. IRC there were only 500 stroked Windsors made? The majority used in T3 TE,TS and TL(only 3 made) and a few in the 250 Pursuit utes.. by far the best of the AU's.

Don't quote me on those stats!
Sorry top qoute u lol :evil_laug
Untrue
TL50 = 3
TS50 = 224
TE50 = 204
Total = 431 + 248 Pursuit 250 utes = 679 5.6L strokers sold
Old 20-01-2007, 04:51 PM   #71
Night Runner
- V8 ENTHUSIAST -

Yay, I'm learning quick, I got it right!
Old 20-01-2007, 04:56 PM   #72
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:

Yay, I'm learning quick, I got it right!
Sorry mate i stuffed up put 649 not 679 thats info in my last post is from ford
Old 20-01-2007, 06:00 PM   #73
nitroman
nitroman

Is your challenger really a 6 speed auto? I've never heard of this intriging optiion. What is the model of the gearbox? That'd be super sweet box behind the 440.
I owned a 77' dodge pickup about 10 years ago in canada with a 440 magnum. Wow that was an engine to remember! Started with only a breath on the key, idled perfect, and lit 'em up as long as you had your foot on the gas. That's an engine!
GASGAS 400 enduro.
Honda hr192 mower
nitroman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2007, 06:27 PM   #74
Night Runner
- V8 ENTHUSIAST -

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroman
Is your challenger really a 6 speed auto? I've never heard of this intriging optiion. What is the model of the gearbox? That'd be super sweet box behind the 440.
I owned a 77' dodge pickup about 10 years ago in canada with a 440 magnum. Wow that was an engine to remember! Started with only a breath on the key, idled perfect, and lit 'em up as long as you had your foot on the gas. That's an engine!

It's an aftermarket add on, not a factory option. I run the TorqueFlite-727 with a Gear Vendors OD unit. It's the new module (Auto sequencer) not the stock unit. We have been working with Gear Vendors to get it right. It splits the existing 3 gears in two.

To use:

Pull shifter into [1st] gas it, hit OD floor switch (clutch position, like a highbeam button). It then shits into 1st-Over, drive then shift the shifter into [2nd] the OD kicks out, drive then click the OD switch and it shifts into 2nd-Over, drive shift into [3rd]...drive and hit the button and into 3rd-Over or 6th.

Basically: 1st to 1st-O, 2nd to 2nd-O, 3rd to 3rd-O. (and back down again if you want)

It has 3 drive styles. Leave it in [D] and it's a 3-speed stock TF-727. Put it into any gear like [1st] or [2nd] and it's still a stock transmission. To use the gear splitting you just hit the button on the floor and then shift up to kick OD out. The shifter can be in any gear. You can also just leave it in [D] and when you want the OD hit the button, that's it. It takes a lot of time to get perfect, A LOT of time. It's been harder to get this smooth than it was to learn a manual transmission car and I still haven't got it 100% yet as the module isn't reading the rpms quite right yet. Stuff it up or shift out of OD and you'll send the rpms into the mid teens - NOT GOOD. I know of one guy in the UK who made his 440 eat itself when he did this. Say you're in 1st-Over doing 5,500rpms (redline 6,100rpm) and you kick OD out by mistake you'll shift down into 1st......like I said, not good. I could go on for hours about the specs etc but this is the ins and outs of it.

With the OD I run 3.91 gears and once in OD cruise like I have 3.05s which is 2,250rpm at 70mph, not bad for a 70's muscle car.

Here is a photo of my interior, note the red button on the floor, this is the OD switch. The buttons on the console are only make shift until the system is working 100%. Also, note the red/green light in the top right hand corner of the instrument cluster area.....red means OD is off, Green means OD is on.

The flash in the camera makes everything seem pale and the red boot around the switch isn't that bright. lol I also attached a photo of the interior in it's stock form, minus the buttons etc.

Cheers,
Carl

Old 20-01-2007, 06:43 PM   #75
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

Hey NZ-TS50 post you pic up in the T series thread in the Show n Shine! :

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2007, 06:43 PM   #76
nitroman
nitroman

Good idea, sounds like a great way to use all that torque. It must have a top speed around 300 mph!
GASGAS 400 enduro.
Honda hr192 mower
nitroman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2007, 07:02 PM   #77
Night Runner
- V8 ENTHUSIAST -

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroman
Good idea, sounds like a great way to use all that torque. It must have a top speed around 300 mph!

LOL! Not quite. At present with my 28" tyres and say a redline of 6,300rpm with the 3.05 gears and a decent straight (l-o-n-g) highway it should be capable of 172mph+

Cheers,
Carl
Old 20-01-2007, 07:03 PM   #78
Night Runner
- V8 ENTHUSIAST -

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAFIA
Hey NZ-TS50 post you pic up in the T series thread in the Show n Shine! :
Done and dusted! :
Old 21-01-2007, 08:51 PM   #79
XFALCONX

Quote:
Thanks mate, Yupe I love my Mopars too.....I'm not one to bag other makes, though I would never spend money on a Holden or Chev but I do respect & appreciate some of their models. Mopars are first for me, I won't lie but Fords are a close second, love them the same really.

You asked for photos so you'll get 'em! : Here are some photos of my 1970 Challenger R/T, '73 Plymouth 'Cuda and my daily driven Jeep Cherokee Sport dressed in stealth/army - all black.

Cheers,
Carl

:sm_drool: :sm_drool: IAM JEALOUS :Reverend:
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2007, 07:25 AM   #80
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:

# WRC style bulge bonnet
Am I the only one that read this bit? Mate, I hope you reconsider, even a BA bonnet buldge would be pushing it.

The T3 is just about the only Ford that doesn't need to be touch style wise from factory. Its unique enough to stand out without being to in your face.

Congrats, its choice bro!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2007, 12:50 PM   #81
Night Runner
- V8 ENTHUSIAST -

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Am I the only one that read this bit? Mate, I hope you reconsider, even a BA bonnet buldge would be pushing it.

The T3 is just about the only Ford that doesn't need to be touch style wise from factory. Its unique enough to stand out without being to in your face.

Thanks but that's your opinion on it's style, I think it will look good and help lift the slightly "pointed/narrow" front end. I have seen one or two on the T-Series and it looks awesome.

LOL!!!!! "It's unique enough without being too in your face" : Mate! have you seen the wing, body kit and heard the engine!?!?!?!?....this car stands out like a dogs balls, so a bulge bonnet isn't going to change a single thing! Besides, it's a very subtle hood and IMO will flow nicely.

Thanks,
Carl

:
Old 22-01-2007, 03:37 PM   #82
Night Runner
- V8 ENTHUSIAST -

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal

Having a look at the car I think I will leave it as is.
Maybe in the future I'll have a look but I do agree with you, it is a factory sex machine. :

Old 22-01-2007, 03:41 PM   #83
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

If u get anything get a BA bonnet bulge im thinking about it aswell but they not around yet
Old 22-01-2007, 03:44 PM   #84
Night Runner
- V8 ENTHUSIAST -

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE50 056
If u get anything get a BA bonnet bulge im thinking about it aswell but they not around yet

That's what I'm after, but will wait. I'm spending the money on my 'Cuda for now. : I'll be broke by April. :(

Like the one below.....looks good to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T3-134.jpg (22.0 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg T3-134-2.jpg (28.7 KB, 72 views)