Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 04-02-2007, 11:32 AM   #91
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKC
What's a RBT? in my language that is a Random Breath Test.

and if you are talking about a Random Breath Test, you can only get done if you have been drinking.
I didn’t mean can get done for driving under the influence.

EAadam said “you drive according to the law then you should have no worries.”

So you can be stationary, minding your own business whilst getting a RBT and still get defected in a roadworthy car.

Then that puts "if your car is sweet and legit and you drive according to the law then you should have no worries." out the window.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2007, 11:57 AM   #92
Interceptor'85
Interceptin'

Welcome to the forums SDKC! Very interesting read, and great input.
'XA Muscle'

Interceptor'85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 01:20 AM   #93
SDKC
To punish and enslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
I didn’t mean can get done for driving under the influence.
You mean exceed the prescribed concentration of alcohol. : (only getting technical on you.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltdho
EAadam said “you drive according to the law then you should have no worries.”

So you can be stationary, minding your own business whilst getting a RBT and still get defected in a roadworthy car.

Then that puts "if your car is sweet and legit and you drive according to the law then you should have no worries." out the window.
I take it you have had another bad experience then?
SDKC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 01:22 AM   #94
SDKC
To punish and enslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrackers
we went past a boozer on bell st preston tonight, there was a camry in front of us swerving in and out of lanes, looked very much like a drunk driver, but the boozer was just packing up when we got there.. man those situations suck, just when you think someone is about to get what they deserve.. hopefully they didn't kill anyone.
At a guess would've been around midnight - 1am?

The TMU should've been around though. - (Bloody coppers.)
Old 06-02-2007, 01:27 AM   #95
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKC
At a guess would've been around midnight - 1am?

The TMU should've been around though. - (Bloody coppers.)
woulda been around that time yeah ;p I notice the boozers are working in tandem a lot lately - one each way, or one on the main rd, one in a nearby backstreet..
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 01:32 AM   #96
SDKC
To punish and enslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Rob
Yup. And let's get real here - part of effective community policing is an understanding and tolerance of not only cultural diversity, but social diversity, too. For your average ocker Aussie yob, who lives for the footy/cricket, his car and a smoke with his beer, "mate" is absolutely the best, most universal way to address someone. It's patently ridiculous to not take into account someone's social standing, or education level, or overall attitude when they call you "mate". To just conclude that because someone has called you "mate" that they are more deserving of copping a serve (or a ticket) from you is rubbish. We live in an egalitarian country. For many, mate is a totally appropriate form of address and, to be honest, doesn't even mean that they're trying to suggest you are great friends. So to put that spin on it is... well, wrong. I think it misses the point completely.
I'm not suggesting that just calling me (or any other copper) mate is going to result in a ticket. I cannot speak for any other coppers but myself, but I go by first impressions. I can understand that people that get intercepted are nervous and I allow for it. (Hell my stomach still does back-flips when I get intercepted.)

I don't know how to explain it. Maybe it's the overuse of the word mate. "C'mon mate, give me a warning." "Geez mate, I wasn't going that fast." "Mate, I do have a license, I left it at home."

It really is the way you say it. Kind of like what I said about sir. If you don't use it in a patronizing or sarcastic way, then I'm fine with it. It's the driver's that use "Mate" in a way that is them trying to be your friend.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:59 AM   #97
angelfury
right

Perhaps the use of "mate" is a bit on the familiar side. "Sir" or "Madam" in the wrong tone can be derogatory. The term "Officer" is both respectful and polite.
angelfury is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 02:42 AM   #98
BeStRaFe
lpg = big boom!

i have actually found all poice officers of recent time to be genuine decent folk.
previousally ~2 years ago when i was a red p-plater driving a vehicle that i admit was legal. but only just...
i had a problem with officers not taking fancy to me driving a hulking V8 with a verry verry loude exhaust and it was low enough to spark @ any shopping center carpark...
but now... cops have been pretty decent.... hell 99% of the time i get waved on from rbt's... and me sitting just a few km;s over... 2-3 they never even blink @ me..

police should only bother you when you are doing something BAD!!!
i thank SDKC for coming onto these forums and giving us useful advice..