Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 13-05-2007, 07:43 PM   #1
gngtho
Banned

Default I Got Hit From behind (pics Inc)

Hey guys im preat cheesed of as my car got hit last night.

Now the guy is trying to say it wasn't his fault.

This is the story. I was pulling out of a shopping centre and ond the left side on the road people tend to park their cars there making it difficalt to see if there is any oncoming traffic, what is worse the car park is on a incline.

Anyway i was pulling out and natrualy i couldn't see so insted of moving an inch more instict told me to stop, thank god for that as a 4x4 was comming, as i stopped the guy behinde me was still moving and slamed me denting my bootlid and pushing my bumber down as i just got it fixed two days ago.

He is saying yes hey dropped my bumber but there is no way he dented my boot as his car was not high enough to do that.

Now my car has just come level on the road but his front end is still on the incine making his front end even with the spot he hit.

What is your opinion.

gngtho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 07:53 PM   #2
DOHC-DJ

damn man thats sucks, hope you get it fixed and the guy pays for it.

hey our cars the same colour...lol
DOHC-DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 07:56 PM   #3
Gilesie
You gotta pay to play

Best thing to do is just to hand all details to your insurance and let them sort it out. (after all that is what you pay them for)

2003 Mazda Bravo (work truck)

1979 F100 Ambo
Gilesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 08:01 PM   #4
gngtho
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhead_88
damn man thats sucks, hope you get it fixed and the guy pays for it.

hey our cars the same colour...lol
He was about 80 years old and yes he will pay for it.

I love that colour its getting resprayed the same.
Old 13-05-2007, 08:14 PM   #5
Dezza
Parts bin special

Bugger. He hit you from behind so he is definately at fault. I had similar damage to my car back in 03' when a 2WD Hilux hit me from behind. As well as my bumper being pushed down on the corner, I had a small dint in the bootlid and a bigger dint under the left taillight (they are pretty hard to see in the photo). This is what mine looked like

I think it was about $900 worth of damage. The Hilux on the other hand had $8000 worth of damage.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 08:26 PM   #6
frd_crzer
:D:D

i hope i didnt jinx you about alking about the acciedent on the black sup dezza :P. unluckey mate some people dont know how to drive.
Old 13-05-2007, 08:31 PM   #7
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd_crzer
i hope i didnt jinx you about alking about the acciedent on the black sup dezza :P. unluckey mate some people dont know how to drive.
No, you didn't jinx me, because the black spur was the last one I've had, and I've put it behind me. That pic there was from 2003.

This thread is really about gngtho getting hit from behind. I was just saying his damage was nearly identical to mine.

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
Old 13-05-2007, 08:44 PM   #8
Clarke AV
OzECruisers Treasurer

Question

In picture 1 did you wipe the dust off before or after the accident?
Clarke AV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 08:50 PM   #9
gngtho
Banned

lol the dust came of after the accident.

Yeh after further insp, he pushed my support bar down to.

i thought my identity of the falcon with hanging bumber had gone after i fixed it but its back a worse, will i ever have a non hanging bumper? I wonder. lol
Old 13-05-2007, 10:07 PM   #10
Maximus
ED XR6

sounds crap mate. Its horrible to see the price of repairs when its such small damage.
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 10:17 PM   #11
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

As has been said, regardless of anything. If you run into the back of a car, then you are at fault as it means you were travelling too close and did not leave enough braking room. So the guy that hit you was 100% at fault. Oldies are crap with paying up, just hope he doesnt have Australian Pensioners Insurance Agency insurance otherwise your in for a fight. I didn't see my XD for nearly 6months because of a stupid old codger who was 100% at fault but didnt see it fit to pay up the excess.

1979 XD Fairmont Ghia - Silver, 302C V8, Full velour interior, slowly building her up to be a tough cruiser!

2002 Nissan Patrol ST - Desert Gold, 4.8L DOHC 6cyl petrol (Soon to be reequipped with a 5.7L LS1 V8), 5speed auto, lifted, locked, 33's, nature destruction vehicle!
MightyXR6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 10:24 PM   #12
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyXR6Turbo
As has been said, regardless of anything. If you run into the back of a car, then you are at fault as it means you were travelling too close and did not leave enough braking room. So the guy that hit you was 100% at fault. Oldies are crap with paying up, just hope he doesnt have Australian Pensioners Insurance Agency insurance otherwise your in for a fight. I didn't see my XD for nearly 6months because of a stupid old codger who was 100% at fault but didnt see it fit to pay up the excess.
With my incident, it took about 9 months before the insurance company coughed up! The car belonged to my parents at the time and it was insured to Allianz. The ute that hit me was also insured with them. At least the back of my car looks better now than it did even before it was hit.

Old 13-05-2007, 10:27 PM   #13
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Lucky there is only minor damage.

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 10:47 PM   #14
gngtho
Banned

I have had two pannos look at it and thier mates of mine they said $190 for a new boot excluding paint, as i dont want bog on this car.

And yes that guy is wih API.

so you think it's going to take ages, if so the guy happens to live two streets away from me. Ill go in person and get my cash as i always pay up quick to save others any hassle.
Old 13-05-2007, 10:53 PM   #15
gngtho
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyXR6Turbo
No now it's regardless of hows fault it is you are still 15% in the wrong for being there, wich i think is stupid, i am going to recomend that he has a driving test as all my brake lights work because i made sure i had new globes in them for sh#t like this not to happen.

I know its small but for me as im slowly trying to get this car straight plus trying to save for a house it's bloody irratating.
Old 13-05-2007, 11:05 PM   #16
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gngtho
I have had two pannos look at it and thier mates of mine they said $190 for a new boot excluding paint, as i dont want bog on this car.

And yes that guy is wih API.

so you think it's going to take ages, if so the guy happens to live two streets away from me. Ill go in person and get my cash as i always pay up quick to save others any hassle.
Good luck with that mate.

No insurance company will give you a new boot lid for a tiny dent like that,nor should anyone if thay're paying for it privatly.It's unrealistic,you wouldn't get a new bootlid if it where a bf11 gt.

Apia is owned/operated by aami. You will need 2 quotes.The panelshops will quote to repair the bootlid,even if you get "olmates" to quote for a bootlid,the assessor will change it to a repair,simple as that.

Sorry that it's happened,and your clearly not in the wrong,but you'll save some face if you don't go in demanding a new bootlid.

Last edited by apolloxbgt; 13-05-2007 at 11:12 PM.
apolloxbgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 11:05 PM   #17
snypereb
[EBGLT]

$190 do it!!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote