Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-03-2007, 07:24 PM   #1
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Electronic rust prevention

G'day all, I live in Pt Lincoln so am basically surrounded by salt water on 3 sides. Because of this I'm looking at fitting electronic rust prevention to the wagon so it doesn't die the death of a thousand rust holes prematurely and would like to know if anyone on the forum has fitted one to their pride and joy and what are your opinions on the various systems out there. It's a pretty good chunk of change out of my limited budget so I want to get it right first time. Any input would be most gratefully recieved.

Cheers
Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 08:41 PM   #2
eXi7w0unD

my bros hilux has the erp system it works fine, he drives it on the beach etc, and after gives it a wash and its all good. i never new how it worked either
Old 01-03-2007, 08:46 PM   #3
Kryton

i made a thread about this a fair while ago.
ill let you draw your own conclusions.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...lectronic+rust
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 08:59 PM   #4
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I used to work underground and one of the 100 series crusiers had an electronic rps fitted, it has 13,000k on it and the sills were rusted through. These are pretty extreme conditions but 13k is f'all.
RIPGMH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 10:15 PM   #5
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Thanks for your input everyone. And Davway, that other thread sure is emotive and there was a few differing opinions as well as some heated exchanges but I don't know if I'm any the wiser :

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 11:05 PM   #6
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

My mate lives on the beachfront ( in the big white double story house opposite the mordialloc pier ). Himself , his father , and his father before him have lived there all their life and still swear by the old method of having all trims removed , and have all the insides of the door panels and panels sprayed with a kinda fish oil i think it is ( i know its an oil ), and also a few small zinc blocks stuck to the insides of the panels here and there. They recon the car stinks for about a month after having it done, but the smell eventually goes away.

But....the proof is in the pudding, I've never seen a drop of rust on any of their cars that have had this done to them. cheers.

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2007, 06:29 AM   #7
SVR73
Mr Polish

Fish oil or lanolin spray is what I would use. Can't say anything good or bad about ERP as have never had it done.
Must lube up my car again with some lanolin
Old 04-03-2007, 06:06 PM   #8
AUTickford
XD197

Only cost 100 bucks or 200 for the beachcomber special{fitted to lifesaver utes etc]Apparently there have been 5000 plus sold in queensland, so the ad said in the quokka.They are made for 4wds
AUTickford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post