Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-08-2006, 12:10 AM   #31
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeh hooked up 4 gold ticks for SYD show.

The inet site crashed hard, ended up getting these over the phone.

To make it even better - these are AWESOME seats too!!!!

5LMONTY.............get ready dude!!!!!
XA Coupsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 07:15 AM   #32
TURBO_GHIA
hmmm boost

if someones pulls out and you need to sell a ticket let me know
TUNED BY JEM
TURBO_GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2007, 11:41 PM   #33
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Ok, so I'll drag this thread up again. (Took me bloody long enough to find it)

Who went to their Sydney show last night?

Maynard's "word of the evening" was spot on.
(Those who were there know what I'm talking about)

I've been looking forward to this show for at least 10 years, as I missed out a few times when they were here previously, and let me say, it was well worth the wait!!

Even before the house lights went down there was an amazing aura in the audience.
I could sense a real feeling of togetherness, and, then of having shared an amazing experience among the crowd at the end of the concert as the auditorium emptied. No problems among the crowd that I saw, and even though I went alone, at no time did I feel uncomfortable or uneasy among the predominantly male audience.

Was great to see the place lit up when everyone got their lighters out during one of the soundscapes before Wings.
There was no encore, nor was one requested, everyone was well sated.
Only thing that slightly disappointed me was that I would have liked to see them perform Sober.
Setlist:
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann) {instrumental**
Rosetta Stoned
Merkaba
Danny's drum solo (sounded VERY much like Ticks & Leeches and Triad)
Swamp Song
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days (Wings Pt. 2)
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenima

How good was Danny's drum solo?? That guy is an amazing talent. I found myself watching him the most. He nailed everything.
It looked like Maynard instigated the solo, he went over to Danny to say something then Danny started playing, and the other guys backed off for a while. Maybe he needed a rest. That also explains why they played Swamp Song when the setlist had The Pot printed instead. Saw him make a swimming motion to Danny, which was most likely the signal to switch songs.

The lasers worked to brilliant effect, especially the smoke feeds and the ricochets off the mirrors at the front edge of the stage.
What can you say about the projections behind them? Stunning. It's a very nice effect how the video is split across 4 screens, as the screens can mirror in the middle, act as one giant screen, or each do their own thing. The video blends very nicely with the lighting too, neither upstaging each other.

I'm not a huge fan of Wings/10k Days on the album, but live it is pretty special.
For the entire two I was standing there with goosebumps in awe.
Good to see the crowd just chill out for a while and stand and watch. It's also when the lasers first appear...

I love how the stage wasn't really "lit" the way almost all other concerts are, with the band mostly silhouetted by the screens behind them. It puts more focus on the music than the band members. Which is also great given the sheer complexity of Tool's material.

Maynard was really on vocally last night too, though I did notice him trying to refrain from screaming too much.
He omitted a couple lines from Vicarious, which I think was more due to trying to save his voice than a mistake, or maybe it's a smart-***, facetious way of letting the crowd scream that particular lyric, then him responding with "much better you than I....". Whatever the reason, it also had the awesome effect of letting us hear the whole crowd singing along.

Aenima was a fantastic closer and a lot of fun to jump around and sing to. EVERYONE was into it. Awesome way to end a brilliant show.

Now they just need to keep to their statement of coming back in November/December so we can do it all again.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2007, 01:00 PM   #34
TURBO_GHIA
hmmm boost

yep i totally agree on all of that ,i was lost for words ,its was just simply amazing,i saw them at BDO as last night ,again just amazing
TUNED BY JEM
TURBO_GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2007, 02:07 PM   #35
Perun
SSith Lord

I missed out on both Tool and BDO. I hate my forgetfulness... :(
Perun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2007, 04:15 PM   #36
Harro
5l Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_nick
I missed out on both Tool and BDO. I hate my forgetfulness... :(
I feel your pain
Cat Back Exhaust
Tickford Springs
EL Ghia Interior pieces
Harro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2007, 07:50 PM   #37
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Heres a couple of pics, just to rub it in to those who missed out...

Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

Old 27-01-2007, 02:03 PM   #38
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Damn. So envious. Tickets sold out straight away and I missed them. :togo:
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2007, 04:38 PM   #39
bEAn86

they are doing the bigday out are they not?
bEAn86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2007, 04:46 PM   #40
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Indeed they are.

Old 27-01-2007, 05:07 PM   #41
HLC
Audi S3

Tool sent me into a coma at Big Day Out.

then again, that may have been alcohol induced....