Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-03-2007, 12:42 AM   #1
Hords
Treasure your balls?

Default B Pillar Covers

G'day All,

Does anyone know if those (matt) black B pillar covers are removeable? Mine, like most AUs have crappy (chipped) trailing edges. If they are removable, does anyone have a procedure?

Thanks

Old 23-03-2007, 09:47 AM   #2
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Im interested in this one as well, any one replaced them as my B Pillar covers have stratches and chips out of them.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2007, 11:48 AM   #3
bomber
Banned

Yep can do there is a black cover over the bolt holding the seat belt in at the bottom of the bpiller take it off undo the bolt think its a torx 50 that ya need. Then you pull back the top part of the bpiller trim its just clipped in then do the same for the lower trim its clipped in aswell. Put it all back on int the revers order.

Cheers
Mark
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2007, 01:47 PM   #4
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think they're referring to the exterior B pillar cover bomber. Mine has a little dent in it, and I can't see any way to get it off, so any advice here would be good for me too. Cheers, Matt.
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2007, 02:33 PM   #5
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

woops guess im on the same wavelength as bomber, i was refering to the interior plastic trim.

Hords wants to know about the exterior door trim, i cant see that being removable, if think its part of the car.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2007, 05:43 PM   #6
Burley
CRE.87V

mines the same....pull it off....i think its just some sort of double sided tape...or even just go to ford have a look at the new ones....they will show u how they mount on so u can do the reversal
Burley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2007, 05:50 PM   #7
bomber
Banned

Ahh ok the exterior ones are actually glued on with a highstrength silcon textured type glue.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2007, 07:31 PM   #8
Hords
Treasure your balls?

Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like any repairs/touch-ups will have to be done in-situ.
Old 24-03-2007, 04:26 PM   #9
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

There are hold in by 2 discs ... that slot in to a plastic mould.

One of mine is broken (common issue) ... and flaps about ... also held in b a dab of silicon as well ... I need to replace both of mine on the ute .. but haven't bother with it.

I took my driver's side one off to have a look at it ... from memory to remove they slide up and out. A bit of gente force may be needed though.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post