Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-05-2007, 01:00 PM   #1
MRJUCY
Fordless

Default Cruise control

The cruise control in my friends AU 1 auto isn't working.
The cruise light come on the dash but you can't set a speed, the fuses are fine & all the brake lights work so is there anything else simple we can look out for or is likely to be something more substantial?

MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 01:18 PM   #2
lukey
www.lukehimself.net

I got the same problem :(
Old 16-05-2007, 02:57 PM   #3
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That will be the 2 brake lights have blown but you have dismissed the idea , try the switch on the brake pedal or the switch on the clutch pedal
There is not much else that can go wrong with them
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 03:44 PM   #4
MRJUCY
Fordless

That was my first thought too but all the brake lights work & being auto there is no clutch. Could the switch be busted & the brake lights still work?
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #5
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no it uses the brake light circuit therfore the same switch just a thought was this day or night? with led tail lights if u have them the cruise will not work with the headlights on this can be fixed with a 39 ohm 5 watt resistor from the brake light to earth this may not be your problem but it's worth a thought
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 06:38 PM   #6
mattbl

I've been down the long road of AU cruise controls. I'm assuming it doesn't say 'set' on the dash when you are trying to set the cruise. I can't find my old thread but I'll keep looking. If the brake lights work start looking at the buttons on the steering wheel and the clock spring.

1. Disconnect the Harness from the Cruise Control Module (under the bonnet near the brake master cylinder).

With the "-SET" (DECEL) switch depressed, measure the resistance between pins 5 and 6, while rotating the steering wheel throughout its entire range

IS THE RESISTANCE BETWEEN 114 and 126 OHMS ?

2. With the "+SET" (ACCEL/SET) switch depressed, measure the resistance between pins 5 and 6, while rotating the steering wheel throughout its entire range

IS THE RESISTANCE BETWEEN 646 and 714 OHMS ?

If there is no resistance at all on either of the buttons remove the airbag and check for continuity at the connector depressing the switches. No continuity - replace the switches.

If there is resistance when measuring at the connector that plugs into the Cruise Control Module but the circuit goes open while turning the steering wheel I would change the clock spring.

There are actually quite a number of things that can go wrong but the brake lights, switches and clock spring are the 3 most common.
The units are actually quite robust, I have a spare if anyone is in Melboure and wants to use it to test but nearly all the problems I've seen with AU cruise controls are what is stated above or wiring problems brought on through vibration which ended up being my problem.

Cheers
Old 16-05-2007, 10:29 PM   #7
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Check for fluid leaking into the connector from the cruise redundancy switch on the brake master cylinder. The fluid will short the switch which stops cruise from being set.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post