Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-06-2007, 07:55 PM   #1
Turboconvert

Default exhaust issues

i had a problem today with getting my exhuast system fitted. last week i had gone to a local mechanic to organise getting pacemaker extractors and redback 2.5 inch exhaust system put onto my car and had booked it in for today, (giving a week for the parts to get here). the extractors arrived fine, but the redback exhaust system was nowhere to be found! WHY? the mechanic was telling me he was on the phone to redback and it seems that they had run out of stock for a i6 and my order was back logged or something. now i know this is not the mechanics fault but redbacks and he could not find out a time (from redback) when the order could be sent. i was really annoyed when i found this out. : so now my falcon has the extractors fitted and the stock exhaust still there. (the pipes on the catalic convertor has been modified for now to run the extractors with the stock exhaust system till redback gets there *** into gear. the mechanic had to do something).

now i hear some of you guys saying why dont i just screw redback and go else where. well the fact of the matter is that they have been placed on order and the mechanic at the moment only deals with redback exhausts anyway so i could not be bothered trying to go elsewhere to get the exhaust system on.

sorry for the rant but i had to vent my anger somewhere :

Bf xr6 turbo sedan, 6 SP auto, Leather/suede interior
Turboconvert is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 09:35 PM   #2
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i've got an idea....buy an exhaust off ebay, take it to him and get him to fit it....problem solved
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2007, 02:06 AM   #3
aye you
The Origional, The Best

what are those ebay systems like? ive been considerin getting a redback system from the ebay store "online performance autos".
Lowerage on KingSprings Lows | Engine...Period | Sounds System

I Use And Recommend F1 Tyres And Wheels On The Gold Coast

Proud Supporter of Beat The Heat (NT)
aye you is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2007, 08:14 AM   #4
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i got mine from them about 10 months ago, great quality, never had a problem with it, shipping was quick as well, at the time i lived in alice so it was all good
Old 30-06-2007, 08:51 AM   #5
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

You can actually get them supplied and fitted for the same price that they are for supply only on ebay.

This is in Melbourne at least.

I had a Redback 2.5" MB system put on my wagon last year for $380 supplied and fitted. Wagon systems are about $50 more than sedans, and I also paid for the 2nd muffler option.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2007, 09:42 AM   #6
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So whats the benifit of fitting a redback system compaired to having an exhaust shop bend up a system for you?
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2007, 10:00 AM   #7
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockoau
So whats the benifit of fitting a redback system compaired to having an exhaust shop bend up a system for you?
Cheaper and quicker I guess.

If you got a custom system made, you could no doubt specify better quality mufflers for a better result, but custom systems are generally alot more expensive.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2007, 05:46 PM   #8
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockoau
it depends on how it's bent at the exhaust shop, if it's mandrel bent, no difference, press bent, well...redbacks are mandrel bent, meaning the pipe is the same size diameter through bends as straights, press bent it is pressed when it is bent, reducing the diameter through bends
Old 14-07-2007, 09:52 AM   #9
Turboconvert

well i finally got my redback exhaust system fitted yesterday, and well what can i say..... i am absolutly happy with the system. it really does sound great. despite the long wait for getting it on, i am glad i got it... now my car has a sound that matchs the looks of it. :sm_headba

Bf xr6 turbo sedan, 6 SP auto, Leather/suede interior
Turboconvert is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post