Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-08-2007, 03:52 PM   #31
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

OMG. I can't believe somebody took a suggestion of mine seriously and actually implemented it. Watch out world!!!

I was lucky a few months back my car was selected as the random car of the day

Just another suggestion - is there a way to limit the random car of the day selection to those with at least one picture? I just think it looks a little weird on the front page when you get a car of the day without a picture.

I'll have to sit down over the weekend sometime and set up some favourite cars, LOL most of the Tickfords will probably end up in there.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2007, 03:57 PM   #32
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
OMG. I can't believe somebody took a suggestion of mine seriously and actually implemented it. Watch out world!!!

I was lucky a few months back my car was selected as the random car of the day

Just another suggestion - is there a way to limit the random car of the day selection to those with at least one picture? I just think it looks a little weird on the front page when you get a car of the day without a picture.

I'll have to sit down over the weekend sometime and set up some favourite cars, LOL most of the Tickfords will probably end up in there.
It was a great suggestion.

Dauphin, you never cease to amaze. It works like a gem. Time to change this thread title too!

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2007, 04:04 PM   #33
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

It's back? First I didn't know there were ratings, then I didn't see them removed, and now it's back. Wow, you guys work fast.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2007, 04:14 PM   #34
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

As the website is the official "face" we like to keep it up to date, fresh and moving if at all possible.
This new ratings system cant be skewed by multiple votes each day so its much fairer for all I think.

Old 03-08-2007, 04:42 PM   #35
Turboconvert

yes great idea, only one problem thou....
there are so many good cars on there i am gonna have to keep on changing my favourites

Bf xr6 turbo sedan, 6 SP auto, Leather/suede interior
Turboconvert is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2007, 04:45 PM   #36
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uteaddict
yes great idea, only one problem thou....
there are so many good cars on there i am gonna have to keep on changing my favourites
thats cool, thats why it was done the way it is.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:16 PM   #37
falzoony
Rockin '67

Great idea, this new way will be fairer then the old way.

'67 XR Wagon
falzoony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2007, 06:30 PM   #38
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Just had a look at the implementation of it, well done guys.

Another idea, when you click on a members' profile, do you think it should show their favourite cars in there? So say somebody clicks on my car then clicks on the "Posted by Riksta" bit to see the cars I have on display & blog etc, it would show the cars I have selected as favourites.

Dammit my head just swims with ideas for the site LOL
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 12:20 PM   #39
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

I thought about that but I'm not too sure if everyone would be happy about showing it. Maybe we can have an option in the account details to choose whether we wanna show our favorites.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 12:36 PM   #40
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauphin
I thought about that but I'm not too sure if everyone would be happy about showing it. Maybe we can have an option in the account details to choose whether we wanna show our favorites.
I can't see why anyone would have a problem with it and if they did they can fix that by simply not selecting any favorites, nothing wrong with letting others know what you like. Good job with the way you've gone about it too, that goes for you too Casper.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 07:44 AM   #41
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Just had a look at the implementation of it, well done guys.

Another idea, when you click on a members' profile, do you think it should show their favourite cars in there? So say somebody clicks on my car then clicks on the "Posted by Riksta" bit to see the cars I have on display & blog etc, it would show the cars I have selected as favourites.

Dammit my head just swims with ideas for the site LOL
what were you thinking ricksat?!! one good idea that we listen to and actioned, and you think all your ideas are worth using!! :
seriously though, thats not a bad idea......perhaps worth thinking about, once the favourites section is running well. one step at a time
BTW thanks for confusing everyone casper!! i saw the "...Ratings are back" title, and thought it was a new thread! :

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 08:35 AM   #42
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One thing I noticed on AUFalcon web site is the events. You just pick an event your going to and attach yourself to the event. Thats an excellent function.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 11:05 AM   #43
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

We are always looking at improving the website. Even though most of the interaction occurs here in the forums I think its important to constantly improve and enhance the website so people go back there and have a look.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:37 AM   #44
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauphin
I don't think my car has ever been randomly-selected either.

So who was responsible for ruining the ratings system for everyone else?????
damn ... i've been twice ...

aaahh yeah, sorry about that!!!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post