Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-04-2007, 11:46 AM   #1
satchY

Default AU II Fuel Beep :)

Hi Guys I just Had LPG Fitted on my Au 2 and i am only surposed to have 1/4 of fuel in the tank at a time but because of this i get the 80 km beep is there anyway to disable this without to much hassle ?

Thanks Guys

if this this has been answered already please let me know

satchY

satchY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 04:51 PM   #2
HLC
Audi S3

just put in a little bit more fuel.
Old 22-04-2007, 07:33 PM   #3
satchY

WOW why didnt i think of that ! thanks for that useless post .....
Old 22-04-2007, 07:39 PM   #4
sednwol

Quote:
Hi Guys I just Had LPG Fitted on my Au 2 and i am only surposed to have 1/4 of fuel in the tank
Why the limitation? I have reciently done the same and put 68L LPG in.
sednwol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 08:19 PM   #5
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchY
Why the sarcasm? HLC gave you logical advice. You're complaining of the low fuel beep. Put a touch more fuel in and problem solved. Atleast he's given you advice for a temp solution to your beeping until you sort it out!
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 09:22 PM   #6
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I would hate to not start the car because I don't have enough gas to kick over the engine. Its a just a gentle reminder to top up. If I forget and I get the beep, I find the next petrol station on put in $10.
Uncle Ken
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 09:28 PM   #7
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

The reason we ask that you keep at least 1/4 tank of petrol in your car at all times is so that the fuel pump, rail/s and injectors dont seize/block up. also, your fitter should have mentioned that you need to use 1/4 tank of petrol per month as a minmum while maintaining 1/4 tank of petrol in the tank. ie: half a tank per month, use 1/4 of that, then fill to half again. this will ensure that the petrol side of things continues to run correctly and the petrol will not turn stale from no use. my advice is, deal with the 4 sets of beeps (they arent that loud anyway) and they dont continue in anycase, its just everytime you start the car. bottom line is, if you have 1/2 a tank in the car and run it on petrol once a week till you have used 1/4 tank to fill up again, you should never have the beeping problem (at least not for too long) other wise just fill up every time it starts beeping at you.

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 09:31 PM   #8
satchY

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2sw
The reason we ask that you keep at least 1/4 tank of petrol in your car at all times is so that the fuel pump, rail/s and injectors dont seize/block up. also, your fitter should have mentioned that you need to use 1/4 tank of petrol per month as a minmum while maintaining 1/4 tank of petrol in the tank. ie: half a tank per month, use 1/4 of that, then fill to half again. this will ensure that the petrol side of things continues to run correctly and the petrol will not turn stale from no use. my advice is, deal with the 4 sets of beeps (they arent that loud anyway) and they dont continue in anycase, its just everytime you start the car. bottom line is, if you have 1/2 a tank in the car and run it on petrol once a week till you have used 1/4 tank to fill up again, you should never have the beeping problem (at least not for too long) other wise just fill up every time it starts beeping at you.

Thanks For This It Explains Everything sorry about the last post but im sick of people on forums saying a logical answer without a explanation it happens on most forums no harm meant

Ta
Old 22-04-2007, 10:17 PM   #9
sednwol

If the LPG is being used why is the sender reading the petrol and giving the alarm? When on gas the sender should be reading the gas level not the petrol.
sednwol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 10:34 PM   #10
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
you're welcome mate.
Old 22-04-2007, 11:56 PM   #11
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Actually, that wasn't useless - he changed his name to Stav now anyway. That was a Henri post! And it was spot on. Just because you need an explanation for something that is logical, doesn't make what he wrote useless (or Stav).

The way to stop the beeps when they happen, without adding fuel, is to press the odometer reset button once. Of course, the real option is to keep the fuel tank between 1/4 and 1/2.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 01:57 AM   #12
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking

Quote:
Hi Guys I just Had LPG Fitted on my Au 2 and i am only surposed to have 1/4 of fuel in the tank at a time but because of this i get the 80 km beep is there anyway to disable this without to much hassle ?

Thanks Guys

if this this has been answered already please let me know

satchY
the 1/4 tank thing actually is you shouldn't let it get below 1/4 of a tank. You could do what i have done have both fuels go through the vehicle gauge so when on gas it shows gas when on petrol it shows petrol then you get rid of the poxy LED gauge they fit i have modified a factory switch to work with an aftermarket system and it looks factory installed. a guy called wayen kerr at the ford dealer tried to tell me it couldn't be done!1 well that was enought to inspire me to do it and then i went back and showed him the impossible
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 09:06 AM   #13
Robe

Yeah but the low petrol warning is irritating when you are on gas because it beeps when you still have plenty of fuel still in the tank.

I prefer to not carry around more petrol than I really need to have on board.

Is there a way to recalibrate the warning so it tells you to add petrol at a more realistic setting?

Bog standard silver BF Wagon, except for the Elvis doll , on gas.

Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance Association
www.VRRDA.com.au

2015 Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance State Championships
23 May 2015, Furlan Club, Thornbury
Robe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 01:56 PM   #14
satchY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robe
Yeah but the low petrol warning is irritating when you are on gas because it beeps when you still have plenty of fuel still in the tank.

I prefer to not carry around more petrol than I really need to have on board.

Is there a way to recalibrate the warning so it tells you to add petrol at a more realistic setting?

i Feel for you Robe and understand your concern my alarm goes off when i have like just under half and says 80 kms left but when i drive it goes up ?

bloody annoying
Old 23-04-2007, 09:41 PM   #15
CYCO TROOPS
CYCO4D Wagon.

I know the feeling, and then yeh, when you drive, the DTE trip gets higher rather then lower. Just give it $10 a week in petrol, that way you'll know you'll always have something to start on.
For some reason, my fuel guage has now been set to my LPG tank, so I never know how much petrol I have in the tank, so I just give it $10 one week and $20 on the next and keep that patern going to make sure there's always something in there.
Old 23-04-2007, 10:01 PM   #16
satchY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troop.R HiV
I know the feeling, and then yeh, when you drive, the DTE trip gets higher rather then lower. Just give it $10 a week in petrol, that way you'll know you'll always have something to start on.
For some reason, my fuel guage has now been set to my LPG tank, so I never know how much petrol I have in the tank, so I just give it $10 one week and $20 on the next and keep that patern going to make sure there's always something in there.

right on troop