Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 27-04-2005, 09:17 AM   #31
Gunns
Banned

Well I just got off the phone with the tailer company and, they want a letter explaining what happened, and they are going to conduct an investagation into why happened.
So it looks like they are going to be paying out, speaking to the guy at there Head Office.
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2005, 09:50 AM   #32
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Excellent.

But farrrrrkkk, there would have been brown stains in my dacks, for sure.

Glad to hear you're OK.
Old 27-04-2005, 09:53 AM   #33
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Wow, and I thougth wayne had a dodgy trailer , hahahahaha

Thats a bugger, well AL if you need paint just ask

Hope it all gets sorted sooner then later in your favour of course.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2005, 11:55 AM   #34
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellboy999
Wow, and I thougth wayne had a dodgy trailer , hahahahaha
LMAO!

I'm glad you're all okay, it obviously could have been much worse.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2005, 01:11 PM   #35
Sundeep
Banned

Ouchies.

Get like $6k out of them and move on to a EF or EL, don't bother repairing that :S

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2005, 02:38 PM   #36
eb2fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What a bloody shocker.

Like some in this thread, I too, work in servo (Shell aka coles express). This particular instance involved the wire cable holding the trailers. Over time these things pick up crap and fray, leaving barbs for the customer to *****/sash themselves on. Great stuff when it happens when a customer walks back in with blood everywhere.

To cut a long story short, customer has written some aggro letters to coles/trailer company. (Fair enough). Trailer company and coles have not done anything about the said cable....coles risk management believed it was the trailer companies falut and they dhaven't done shit since.

Ah corporations, anything in the name of a quick buck, not what is best for you and I.
eb2fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2005, 03:30 PM   #37
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2fairmont
Ah corporations, anything in the name of a quick buck, not what is best for you and I.
Being an EX Shell/Coles Express employee, I couldn't agree more. It's scary how dodgy they are willing to be in the name of profit, and that is all I will say on that matter. I wouldn't go back to work for them, even if they doubled the pay!

Best of luck mate, hope it all gets sorted out ASAP and without you being inconvinienced too much more.
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2005, 07:56 PM   #38
TUFED6
Banned

A few months ago we hired a tandem to go up to heathcote- and as I was returning it after the weekend of racing one of the hubs colapsed and sent a wheel spearing towards the servo as we were pulling into the driveway to return it.

Glad that didn't happen at 100km/h...

I guess these trailers don't need to go through any kind of periodical RWC or anything. Seems every time I hire one there is some light that doesn't work or it has a shitty winch or bald tyres or brakes that don't work.

- John
TUFED6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2005, 08:16 PM   #39
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Sorry to learn of this Al, the main thing is you're not hurt. I remember feeling less than confident with the trailer Phoenix EB and I hired when towing my EL. Eventually there will have to be some sort of serious roadworthy check system.
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2005, 08:23 PM   #40
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by five point slow
wow. we hired a trailer once to tow my car it had no brakes but yeah thats scary
yeah i very nearly ran up the car in front...... only after i'd stopped i said trailers got no brakes.

but hell, that looks painfull Al. hope you get somewhere with the meeting tomorrow mate
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2005, 09:05 PM   #41
SileNceR
02/90 EA II Fairmont

car trailers... bah.... white ea hit the fence thanks to dodgey winches on a brand new trailer... lucky it was only a parts car lol
Old 27-04-2005, 09:22 PM   #42
AdzT3-146
own the road

gee, sorry to see that. hope everything works out for ya.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2005, 09:49 PM   #43
Vandy
Back from Bucketland

I'm currently working for a certain nationwide hire company who hire a great deal of trailers. Unfortunately sometimes doesn't matter how much maintanance you perform on trailers, sometimes they just commit suicide. Gunns situation is definately lack of maintanance as the 4 coupling bolts should be tightened after every hire.

As part of my job, I spend most of my day towing trailers of all shapes and sizes with all sorts of equipment on them. I was towing a 12 metre trailer mounted cherry picker down the Tulla Fwy in four lanes of peak hour traffic with a wheel came off. That wasn't the most fun I've had given the fact that in the process it shattered the disc, tore the caliper off and caught fire, all where there was no emergency lane...

And just the other day, I was towing a 2 tonne excavator around the rear of Westfield Airport West when the trailer coupling broke and the excavator tried to over take the truck. Now that made a mess!
Vandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2005, 10:48 PM   #44
BuuBox

That sounds (and looks) nasty, glad to hear that everyone's alright. How'd the car on the trailer fare? Good luck getting the money for you car, and perhaps a little extra...
BuuBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2005, 12:17 AM   #45
Gunns
Banned

The only damage done to the car on the trailer was some scuff mraks on the paint work that buffed out. I had it straped down really well. Thank God!
Old 28-04-2005, 12:19 AM   #46
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunns
The only damage done to the car on the trailer was some scuff mraks on the paint work that buffed out. I had it straped down really well. Thank God!
Thank God indeed!, Gave the Ghia a cut and polish today and all the red trailer paint came off easy _2:

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 05:13 PM   #47
Gunns
Banned

Well it looks like the EA is a write off! So now I am waiting to see how big a pay out I am going to get. What is a EA SVO worth these days?
Old 02-05-2005, 06:39 PM   #48
LUXO_8
windsor user

damn mate, what a shame...
Old 02-05-2005, 07:05 PM   #49
Damo
Banned

Awww damn, maybe a good excuse for an Upgrade. Good luck with it all. Were any of the wheels damaged ?
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 08:17 PM   #50
seano14
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sounds like alot of people have bad experiences with hire trailers. the last car trailer i hired the spare wheel on it came off and bounced off the road into the scrub. as we loaded a car onto it we thought we would check the wheel nuts were all tight and found many were only hand tight (if that)

sounds bad what happened to you though Gunns. hope you can find a good replacement car
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 08:50 PM   #51
SWOOP
XRSVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunns
Well it looks like the EA is a write off! So now I am waiting to see how big a pay out I am going to get. What is a EA SVO worth these days?
haha AL ,it wont make a diff ,all the times I had claims on my one (hehe your one) I was taken as market value of an EA Gl, with mods ,unless I changed to agreed value and wasnt worth it.

get my old shell of mick if he still has ,fit all your gear/respray it and then youll have a dead set original one ,
SWOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 10:01 PM   #52
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOOP
get my old shell of mick if he still has ,fit all your gear/respray it and then youll have a dead set original one ,
Sounds like a plan ;)

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
Old 02-05-2005, 10:09 PM   #53
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You guys reackon these trailers could be tampered with? Either by the people who used it before you or by people when they're just witting in the yard? Sounds like alot are going haywire...
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 10:13 PM   #54
LUXO_8
windsor user

nah, not really, they are just poorly maintained...
the trailer that i had that had no brakes, had a look when i got home and there was no hydraulic fluid in the resevoir - it either had a leak or they just failed to top it up...

as Gunns said, the bolts just came out on the one he had....... scary shite.....
Old 02-05-2005, 10:23 PM   #55
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
nah, not really, they are just poorly maintained...
the trailer that i had that had no brakes, had a look when i got home and there was no hydraulic fluid in the resevoir - it either had a leak or they just failed to top it up...

as Gunns said, the bolts just came out on the one he had....... scary shite.....
And we thought we were lucky to find a trailer for hire near Pickles Auctions :
Now we know why it was there for rent

Old 02-05-2005, 10:23 PM   #56
EFFalcon
Last warning

nono.
the bolts didnt come out.
they sheared off.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 10:25 PM   #57
LUXO_8
windsor user

oooh. i just thought they came out......

my bad...

shoulda been welded IMO
Old 02-05-2005, 10:28 PM   #58
EFFalcon
Last warning

yep.. every person i've said the bolts sheared, they said 'arnt they usually welded'
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 10:30 PM   #59
InitialD
Low and Loud

Bolts looked pretty Cheapass style aswell