Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-07-2007, 05:36 PM   #1
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Sports Seats

Hi,

I can get a set of Autotechnica Monza sports seats, and i'm wondering if i can and how to put them in my ute.

Regards
Nathan

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2007, 06:11 PM   #2
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

id consider somthing a little more expensive..
as well it is your safety at risk here...

ive been told by a fellow that sold them (i think he worked at autobarn or somthing)
that the monza items have a tendency to snap in half in an accident
Old 11-07-2007, 06:20 PM   #3
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats not cool, but to meet ADR requirements they would have been throughly tested??

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:22 PM   #4
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

depends how thorough they were tho..
i mean look at cars.. they have lots of problems that are a bit.. unsafe..

just do some research before you jump at somthing like that
Old 11-07-2007, 07:54 PM   #5
robbo_yobbo
Kick out tha Jams

I would have thought the seatbelt would be more important in a crash then the seats themself.

The factory seats bolt the seatbelt clip to the seat, but I put some reclinable buckets in and just bolted the seatbelt clip to the floor instead. That way if the seat snaps in half (not that I could see how it could happen) wont affect weather or not I fly through the windscreen in a collision!

I only got the $120 eBay cheapies, but they look the part, and you notice a huuge difference in stability around corners (yourself not the car, lol).

I started swapping all the parts over from one AU to another a few weeks back and havnt got round to the seats yet, but the first thing I noticed after jumping back into the factory seats wasnt how sluggish the stock motor was, it was how sloppy the seats felt around corners - Even for $120 cheapies theres miles of difference, and you move when the car moves - not 5 seconds later!

first answer, yes you can put them in (dont ask me about wheather its legal or not, I think maybee yes if you use your factory rails).

Second answer -how? you'll probably need to make up some addaptor of some kind - I just used a couple of thick steel tape cut to length. Drilled holes to bolt to the floor, and drilled holes to bolt to the rails that came with the seats, bolted the two together, and all was done. End result was the seats sat a little lower to the floor than factory, which I liked better too.

Only tip - get reclinables, not fixed buckets, my mate had fixed buckets and the uncomfortability factor far outweighed the cool factor and he swapped them back.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:01 PM   #6
drracing108
au1xlsv8

i bought cobra sazuka race seats for mine, $1100 ea. they are awesome seats, although bought them for racing, they are the way too go
Old 12-07-2007, 07:19 AM   #7
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Being a ute you need to retain the lever on the back of the seat to fold the seat forward ... sedans don't need it.

I was looking at replacing my XLS ute seats with something from a higher series ... but found i need to use specific ute seats (or a seat that has the rear lever on it).

I will eventually look at getting a set of standard seats rebolstered/retrimmed to suit my ute ... will work out about the same as new aftermarket seats ... and will fit the rails perfectly and also made specifically for the Falcon.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 06:00 PM   #8
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mechan1k, yeah these seats have the quick tilt lever.

Thanks guys

Nathan

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T