Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 20-03-2007, 04:43 PM   #1
jpb84
Manual XR8

Default Time to go EL XR8 Manual

Hi Guys Need some advice.

I am about to get a company car and am thinking i might sell the XR8. What do you think i would get for it.

It is regency red, Manual XR8 Plated 10/97 first rego'd 1998. Strong motor and gear box. Body prob needs $1500 spent on body to make it very nice done 200,000km just ticked over. full body kit with gt bonnet scoop i have always ran it on preimum 98 octane

i need some ideas of price to see if it is worth selling or not.

Oh Yeah i forgot to add that it is a EL2 Series 2 185kw motor

GUTS - Is arriving home late after a night out with the guys, being met by your wife with a broom, and having the guts to ask: "Are you still cleaning, or are you flying somewhere?"
BALLS - Is coming home late after a night out with the guys, smelling of perfume and beer, lipstick on your collar, slapping your wife on the butt and having the balls to say: "You're next."

Last edited by jpb84; 20-03-2007 at 04:55 PM.
jpb84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 04:58 PM   #2
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

It sounds good. I think it would be worth $9,000 - $10,000 easy buddy. Good luck with it. What company car are you getting?
Blueprint, 19" FG2 XR6 Luxo Rims, Momo Steering Wheel, XR8 Bonnet Buldge, Full Leather, 3.7 Typhoon Diff Gears, Force Lip Spoiler, De-badged, Ghia Boot Garnish, Pedders Adjustable Coil- Overs And Camber Kit

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)
Gunmetal Grey, 19" Typhoon Copies, Tickford Body Kit, Pedders Sports Ryders With Shortened Shocks And Camber Kit, Full S/S Difilipo Exhaust With Matching Extractors

mark_TD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 05:14 PM   #3
jpb84
Manual XR8

dunno yet

GUTS - Is arriving home late after a night out with the guys, being met by your wife with a broom, and having the guts to ask: "Are you still cleaning, or are you flying somewhere?"
BALLS - Is coming home late after a night out with the guys, smelling of perfume and beer, lipstick on your collar, slapping your wife on the butt and having the balls to say: "You're next."

Last edited by jpb84; 20-03-2007 at 05:49 PM.
Old 20-03-2007, 05:17 PM   #4
niko
likes falcon's

a clean example is worth 11-12 on the private market, i was researching them not long ago.

ef and el xr8 5spd
Old 20-03-2007, 05:38 PM   #5
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Well, it probably doesn't help me knowing how much you paid for it..

Good luck with the sale.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 06:22 PM   #6
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Thought it looked familiar!
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 06:27 PM   #7
niko
likes falcon's

el2? in that case isn't it worth close to 20?
Old 20-03-2007, 07:02 PM   #8
SrsIIE8
Blue blooded rev head

Not worth close to $20k. straight srsIIs with low k's still go for $15,000 to $16,500 but apparantly there startin to go up in value cause there the last of the e-series and the first 8's with a bit of grunt for a while. I paid 15,000k for my srs2 manual stock as a rock, factory sunroof, 1 owner, 99,000 on the clock. got 125 on the clock now and lookin at the market could prob fetch $17000k for it now no sweat, not that we'll ever part. with 200 on the clock i reckon you'll get 10 to 12 if your patient and she's looked after.

Dynamic White EL Srs2 XR8 5spd, factory sunroof, 2 1/2 cat back, lightened race ready flywheel

3 x Mk2 Cortina's, One with K-Mac fully adjustable's, Nolathane bushes, Celica 5spd, Bored and polished to about 1900, Twin 45mm side drapht webber's, Custom woodgrain dash, + a few more goodies
SrsIIE8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 07:08 PM   #9
Christiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
el2? in that case isn't it worth close to 20?
Are you a bit sad that I got a great price for my car? Jealous much?

Yeh 10 - 12 looks right..
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Old 20-03-2007, 07:33 PM   #10
niko
likes falcon's

they give finance to anyone these days though, what's to be jealous about?
Old 20-03-2007, 07:40 PM   #11
Christiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
they give finance to anyone these days though, what's to be jealous about?
No, i'm saying, you jealous that I owned an EL2 XR8 for a year and it cost me $0 ? I paid back the loan in it's entirity and covered all repair costs with the final price i got for my XR8 when i sold it.

So I don't know what you're on about ..
Old 20-03-2007, 08:07 PM   #12
niko
likes falcon's

and i'm saying i don't care...you ripped a nice skid once in the wet, other than that your car was just a ford..lol
Old 20-03-2007, 08:08 PM   #13
jpb84
Manual XR8

i am still deciding what to do as i know it needs a little work and i have already done some on it from when i brought it.

I got it for a pretty good price at the time so it is not really going to worry ,me to much if i just park it in the shed for a couple years and do it up. but......

i dunno still deciding.

Old 20-03-2007, 08:09 PM   #14
jpb84
Manual XR8

i love driving it which isn't helping me make the decision either

Old 20-03-2007, 08:13 PM   #15
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Flip a coin.

Its only a car.

+ it has yagz germs : lol
Old 20-03-2007, 08:45 PM   #16
walker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If u work at gorells I no the car and I would keep it.....U will regret it when its gone

XE project underway
walker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 12:31 AM   #17
jpb84
Manual XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker
If u work at gorells I no the car and I would keep it.....U will regret it when its gone
I know i would that is why i am so undesided

Old 21-03-2007, 09:01 AM   #18
Christiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
Flip a coin.

Its only a car.

+ it has yagz germs : lol
It's not my old car.. It's the cheap one from ebay.
Old 21-03-2007, 06:06 PM   #19
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$9k if the body and wheels are how i remember it.

Could walways aks say 11k and see how you go...
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 09:31 PM   #20
jpb84
Manual XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58
It's not my old car.. It's the cheap one from ebay.

but it has had a fair bit of cleaning and tuning and new parts fixed on it.
I still have a laugh every known and then about the power he quoted

Old 22-03-2007, 01:59 PM   #21
honer
Back to N/A land

Sold mine a few weeks ago for 12

98 EL2/Man/160k
honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post