Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-03-2007, 04:37 PM   #1
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Has anyone seen the 5th gear episode, where they test 3 small cars?

Well I have seen this episode ages ago and it was on last night with a replay today. The episode featured an awsome gt40 replica but that is for another topic .

During the episode they test 3 small cars to see which car is europes best cheap car. The cars were a kia picanto, toyota Igo and a VW fox.

The cars were tested on economy with the kia coming on top.

Then the cars were given the styling test and the toyota was the winner

The final test was a handling the test and again the toyota came up tops.

Now it was a great idea for a test and comparison but I can't believe the guy they chose for the style test. He made a comment about the kia or foxes interior looking too much like everything else and even commented about how the dash looked similar too his mercedes. how can you say that and give it a really bad mark but then award the toyota with its mismatched interior?. he said it was funky. What a load of crap.

I'd like the opinion of everyone who has seen that episode and what they thought. Imo the toyota was the best because it came second in the econmy side and handling was well above the rest but style wise it was too curvey and the interior looked like a toy car next to the vw and the kia.

Old 13-03-2007, 05:05 PM   #2
Force6

I think the GQ Editor guy's main point was the uniqueness of the Toyota Aygo, it didn't look like your run of the mill small car (a la Pecanto).

I can't say I like the Aygo's styling very much at all but it seems to be quite a decent car... but decent enough to fill the parking spot next to a RR Phantom?
Force6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2007, 05:51 PM   #3
Mongoose
Can't go around corners

LOL! i just watched that episode like 3 hours ago on the lifestyle channel! but yea i have to disgree with the dude who thinks the aygo looks the best, looks very erm japanese i guess. Bit like the smart car. I didnt liek the kia one bit, and the VW just looked like another small car. But i still reckon the best small car there ever was and will always be the MINI COOPER!!!!!!!!!
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2007, 06:03 PM   #4
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I liked the fox I think it was just the colour. if it was a nice silver it would have looked alot more classier. I understand how the guy was making the point of it being unique but in my eyes that unique wasn't good. The interior looked shocking and I only think he made that one the winner because he looked at it last.

Which car did he say looked like his mercedes inside and said that was bad because it wasn't individual? Why wasn't the fiesta in the range?