Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-12-2006, 08:46 PM   #1
99FalconS
99FalconS

Default Door lock

Hello i need a little help please.

AU1 rear door lock wont lock i hear a buzz from the door as i lock it but it will not lock. Has anyone had the same problem if so how do i go about fixing it.

99FalconS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2006, 09:04 PM   #2
chrispie123
Banned

replace door lock actuator or if anyone knows how to repair them let me know to wreckers charge me 66 bucks each time it happens
chrispie123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2006, 09:12 PM   #3
chief
FTF Club Moderator

There has been other cases here on the forums of the problem you describe with your door lock. You need to replace the actuator. Best bet is to go to a wreckers.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2006, 09:22 PM   #4
smally289
growing up is optional

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispie123
replace door lock actuator or if anyone knows how to repair them let me know to wreckers charge me 66 bucks each time it happens

I have pulled a few stuffed ones apart. There is a plastic shaft with a gear on it, the shaft snaps. Been trying to figure out a way to fix em, but so far without success.
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2006, 11:39 PM   #5
XR6Stu

There is no way to fix them. Ring Ford, and they give you a BA Series 2 lock, with an adaptor wiring loom, and they have a metal spiral piece, instead of the plastic one that breaks. I just replaced my drivers door, and will be replacing all the others when I get back to work to order them. I thik the total cost is approx $130-ish. Beats paying $66 every however often.
XR6Stu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2006, 12:19 AM   #6
FORD_KING!
Starter Motor

Just to let you know the genuine one costs $182 from FORD. This was for the Passenger front side which needed changing. Yeah mine started to make a noise too when it started to fail. out:
FORD_KING! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2006, 12:24 AM   #7
99FalconS
99FalconS

Thanks for the help with this i sort of assumed that it was stuffed but its always good to see what you all have to say.

How easy are these to replace by the way?
99FalconS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 01:56 PM   #8
iownaford
Starter Motor

Default Door Actuator

Hi...
I am having the same problem with my AUII Falcon. The rear door wont lock and makes a strange noise when the other doors lock.

How hard was it to replace you actuator..?

Thanks
ADAM.
iownaford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 03:21 PM   #9
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Take the door panel off, 4 screws. Take off the old actuator, bolt up the new one... that simple mate!
5tumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post