Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-04-2007, 02:13 PM   #1
JoesAu

Default Guys my car still is'nt rite!

Well my car hasnt been running rite for ages, today pulled the rocker cover checked cam timing again everything is spot on The car is running really rich, it idles well just every 30-40seconds the idle on the car just starts hunting the engine is shaking in its mounts it nearly stalls. I dont know anymore i'll be taking it to a shop this week i think. I got a feeling theres a problem with the computer but i dont know what it could possibly be, maybe my car needs a chip even thou others have had this cam with no problems and crow told me it doesnt need a chip. I got the vernier gear last week but havent put it in cos i think the cam is fine its something else. I dont know, i changed the oxy with my old one that didnt help, i will buy a new one this week but i find it hard to believe that will fix the problem

JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2007, 05:11 PM   #2
chief
FTF Club Moderator

My car was running pig rich and coughing and spluttering and a new oxy sensor fixed the problem. $69 for a new bosche sensor.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2007, 05:24 PM   #3
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

Do you have air con???
Is it on or off?? If ON, turn it OFF and see what happens. Could be the compressor kicking in and out.
GTpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2007, 09:32 AM   #4
JoesAu

well im hearing most cams are running at advanced timing so im going for adv+2 degrees and i'll c what happens, i have a funny feeling its gonna fix it.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:45 AM   #5
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Just go the edit, that'll fix everything right up.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2007, 09:03 AM   #6
The Mighty Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
My car was running pig rich and coughing and spluttering and a new oxy sensor fixed the problem. $69 for a new bosche sensor.
Is the O2 sensor in the exhaust system ? if so where did you get one for $69? I have been quoted $300 from Ford and $175 at Repco, mine fell out and bounced along the road for about $10k , i didnt realised what it was i thought i had holed the exhaust.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:31 AM   #7
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our Blue XR6
Is the O2 sensor in the exhaust system ? if so where did you get one for $69? I have been quoted $300 from Ford and $175 at Repco, mine fell out and bounced along the road for about $10k , i didnt realised what it was i thought i had holed the exhaust.
ebay.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:08 AM   #8
The Mighty Red

Damn I love this forum, i didnt even think of ebay, thanks mate you just saved me a packet.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GENUINE-FORD-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 10-04-2007, 06:02 PM   #9
Mr_4.0
What Wheelspin?

joey you cam needs to be dailed in. its needs to be at 2 degrees advanced. not 0 degrees. once you put your vernier on, it should be fine. 2 degrees makes a big difference. also, ur oxy will now be stuffed, and your spark plugs will have fouled.

2003 BA Xr6 Turbo (Atomic Long, DTM auto, Nizpro stage2 kit, eaton truetrac, E85, HeadsexTuned)
Mr_4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2007, 06:18 PM   #10
LO_ GHIA
cruisin

Get rid of the cam mate, unless you get the thing retuned. My brother had major troubles with his cam, never ran right. Even with an adjustable cam gear it ran like shizzle. Lots of places we spoke to said there was buckleys chance of getting the stage 1 crow cam to work with the standard ecu.
LO_ GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2007, 06:18 PM   #11
The Monty
Just slidin'

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...._promot_widget

Are these the right ones? If so, Im getting one.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:42 PM   #12
JoesAu

yeah i will get rid of it if this doesnt work
Old 10-04-2007, 08:32 PM   #13
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...._promot_widget

Are these the right ones? If so, Im getting one.
yes, that's the right one
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2007, 06:50 PM   #14
JoesAu

well the cam has been advanced 3 degrees and what can i say, 3rd cyclinder lifter is screaming all off a sudden, idle piked up a little but still it goes into this mode where it dumps a bit of fuel in and idles like a dog, its almost like its on 5cyclinders, im starting to get suspect over the ignition leads they dont clik on anymore bloody top gun crap. I reckon were gonna try 1-2 more degrees advance and see wat happens, if it doesnt work the cam will be in the for sale section
Old 13-04-2007, 09:28 PM   #15
2Lucid

you find that the computer is overfueling to make up for the variances in manifold pressure due to the cam..... witohut a tune she'll always idle like a pig. crow cams claim no ECU needed but thats crap.
2Lucid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2007, 11:00 PM   #16
JoesAu

you could be right in regards to the ecu.
Old 14-04-2007, 09:56 AM   #17
simon1976au
Starter Motor

if you know what cylinder it is thats not working then you could change the leads around ie: from 1 to 2 or 3 to 4.
Something like that, it will tell you if the miss changers from 1 cylinder to the next that it is the lead.
if your cam is like a mild crow then it will play up with the ecu like 2lucid said.
simon1976au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2007, 05:41 PM   #18
JoesAu

well im not happy at the moment, im ringing Crow on monday cos they told me it didnt need ecu upgrade/chip and see what they have to have to say bout it. How its running it sounds like the ECU cant handle it.
They told me they had this cam running on their Ute but the ute was On Gas but i didnt click at the time and think 'Gas cars will run with pretty much any cam" so i'll see what they say. IM pretty much over it really the way its looking i'll be selling the car and upgrading (Something i should of done from the start)!.