Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 16-04-2005, 04:44 PM   #1
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Default Oh what a night...

Ok all, this is long but the story has to be told, cos there is someone who is a nice person (who kinda pops up on these forums now and then) and deserves a bit of recognition.

Here goes:

Last night around 11pm I was driving towards Sydney through Penrith when the EA started mucking up. I wasn't sure what was wrong until I turned off the music and had a good listen and feel... to hear/feel the gearbox slipping slightly. So I decided to ease it to the servo just up the road a bit.

By the time I got to the lights to turn into the driveway, the gearbox was whining and I was panicked as my light went green and a shuddering noise ripped through the car. I eased off completely, waiting for the inevitable stall and me trying to push the bugger over three lanes. Thankfully she just eased round the corner and into the servo, where I parked her and jumped out, flipping up the bonnet quick.

Check the fluid, totally bone dry. I'm like, where did it go???!!! Lots of elaborate swear words came out of my mouth, and I even shocked myself lol.

Then I think... I call the hubby, he's p*ssed off that whenever I seem to get in his car something goes wrong lol, like I'm some kind of jinx. I just told him the Ford hates me I told him I would call Chris (Spider GT) and see if he was around to help me, cos he lives close by. Next person on the list was gonna be Brent (Brent EA Ghia).

Chris says yeah sure, hold on I'll be over soon. He arrives, my knight in shining ripped t-shirt and trackie daks, and we discuss the issue. Buy some trans fluid from the servo, and put most of it in. Idle the car, go through the gears, check the level. Barely anything. Put the rest in, and as it's idling we go to his car cos he was showing me all the wonderful stuff he's done to it... (yuuuuumy, superlows). I look back at the car after 30 seconds to find the words "Holy f*&k" escaping my lips... there was trans fluid just pouring out from under the car. Turn engine off, swear more.

Chris gets under the car, I looksie and he says "torque convertor". He offers me a lift home cos by this time it's after midnight.

Today hubby, dad and I get down to the car and arrange for my pals at the wrecker to tow it to them and put in another box.

SO just a big official thanks to Chris for donning his Superman suit and coming to my rescue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2005, 07:08 PM   #2
LUXO_8
windsor user

damn, hope it doesnt cost you too much. you dont have a great deal of luck with the falcon..........

hope its fix0red soon
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2005, 07:38 PM   #3
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Must've been your lucky night through an unlucky event
I'm not sure which is worse- a stuffed clutch or a stuffed torque converter...
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2005, 08:00 PM   #4
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggoggs
Must've been your lucky night through an unlucky event
I'm not sure which is worse- a stuffed clutch or a stuffed torque converter...
LOL, they're both the same amount of work to fix
detach box from engine, remove clutch / torque verter, replace, replace box....

doh.;
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2005, 08:33 PM   #5
JUZXR8
Hmmmmm

lol....thats the same prob my sis just had with her car.....as with u guys....lots af swearing
JUZXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2005, 09:15 PM   #6
FordFan86
meow

I had a similar thing happen, was going out to a solo night performace for school (1st solo thingy i had to do so was already nervous) pull out onto the main road, notice a small shudder, all fairly straight line driving from there. pull the last right hand turn and the steering seems very sluggish, this aint right... couple of km up the road i go to pull into the servo (where i work) uh oh, no power steering, only jsut manage to avoid the gas bullet. phone call "umm dad, the cars broken" lol (is an EA wagon hahaha)
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2005, 08:14 AM   #7
bindi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
damn, hope it doesnt cost you too much. you dont have a great deal of luck with the falcon..........

hope its fix0red soon
Yeah I know what you mean. It seems like that car hates me, I swear (yes Dave (Thanatos), that's a very "chick" thing to say hey e ). But my issue is that I have to try and win her over cos I am inheriting her this year! Any suggestions? :nutsycuck I mean she keeps giving me crap. When the engine died last year, I was driving...

Anyway, we discussed our options with the wrecker and I even tried for a 5 speed lol, but we need the car quick so we're just getting another 3 speed put in for now. $350 installed is not too bad, and while they're there I'm getting them to do a cpl of other things. We pick it up Tuesday.

This car is really getting hard to get into a decent state, cos we're trying to get on top of the bills, the dryer died, and the washing machine's on it's way out. I was hoping the Ford would just be able to wait just a cpl of more months, but I suppose it's the k's hubby does that is speeding up the issues and she's just screaming for the attention she needs.

Oh God, next it's rego! :

Quote:
Old 18-04-2005, 08:46 AM   #8
bindi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFan86
phone call "umm dad, the cars broken"
Yeah James, been there, still doing that (at serious times)...

Quote: