Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 21-04-2007, 12:29 AM   #1
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default The new Daily Drive

Hi all,
My name is Col and go by the name of lotus. Have been asking a few questions about EB's lately and I thought I would show why my recent interest. Bought this from an E series member (I think) recently for my partner to use for work and just for both of us to run around the place in.It's an EB2 XR8 manual, lowered, 16X 7.5 rims,Genie headers with a 3" exhaust and of course is Black.It will also help the Klms down on my AU1 XR8 a bit.

At the moment I have it up on stands checking out for any oil leaks and also checking everything to make sure their are no problems to get it back on the road as soon as possible.
First item to be attended to was the pedal box, which I must say was a challenging bit of work.Luckly I sort of know my way around a car as I have done all the repairs so far myself which keeps the cost down a fair bit.

The offending pedal box

If you look closely at the weld around the pivot pin for the clutch, you will see the crack (the rusty looking mark around the weld). Had to realign the pivot so that it was in the right position prior to welding.

As it should look! Got a local bloke to weld it up for me as I know my linitations and wanted a good job done.

More to follow!!

Old 21-04-2007, 12:33 AM   #2
frd_crzer
:D:D

nice car lotus. what mods u going to do to this car or are u going to heep it as it is?
Old 21-04-2007, 12:44 AM   #3
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks frd_crzer.
I don't know if anything has been done to the motor but when it's on the road again,I'll put it on a dyno and see what numbers it has. Since it's going to be a daily drive I won't be doing too much to it except making it look a bit better than what it is now.Justs needs a bit of TLC and maintance, bit of a polish and should come up pretty good.
Old 21-04-2007, 12:45 AM   #4
Dezza
Parts bin special

That's a great purchase. I've always been impressed with that car but it really needs clear indicators

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2007, 12:48 AM   #5
frd_crzer
:D:D

a nice cheap mod to do is the front indicators to clear and the side indicators on the side guards get AU s3 ones and then that will make it look a lot better
Old 21-04-2007, 12:58 AM   #6
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yea ea_silver_ghia, you are right there and they will be on shortly as well as AU side indicators. Might have to move this to the Builds section if I show what I've done so far. Just thought I would introduce myself to you all first.
Basically a good car (have found no rust so far),and as I've said just needs a good tidy up and a few things repaired.