Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 20-05-2007, 01:25 AM   #1
bentles
Banned

Default t5 conversion - warrandyte south

Ok the last day kinda got ruined due to the main man pulling out at the last minute so ive now got a new offer

you need to bring:

all tools (and i mean all including jacks stands ratchets or whatever)
i have all parts
you need to know how to do the entire thing with no "guesses" including all wiring and clutch alignment

must be done on a saturday so theres always the sunday if the job is not finished as i have to drive it on monday.

payment is very negotiable, ie: im willing to fork out money as long as its done properly and doesnt take too long to complete.

pm me if you are serious about helping and ill give you a $ figure of what im prepared to fork out for a hassle free day

bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2007, 01:44 AM   #2
bentles
Banned

or a friday sorry, cant edit my post
Old 20-05-2007, 11:48 AM   #3
Sundeep
Banned

A less demanding tone in your request would probably gain a better response from the parties who would be able to help you, and you wouldn't even have to pay them.

Otherwise, good luck.

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2007, 12:01 PM   #4
bentles
Banned

well i tried the option with no money and the people who turned up were the people who turn up and lend a hand to everything, however we didnt have the tools to get it done, im trying to keep this somewhat professional so i dont get a bunch of responses like "yeh maybe i can do it i might come round on weekend at maybe 10 so i can have a look" or "yeh ill be there for sure.." then they wake up in the morning and think "gee im not getting anything out of this **** it i wont go"

i figure if i offer money, and keep it serious those guys will look for things to do elsewhere.

i know it sounds a bit demanding, but sometimes it has to otherwise it will never get done, i paid for the gearbox at the start of feb and its still no closer to getting in my car.
Old 20-05-2007, 12:05 PM   #5
efgiar
rofl copter

heres an idea. drive ur car with the parts to somones house who wants to help, that way they dont have to lug around 400 billion tools. i would do it but i would only do it here and on a satdy arvo/sunday as i work satdy mornings. and i dont have a jack that works.

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2007, 12:11 PM   #6
bentles
Banned

forgot to mention, manual pedal box already in!
Old 20-05-2007, 09:31 PM   #7
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

I have a Jack. So if Josh (efgiar) is willing to do it then I will be in as well and I can help him and provide stands, some extra tools and the Jack.
Blueprint, 19" FG2 XR6 Luxo Rims, Momo Steering Wheel, XR8 Bonnet Buldge, Full Leather, 3.7 Typhoon Diff Gears, Force Lip Spoiler, De-badged, Ghia Boot Garnish, Pedders Adjustable Coil- Overs And Camber Kit

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)
Gunmetal Grey, 19" Typhoon Copies, Tickford Body Kit, Pedders Sports Ryders With Shortened Shocks And Camber Kit, Full S/S Difilipo Exhaust With Matching Extractors

mark_TD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2007, 09:57 PM   #8
bentles
Banned

thanks mark but pats gonna do it on friday possibly, werribee is a bit far away for me incase for whatever reason i cant get the car running that day i dont wanna be stuck out that far lol
Old 20-05-2007, 10:43 PM   #9
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Didnt wayne offer you a place bentley why didnt you do that, that would have been perfect.

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2007, 10:46 PM   #10
bentles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snypereb
Didnt wayne offer you a place bentley why didnt you do that, that would have been perfect.
yeh its just wayne always had something on his plate and at first i was ready to do it at his, but then i couldnt get the spigot bearing, and then i decided i might try and get it done at mine but that failed so now pats gonna give it a crack on friday