Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 21-04-2007, 06:42 PM   #1
gregfx

Default Ed Xr8

Hi All,

Ive currently got a ZX6R and have hardly been on it since I bought my BA XR6. I was thinking of selling the bike and buying something like a manual ED XR8 to have some fun with.

Anyone have some good experience or ideas getting a project like this going? Im not too worried about paint, just basically driveline side of things. Looking for a quick fun street car, basically to keep the BA as the reliable standard car.

Old 21-04-2007, 07:08 PM   #2
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good luck finding a manual one. I think they made less than 100.
And it really wont be much faster than your XR6, if at all. (in standard trim, obviously with mods the sky is the limit)
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2007, 07:10 PM   #3
gregfx

less than 100? geez im making it easy for my self. thanks for the info!

maybe turbo a 6 a better option? ive been looking through lots of turbo setups in the other pages. probably better option!
Old 01-05-2007, 07:11 PM   #4
TuMor
its not a!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
Good luck finding a manual one. I think they made less than 100.
And it really wont be much faster than your XR6, if at all. (in standard trim, obviously with mods the sky is the limit)
Less than 100 if your talking about the sprint model. Man ED XR8's are heaps more common than that.

Charcoal Black
ohh yeeah
TuMor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2007, 07:16 PM   #5
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuMor
Less than 100 if your talking about the sprint model. Man ED XR8's are heaps more common than that.
He means manual ED XR8's.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:24 PM   #6
TuMor
its not a!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
He means manual ED XR8's.
I read only 350'something odd ED XR8sprint's were made, less than 100 of those being with a manual tran. Theres heaps more non-sprint XR8's out there right? I knowtice heaps more driving around...so more manuals...just thought maybe what i read was being taken for being the norm XR8.

Charcoal Black
ohh yeeah
Old 01-05-2007, 08:06 PM   #7
bentles
Banned

Quote:
I read only 350'something odd ED XR8sprint's were made, less than 100 of those being with a manual tran. Theres heaps more non-sprint XR8's out there right? I knowtice heaps more driving around...so more manuals...just thought maybe what i read was being taken for being the norm XR8.
if you are after a weekender thats quick and not worried about looks much he shouldnt be bothering with a sprint anyway as 15k for something thats only marginally quicker than a 5k car when looks/interior etc is not that important. get a ed/b xr6 and turbo it, or try looking for already turbo'd ones and go from there, much cheaper to make them hammer
bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2007, 08:53 PM   #8
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I remember hearing of only 80 manual ED XR8s made in 1993. Not sure of 1994, but id be surprised if it was more.

Hell there was only 329 manual ED XR6s made in 1993.

If you doubt me you can ring Ford, they will tell you how many were built.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2007, 10:00 PM   #9
Steady ED
Banned

Quote:
356 Sprints - 184 manuals, 172 autos.
Steady ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2007, 07:14 PM   #10
TuMor
its not a!

"Thank you for your e-mail to Ford Motor Company of Australia Limited (Ford Australia).

We can advise you that approximately 2305 ED Falcon XR8 5-speed manual sedans were produced.

We hope this information is of assistance.

Kind regards, "

Awesome, must be heaps out there. The bulk of them must have been made in 94, the changover from EB to ED was halfway 93' i think.

Charcoal Black
ohh yeeah