Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-03-2007, 09:09 AM   #1
james22
With da Warlords

Default I6 Falcon Clutch

Hi all.

Well my old car (Mrs Car now) is finally up for a new clutch. It's no surprise after the flogging I gave it, then she learn't how to drive a manual in it, so after 151,000 kays its finally bit the bullet.

I ran a search, but didn't find much on clutches. So a couple of questions

1) What exactly am I after? Do I need a entire kit, or just a new pressure plate etc (need info on clutch so i can find suitable replacement)

2) Where can I buy clutch kits? (some websites etc)

3) What other parts/extras are required? (transmission fluid etc)

4) Anything i'm missing : ?

It doesn't need to be anything special, It is now just a run-around car and no longer spends on time on track, and the pedal should feel relatively light for the mrs.

Thanks for the assistance.

James

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2007, 11:32 AM   #2
stiddy
Banned

Daiken Excedy Organic clutch kit, comes with clutch and pressure plate, the flywheel should be machined before the new clutch goes in, and yes you may aswell change the trans fluid while the box is out. And do the gear lever bushes. (few dollars from ford).

The daiken excedy clutch is a heavy duty item, but the pedal feel is lighter than stock. It was my first replacement, cost $550 fitted. Took 2 years of constant abuse on and off the track before it started to let go, now I have a brass button lol.

Most retail stores like autobarn, repco, supercheap auto can order them in, even most mechanical workshops can get them in.

I highly recommend the Daiken Excedy heavy duty organic.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2007, 11:36 AM   #3
bomber
Banned

try www.tweakit.com.au I got my Xtreme HD clutch kit from them cost around $390 delivered. Got my fly wheel machined for $40 took about 3 to 4 hours start to finish
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2007, 12:40 PM   #4
james22
With da Warlords

Ok, sounds good. But which one do I need. Can you give me a size or something to work with?

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2007, 12:50 PM   #5
stiddy
Banned

Size of?

Just tell them its a T5 box, I think the clutch plate and clutch is 8-8.5 inches. But you shouldnt have to go to that depth.

Just ask for a clutch kit (clutch plate, pressure plate and thrust bearing) of your choice to suit a T5 in Falcon.. and they will order it in for you.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2007, 05:56 PM   #6
bomber
Banned

This is the one I got in the XR

http://www.tweakit.net/shop/product_...oducts_id=2599
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2007, 06:48 PM   #7
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if its not included in the kit i`d put a spigot bearing in as well (the one in the end of the crank) .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post