Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-02-2007, 08:40 PM   #1
Mark One
A humorous statement

Default Rear window problem

Well my rear windows are manual, and the rear right window seems to get stuck up, when you wind it down it doesn't go down, until you put force on the window then it falls to where you wound it to. oh and my power front drivers window is very slow to go up.

S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
not using the search button makes the baby jesus cry.
Mark One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:41 PM   #2
Norton
Tuned by HPF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark One
Well my rear windows are manual, and the rear right window seems to get stuck up, when you wind it down it doesn't go down, until you put force on the window then it falls to where you wound it to. oh and my power front drivers window is very slow to go up.
Ivé seen this happen on a couple of cars. What happens is the glass either pulls out of the metal holder or the metal holder rusts and it pulls off it's bolts, the only way to find out is to remove the door trim.

As you wind the window up it works but does not hold the glass as it winds down.

Not a hard fix.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Norton
Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:02 PM   #3
Mark One
A humorous statement

Sounds about right to me, thanks.

S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
not using the search button makes the baby jesus cry.
Mark One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:40 AM   #4
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

As with the power front window being very slow to go up, i had this problem with mine too.
If it's anything like mine was ? , i had a huge buildup of old rubber (a strip about 5mm wide) all the way down the rear side of the front driver window (the part of the window closest to the centre pillar) , from where the window rubs on the rubber seal on its way up and down.
I cleaned the old rubber off the window and wiped over the rubber seals around the window with a cloth lighly vasalined (rejuvinate the seals a bit). It stoped the wind noise i was getting and the window now works full speed again too.
There could be other causes for your problem maybe ? , but this worked for me. cheers.

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote