Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 16-03-2007, 02:54 PM   #1
EF_II_XR6
LUKE

Default My new beast EF XR6

Just got my first car last night! Its mad... rare EF XR6 manual, extreme clutch, 2.5" lukey exauhst system, pod filter, massive 17" ROH mags, Sony xplode head unit and speakers (needs sub lol) after market disc brakes, and Pedders sport low ryders bearly legal lol! Got it dropped from $7990 to $6500.. Im extremly happy with the car. Have a look and see what you think. I took the photos with my phone so hopefully there ok :P
Cheers guys!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg P03-15-07_19.08.jpg (106.6 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg P03-15-07_19.00.jpg (71.6 KB, 86 views)
EF_II_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 03:03 PM   #2
bentles
Banned

for those interested they are ROH blades and i think they will be on hub adaptors, not sure tho
bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 03:53 PM   #3
infusion

how many kms?
infusion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 04:28 PM   #4
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

No im pretty sure those ROH came in Pre AU offset as I had a choice between those and ROH "RT's" when I bought wheels for my old EL a couple of years ago. They suit smaller cars better, but for a first car that is a great pickup! I'd like to know the exact rarity of 5 speed manual XR's as I have one and was told that, yet all the EF/L XR's I see on sale are all 5 speed's! Well down mate I hope u enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine! Definately much wiser at your age then when I was that age (ea gli auto)!
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
XR6TickfordBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 04:57 PM   #5
EF_II_XR6
LUKE

cheers mate Yer all I see in the EF - EL's is autos lol.. finally after a while i found one :P umm shes done around 219,000 kms.. country driven.. its good though, its got a new rebuilt engine.. which is very smooth and strong.. need to get used to the heavy duty clutch when changing gears... lol
Old 16-03-2007, 05:05 PM   #6
335JET
@jas_23_

great pick up mate, you say you got a heavy clutch, keep an eye on your fire wall cause the clutch cable is known to pull through, mine did, seeing your car has over 200,000 it may have already happened and been fixed up too never happen again.
335JET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 05:09 PM   #7
EF_II_XR6
LUKE

Cheers mate.. ahh i didnt know about that happening but thanks for the advice Cant wait to take it on some cruises in SA, been on some before with mates and had an awsome time!
Old 16-03-2007, 05:20 PM   #8
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

From my experience lookout for the clutch cable over the firewall! If the clutch is hard to push in or u have trouble putting it into gear get your clutch cable looked at! My EL XR had 230,000 when I bought it and got an engine rebuild and drives smooth as, but thinking everything was sweet, the clutch cable was rooted, and it took til I couldn't get it into gear before i sought help and fixed the problem! Just don't push the clutch down too hard and ur firewall should be sweet!
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
XR6TickfordBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 06:07 PM   #9
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

normal heavy duty extreme clutches are pretty light.. maybe your clutch cable is on the way out, or your firewall is cracked..

Check them out.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 07:12 PM   #10
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Good find mate. Very nice. Why has it got a rebuilt engine with after only around 220,000 kms ?
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 07:30 PM   #11
Obriza
Banned

hey my engine was rebuilt at 50,000kms... They rebuilt the whole thing when they supercharged it
Obriza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 07:46 PM   #12
alesia
Banned

you better be aware of police with that illegal ride height and those huge rims.

Nice car, take care of it.
alesia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 08:44 PM   #13
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nothing beats those EFII's hey?

Nice car mate. What a steal!

These have got to be the best value for money second hand buys you get at the moment.
FalconXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 08:47 PM   #14
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obriza
hey my engine was rebuilt at 50,000kms... They rebuilt the whole thing when they supercharged it
Thats cos it was being supercharged. Of course if ya gonna supercharge its best to start with a fresh motor. Maybe my question shouldve been "What happened to the motor in order for it to be rebuilt at 220,000ks".
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 10:18 PM   #15
EF_II_XR6
LUKE

To be honest i got no idea man.. but yer ill for sure get the firewall / cables checked out ay.. yer im a bit worried about it though... also i need rear discs and pads replaced.. lol worn a bit .. front are all good though So all up need to spend some money here and there.
Old 17-03-2007, 12:56 PM   #16
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXR6
Nothing beats those EFII's hey?

Nice car mate. What a steal!

These have got to be the best value for money second hand buys you get at the moment.
Definantly agree, you get a lot of car for the money.

Prices seem to fluctuate a lot though i sold mine last month to the first guy that called up for 11k.
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 02:24 PM   #17
MrFlibbles
ill have a beer milkshake

nice buy, id buy another at that price! If only to prise the missus out of mine! look forward to seeing it around the place!
1969 Isuzu Florian
1976 Chev luv (really its just a rebadged Isuzu!)
1980 Isuzu KB 4x4
MrFlibbles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 03:37 PM   #18
EF_II_XR6
LUKE

lol haha cheers guys.. yer im pumped for the next cruise. Just on the subject when do you think the next SA cruise will be? :P