Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-03-2007, 02:44 AM   #61
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA_BOSS
Still not entrapment as you have a choice, cop it sweet or possibly cop it for smoking em' up.

A better example might be that they force you to pull over in a signed No Standing Zone and then proceed to book you for Standing in a No Standing Zone. You didn't have any choice.

Slightly off topic but I know someone who failed their driving test because they were instructed to do this by the RTA examiner and did so. Examiner's words were "shouldn't have stopped there". : Part of the test....
At our local RTA office , learners have to use the carpark at the rear of the building to start their test , as you pull out of the carpark there's a "Stop" sign , I wouldn't like to guess how many kids have failed just leaving the carpark .

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 02:54 AM   #62
XF Falcon
[FORCED]

Haha that story reminds me of the exit out of the Warwick licensing centre here in Perth... there was an exit back onto the road which was 2 lanes wide.
Apparently if you went in the left side and turned right they could fail you immediately
Dunno how true it was, but i made sure i stuck to the correct side
Old 03-03-2007, 03:21 AM   #63
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by I FluXx I
sure you where in WA? You wernt on drugs and thought you where in WA? I never seen cops with a ute. And cops havnt had V8's over here for almost 10 years.
Well, I don't know if I am talking to my senior or my junior here, but I can assure you that the 2 XR8s (yes, our WA cops drive Fords now) in HWP liveries up my way in Swan Valley/Bindoon Drag have got V8's under the hood :P
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 04:43 AM   #64
satria
FOXWHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee
Well i figured if they're sneaky enough to be in a black SS ute, Y would they be in uniform, but if thats what Ur saying then OK it must have been.
it was like 3am, impossible to see throught their dark tints. The next night when they were parked on the side of the road the red light made the interior alot more visible.

Definately a cop car and DEFINATELY a ss ute!
satria is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 05:09 AM   #65
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by satria
it was like 3am, impossible to see throught their dark tints. The next night when they were parked on the side of the road the red light made the interior alot more visible.

Definately a cop car and DEFINATELY a ss ute!
How long ago was this?

Performance mods: SL's(front) and leveled at the back, Front 30mm whiteline sway bar, 4" dump, 4" cat, 3.5" exhaust split to Dual 2.5" with quad tips, Plazmaman stage 1 polished intercooler and piping kit, 60lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, upgraded actuator, GFB BOV, K&N panel filter

Mods for show: 19" black Speedy Inferno rims, MTX 5x7's front and rear, 2x Kenwood 4ch amps, 3x Kenwood 10" subs, chrome fuse box cover
I FluXx I is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 09:47 AM   #66
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by I FluXx I
sure you where in WA? You wernt on drugs and thought you where in WA? I never seen cops with a ute. And cops havnt had V8's over here for almost 10 years.
The helicopter footage shown on TV last year where they caught a motorcyclist in WA with the aid of the chopper. It was infra red footage so not beautifully clear, but when the motorcyclist gave up and parked it up, the car that eventually catches up to him and screeches to a halt before two guys ambled out and cuffed him was clearly a ute, there was no question.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:35 AM   #67
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx3dude
Big motor+teeny car = fun ??
1100 kg and lots of hp . what do you think
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 12:11 PM   #68
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Victorian Cops Dont need to bait , one saturday Night on the Prince Highway gives them their Quota for the week ..

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 09:54 PM   #69
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8
Ditto it makes me crazy.

Good discussion, good spelling, good grammer, makes for a good forum !!

Am I a nerd or what ?

If you're going to be correcting people on spelling, make sure you get it right yourself mate!

The word is grammar!!!

Also, your punctuation is incorrect. It should come directly after the last word.

Now back on topic, if the guys are stupid enough to get baited, they deserve to get fined.
5tumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 10:19 PM   #70
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In my younger days I would have taken the bait. I was cruising around Narooma at 3am a while back when a car came flying up behind me with the high beams on. He sat on my tailgate for probably 5 clicks then on went the lights. Licence check, quick look over the car, breathe test, and a bit of questioning. Once I explained I was going fishing he told me where I could get a good fish. Ended up with two snapper, all good.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 10:24 PM   #71
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have been baited...Sorta. A few years back I thought I was dragging a Commodore. We took off at the lights and we were picking up a bit of speed when the passengers electric window wound down and I saw a guy with a Police badge on his shoulder and he had his suprised eybrows on. I looked ahead and the two lanes were merging into one - He was just mearly speeding up to get in front of me, whilst I was speeding up to 'try' to kick his ****.
Result; Defect Notice.

I have also heard a story, dunno if its myth but it must have happened some where. That a guy was driving his work car and his phone rang. He picked it up and it was the police following behind him and they told him to pull over as he has been caught using his mobile phone whilst driving!

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 10:33 PM   #72
Jamesbondage

I got baited just last week on the M7 in Sydney....now dont get me wrong here i love a bit of a race especially against skylines..lucky for me i had my missus in the passenger seat and she told me not to race this clown so i sat on the speed limit and laughed at him..ok that made things worse and eventually he sped away in all his glory..but i did the right thing i still have a licence he most likely does'nt hahaha
Jamesbondage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 11:05 PM   #73
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

Are they baiting because they want to raise revenue or are they baiting because they are bored???? Me thinks the latter!!!!!!
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 12:07 AM   #74
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
The helicopter footage shown on TV last year where they caught a motorcyclist in WA with the aid of the chopper. It was infra red footage so not beautifully clear, but when the motorcyclist gave up and parked it up, the car that eventually catches up to him and screeches to a halt before two guys ambled out and cuffed him was clearly a ute, there was no question.
The infra red only picks up heat, what you saw was on the TV was a ute with a pod on the back which wouldn't have shown up on the IR because its fibreglass or whatever and had no heat in it.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 01:53 PM   #75
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

That's exactly what it looked like, and you could even see the pod on the footage.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:31 AM   #76
20focus05
I wanna XR5

Quote:
Originally Posted by normxb
At our local RTA office , learners have to use the carpark at the rear of the building to start their test , as you pull out of the carpark there's a "Stop" sign , I wouldn't like to guess how many kids have failed just leaving the carpark .
I have seen this in other places I have heard that because the sign is on private property (ie woolies carpark) it does not come under the road rules??
20focus05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2007, 01:22 PM   #77
X000BOSS
I12 GO FASTER

i would absolutely hate to be baited by them. they would be in for a surprise and i would be in a **** load of trouble. when morons drive like that around me they normally end up with something thrown at their windscreen! i hate being tailgated. maybe i should think for an extra 2 seconds before i react in the future. :
Old 08-03-2007, 03:24 PM   #78
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20focus05
I have seen this in other places I have heard that because the sign is on private property (ie woolies carpark) it does not come under the road rules??
Nope. You would still fail for it. The thing that really sucks is that they don't tell you. You still have to do the whole test.
My friend did hers 6 times. Failed for similar things each time.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2007, 03:55 PM   #79
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Around 1AM on a midsummer Sunday (a few years back) I was heading home from the usual inner city hang out in the V8 Chrysler Centura I owned at the time, when I pulled up at a red light, alongside a plain black commodore SS.

Within a few seconds I hear a couple of of reasonable revs from the commodore (hadn't even looked up at this stage as I was minding my own business, tired, and too busy enjoying my music). Without looking around I very loudly stated...."Dream on ya f*#%&in' ****er!".

The reply was "I beg your pardon driver?"

At that point I looked in the open passenger front window, saw the badge on his sleeve, stared him straight in the eye and said "I've already embarassed my quota of dreamers for the night....and none of them could book me".

He smiled, the light went green and I allowed him to pull away very casually in front of me.
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2007, 03:57 PM   #80
Wally
XP Coupe

Cops here in Qld tailgated my son in the black of night on a winding road which ended up with my teenage son panicking and car running off the road. They then used that as an excuse to search the car. Finding nothing they simply drove off.

Prison may be the College of Crime, but I have my suspicions it doesn't have a monopoly on schooling.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2007, 04:50 PM   #81
Homer1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive been tailgated severely on the freeway a few times by cops (thought this was illegal, stupid and dangerous...even for cops), trying to get me to overspeed to increase the gap. I never fall for it though....if they hit me by being too close its thier fault!
Homer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post