Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-02-2007, 09:03 PM   #1
REDAUXR6II

Default Twin Exhaust tips

Hey All,

Well its time to replace the horrible exhaust tip on my XR6, now my question is would one of these fit?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/STAINLESS-STE...QQcmdZViewItem

and if not what twin tips would fit?

Glenn where did you get yours?

REDAUXR6II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2007, 09:34 PM   #2
HLC
Audi S3

just go down to any exhaust shop.

they normally have a catologue which shows all the tips that will fit an AU. just pick one and get them to fit it. should be like $50
Old 15-02-2007, 09:45 PM   #3
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

More like around $90...and they are not stainless either, but look like factory type.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2007, 10:11 PM   #4
Au2falcons
Winter all year round

The tips you show are to fit a 2 1/2" exhaust. The if you have a standard exhaust it is 2 1/4" so you will need to get the pipe flared.

I've recently fitted these (about $90-not stainless-diamond brand)

They were fitted to my 2 1/2" sports system, but that was a disaster so the stock system went back on. My stock after market system is 2 1/4" but from the diff back goes to 2 1/2" so I was able to re-use the tips. I got burned by the last exhaust shop so I did it myself. I used a couple of rivets the position the tip on the car, then removed the rear section, tack welded, removed rivets and fully weld it on. Magic! But i've got an IRS rear end so the exhaust is easily removed.

Recommend trading with Mechan1k, Offyaguts, EDMONTY, PhantomXR8, HOTC2R, Partie & JC
Au2falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2007, 11:21 PM   #5
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you go for stainless rather than chrome expect to pay around $115-125.
You can get them slightly offset, to match the lines of the bumper, or so that the two are the same length, if that makes sense. The offset ones are like myself and HLC have. AU2falcons above seems to have the straight across ones.
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 10:45 AM   #6
fipcee
not so stock

I have recently put on stainless steel twin tips on my XR6, they are actually angled down, IMO they look fine, cost me $85.00 when I got the 2 1/2" zorst put on. They were more expensive if I chose to buy them without the zorst..I think $115.00.
Liquid silver AUIII XR6, BA scuff plates with Tickford inserts, proudly displaying AU falcon.com stickers, lowered, K&N panel filter with wide mouth snorkle, 2 1/2 exhaust and hi flo cat, Illusion mags, slotted and drilled rotors.
Next mods: extractors
fipcee is offline   Reply With Quote