Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 10-03-2007, 11:19 AM   #1
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default T5 Conversion - Update

Well it seems that my head gasket problem has gotten worse. So bad that the car probably wouldnt run well as an auto very well.

I have finished my resistor pack, with three resistors in a loop (4.7k S5, 12k Gear Position (D), 15k temperature) and six resistors to earth. 5 27ohm and 1 33ohm. These are for solenoids 1-4, 6, and 7 (7 is the 33 ohm). Earth is connected to the engine, as it previously ran to the gearbox. And the car ran marginally better, but still idles rough as guts.

I cannot check the fault codes, as I don't have small enough spade terminals to join things, and I don't have a test light or multimeter with alligator clips.

The gearshift boot also won't arrive until monday/tuesday from melbourne.

The main problem is not what I have or havent done with the conversion, but the head gasket. At low loads it is creating a missfire, which the computer reads as lean, and shoves a lot more fuel in. I believe that might be the cause of some of the rough running.

In short, although my car is now a lot more enjoyable to drive, it really needs a lot more work to be useable...

So any results I put up in my T5 conversion guide are likely to be affected by my head gasket issue...

cya
Ben

BLSTIC is offline   Reply With Quote