Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 09-04-2005, 06:21 PM   #31
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Dez, thank you for "digging up" this thread. :

EDXR-I6, I have some questions about your site and have sent an e-mail to your Hotmail/MSN address. Please check when you get a chance.
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 06:30 PM   #32
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouty
Dez, thank you for "digging up" this thread. :

EDXR-I6, I have some questions about your site and have sent an e-mail to your Hotmail/MSN address. Please check when you get a chance.
you're more than welcome. just think, if it was buried, you wouldnt have the current offer on the table.....

.com.au domain name at cost price....not to shabby
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 06:47 PM   #33
niko
likes falcon's

ppl wouldnt look at u funny either :
Old 09-04-2005, 08:39 PM   #34
EDXR-I6

Reply is there! check your inbox Trouty...
EDXR-I6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 12:51 AM   #35
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how about doing a new site too ? the old one is a bit..... well lets just say it needs alot of updating. :
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 01:47 AM   #36
EFFalcon
Last warning

100% agree with you Stevo.
the currently problem is that no one has the time to update the website in its current state.
the site itself needs a lot of optimasation to get the size down, i'm not sure what limits we have on hosting, and the website it already over the 100mb mark.
areas i beleive need attention are:

meets
members cars
modifications

the members cars section is VERY hard to keep upto date as there is so many cars to do.
I was looking to setup a more dynamic website but getting information on whats currently available to us has proven to be difficult.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 01:26 PM   #37
Danny
GT4.

Even though it doesn't apply to me anymore, it will be great to see that bog eafalcon become deleted link. A lot of people who used to see my car and its window sitcker would go there and be very dissppointed, Including people whowere looking for tech docos, or help.

Good to see things are finally happening...
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 01:44 PM   #38
InitialD
Low and Loud

Well All i will say is I did offer to Jack to help out with any of the website stuff with John if its needed, So I dont mind doing weekly/ Routine Updates

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:54 PM   #39
neb
hibernating

I know a fair bit of web design and got a bit of free time so I don't mind helping out with the site if its needed.
neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:56 PM   #40
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Cheers all, it looks as though we'll know what is happening within a few days. There are a few factors making this more complex: my application for the URL could take any amount of time for approval, we are looking at getting rid of many out-of-date sections of the site and there is a possible merger with another site happening. There will be a further discussion before anything is confirmed, but for now we must play the waiting game.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:32 PM   #41
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouty
Cheers all, it looks as though we'll know what is happening within a few days. There are a few factors making this more complex: my application for the URL could take any amount of time for approval, we are looking at getting rid of many out-of-date sections of the site and there is a possible merger with another site happening. There will be a further discussion before anything is confirmed, but for now we must play the waiting game.
when was the last time eafalcon.com was updated? when AFF started? with that little note mentioning this site?.....

if it moves to a new domain, maybe getting something happening like aufalcon.com if you have the space.....you guys have so many members, it'd be good to have all their cars on the site, with a few pics, and maybe a writeup about it etc....

and a merger? lol, last time there was a merger involving the E series (AFD 05) there was an uproar. lol
Old 10-04-2005, 03:45 PM   #42
PULLY6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wow guys, sounds like there's some serious moves happening with the website. good on yer dez for diggin up the thread

i'd love to offer to help, but i'm not sure what i can do?
Old 10-04-2005, 03:50 PM   #43
EFFalcon
Last warning

thats the problem, we don't have the space for a site like aufalcon.com.
the merger isnt anything that will effect members, more so a 'layout/url' type merger.
the last updates were when new wall papers were made.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:04 PM   #44
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
thats the problem, we don't have the space for a site like aufalcon.com.
the merger isnt anything that will effect members, more so a 'layout/url' type merger.
the last updates were when new wall papers were made.
you guys have a shit load of members that seem willing....maybe some donations could be made,(which would prolly be small with so many members) then you guys could really show people how big your club is ;)

no problem PULLY ;)
Old 10-04-2005, 04:29 PM   #45
EDXR-I6

gee you guys are realy serious about this so how much space are we talking! I also run my own webhosting http://www.pcxpertz.com.au

Depending on the amount of space i am willing to be a sponsor for a hosting account! Would the admin who is in charge of all this stuff please contact me via email @ inzan3@optusnet.com.au to dicuss you needs!!!!

Thumbs up Peoples...

Last edited by EDXR-I6; 10-04-2005 at 04:35 PM.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:36 PM   #46
EB-maen
Rise, Toybota!

Using asp to handle the member side of a new site would work well in my opinion, and wouldn't really take that long to set up. You could base the whole site on asp queries to a database which you could add and edit the information of via forms on the website. That way, you could have a generic setup for member information like perhaps name, alias, car, mods, future mods, etc, and of course some pics.

Quote:
we don't have the space for a site like aufalcon.com.
It could always be photobucket/imageshacks number1 hit site :, that'd work in regards to members supplying images of their own. Then again, it'd be nice to have all the photos hosted on the same server as the site and would probably result in more control.

I'd be happy to rough up a design which uses frames, therefore reducing page-load times and making editing easier

-actually, asp would be a pain in the *** to get up and running and might not be worth it if neb and initiald are prepared to manage required updates. forget i mentioned asp :P

13.156 @ 110kph... down the highway :P

Last edited by EB-maen; 10-04-2005 at 04:40 PM.
EB-maen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:56 PM   #47
Dez
Banned

dez...honorary E series member for REVIVING this thread. not digging it up ;)
Old 10-04-2005, 05:55 PM   #48
Damo
Banned

yeah, now stop spamming it Dez.

Good to see things might finaly be getting somewhere.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:02 PM   #49
niko
likes falcon's

f@rk with 17posts a day...he has to keep that up somehow lol
Old 10-04-2005, 06:22 PM   #50
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
because. a) i can do it. and b) i was looking at threads started by niko, and found this 1. because i had always thought it weird that an e series club had the site eAfalcon.com i posted. you can always skip past it. you're not required to read it.
now hang on, if you go back and take a bit of a look through the club history instead of beating your trap off about it, you'd realise that the eseries club was actually started off by jack, as a way of capturing his restoration of his ea fairmont ghia...... it then turned into a club for ea - ed falcons, which was run alongside the EF/L club......

the 2 clubs then merged to become the EA - EL club...

now that said, i to think times should change and we should become the eseries club...... but the eafalcon club name served its purpose and it served that purpose well.....

the fact that the url now seems to have possibility, well thats a great thing..
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:29 PM   #51
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Yep, further to Wayne's comments, the eafalcon.com name made good sense as every E Series model is based on the EA Falcon. I'll be keeping the old stickers on my car as they are somewhat fitting, but I look forward to a more appropriate URL given the new direction of the Club. Watch this space.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:37 PM   #52
okin

I personally like deleted link the more simple the better. The hyphen isn't really necessary. As far as the domain name, you can use any domain name... BUT if you want to have an .AU extension (.com.au / net.au) here are the requirements.

.COM.AU & .NET.AU

Popular amongst commercial entities, identifies your domain entity as being based in Australia, serving an Australian market. ABN/ACN/ARBN, etc is required.

Individuals may obtain .au domain names by simply applying for an ABN, and under the sub heading choose entity type of 'sole trader'.

You must be able to supply an ABN/ACN/ABRN or ARSN to secure a domain - (Register ABN here, Register ACN here), and must meet one of the following criteria:

An exact match of the business’ name or trademark
An abbreviation of the business’ name or trademark
An acronym of the business’ name or trademark
Product that the business manufactures or sells
A program that the business administers
An activity that your business facilitates, teaches or trains
A service that your business provides
A venue that the business operates
A profession that is practiced by the business’ employees or members
An event that your business organises or sponsors

Place names in Australia are disallowed as domain names

Domain names can be 2 to 63 letters, and words can be separated by hyphens, but not spaces.

.ORG.AU

Charities, or not-for-profit organisations, as specified in your articles of association, qualifies for a org.au domain name. e.g, clubs, churches,charities.

.ASN.AU

Applicants must either an incorporated association, registered political party, registered trade union, or a sporting or special interest club operating within Australia, and must meet one of the following criteria:

A program that the business administers
An activity that your business facilitates, teaches or trains
A service that your business provides
A venue that the business operates
A profession that is practiced by the business’ employees or members
An event that your business organises or sponsors
.ID.AU

Especially designed for individuals, NO ABN/ACN/ABRN/ARSN requirements and must reside in Australia. Applicant must meet the following criteria:

Derived from or includes the individuals’ name.

This is the general guidelines.
okin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:28 PM   #53
EDXR-I6

Default e-series domains

Trouty,

PM sent! Regards domains